Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

Don't know if this has been posted yet, I have to say I am very impressed his low post moves. How he is only a 4 star well :noidea:.

images
We have had many centers come along offensively over the years going back to Rosy and Rony and Bill Smith and continuing more recently with Arinze, Rick, and now Rak.

However, Diagne is the first to combine the polish that Rick had in HS with the athleticism of some of the other great ones we have had at that position.

Not sure how the strength thing will play out for this kid as a frosh, but no question he will be high on our all-time C lists before he is done.

We have had many centers come along offensively over the years going back to Rosy and Rony and Bill Smith and continuing more recently with Arinze, Rick, and now Rak.

However, Diagne is the first to combine the polish that Rick had in HS with the athleticism of some of the other great ones we have had at that position.

Not sure how the strength thing will play out for this kid as a frosh, but no question he will be high on our all-time C lists before he is done.

Like I am said, I am very impressed how polished he is down low. The thing that I am most impressed about is his body control. He is able to move sideways and pivot smoothly to get around opposing players. It is a major help on D, as he is able to position and go straight up instead of reaching (which gets Rak in trouble). The kid is an athlete, he is going to make some major strides as he has not been playing organized ball for that long. He absolutely hovers over the whole court like a condor.
condor-9-Version-2.jpg

He is going to be a niece piece in the zone. I would see him more at the 4 than the 5 if we pick up Bryant. If we add Bryant look out. Bryant C 6'10, Diagne 4 6'9, Lydon 3 6'9, Richardson 2 6'6, Howard 1 6'6. That zone would reach into our offensive half. Thing I am liking about the bigs out of this class, assuming we add Bryant, is they are tenacious.

I love the African players we have been getting as they are also model citizens and excellent students. I have been always impressed with the morals and ethics all of my Africans friends and families have had. Let's stay out of Brazil please.

He is going to be a niece piece in the zone. I would see him more at the 4 than the 5 if we pick up Bryant. If we add Bryant look out. Bryant C 6'10, Diagne 4 6'9, Lydon 3 6'9, Richardson 2 6'6, Howard 1 6'6. That zone would reach into our offensive half. Thing I am liking about the bigs out of this class, assuming we add Bryant, is they are tenacious.

I love the African players we have been getting as they are also model citizens and excellent students. I have been always impressed with the morals and ethics all of my Africans friends and families have had. Let's stay out of Brazil please.

That lineup will never see the floor together. It's unclear to me how the playing time will sort itself out, but we've got guys in the program already that will keep some of them off the floor as frosh and anyone that does crack the lineup as a frosh may not be here when the others catch up given that Richardson and Bryant probably aren't four year players.

A little Tapha dunk contest footage - actually just him at very beginning blindfolded...slow time of the year right now!

A little Tapha dunk contest footage - actually just him at very beginning blindfolded...slow time of the year right now!

Thanks, I enjoyed that. I think I saw him a couple more times though, including in an orange shirt? Either way, I enjoy watching nice dunks!

Most of those dunks were terrible. Diagne was the best dunker. One other guy had a nice dunk. That one white dude could barely touch the rim.

Most of those dunks were terrible. Diagne was the best dunker. One other guy had a nice dunk. That one white dude could barely touch the rim.
Agreed. But Pope John is in a pretty remote area compared to some of the other Jersey comp, so you're not going to get a super loaded team. In fact, a really good scoring PG in Bryce Aiken transferred out last year. Nevertheless, Diagne sees more competition on the AAU scene and has held his own with the best of the so called best.

I really don't want to think about a possible back line a frosh tapha/chino center, t-rob/lydon, bj/gbinijie - forwards. Not that I dont think it could work and be quick with some experience mixed in, just that it lacks the shot blocking/ intimidation big man in the middle that Bryant would have. Even if DC2 is able to start next yr and be healthy enough for big minutes-hes not a shot blocker. however, it be a really good rebounding team. Let's just keep our fingers crossed stuff doesn't get silly with this recruitment. I don't believe it will and believe all the reports that he will be orange come spring, but nothing is guaranteed with creepy Cal. If UK misses on Diallo, Zimmerman, Maker, etc, then we might be in trouble. Find it hilarious that IU fans think they have a chance though...they are a delusional fan base living in the 80s still.

Agreed. But Pope John is in a pretty remote area compared to some of the other Jersey comp, so you're not going to get a super loaded team. In fact, a really good scoring PG in Bryce Aiken transferred out last year. Nevertheless, Diagne sees more competition on the AAU scene and has held his own with the best of the so called best.
Pope John has a scrimmage scheduled tomorrow against Roselle. Should be fun to see Diagne go up against Briscoe and Silva.

Jeremy Schneider@J_Schneider · 1h1 hour ago
Moustapha Diagne has looked like the best player on the court so far. Chris Silva hanging with him, though #NJhoops

From the scrimmage today against Roselle Catholic.

Even when we get TB, I think Diagne is going to be the gem of this class. He is starting to see him develop a nice jumper. His form looks very Melo as he has that slight fall away to his shot. This kid is going to be special. He is also highly intelligent to boot.

He actually reminds me a lot of Rak.. except this years version not previous. My favorite highlight from previous page was the pass on the break. BBall IQ.

He actually reminds me a lot of Rak.. except this years version not previous. My favorite highlight from previous page was the pass on the break. BBall IQ.
Wait til he gets on the hill. You're not going to believe how he used either hand without bias. Going to get "slippery" buckets. He will not lead us on scoring. But he will get key baskets and has a knack for the loose ball. Think Josh Pace of big men. Going to be a very important piece down the road time.

Wait til he gets on the hill. You're not going to believe how he used either hand without bias. Going to get "slippery" buckets. He will not lead us on scoring. But he will get key baskets and has a knack for the loose ball. Think Josh Pace of big men. Going to be a very important piece down the road time.

I think the pain this year will be considered well worth it when next years class comes in with a more experienced and hardened group from this yr.

Sounds like cousin otis a bit to me...

He looks alot like tyler roberson to me, but a much more aggressive version in the eyes coming in. Its going to be fun watching those two on the floor together next year. Roberson is a unbelievable rebounder I remember red saying he thinks Diange will be a unbelievable one.