Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

I am not really worried about the Bryant situation because he was always going to wait. The hearing this week should give us a much better idea of what we are facing as far as infractions and recommended discipline. I also feel that as far as scholly numbers go we will be fine because Chris has always planned to be one and done and unfortunately its looking more and more like DC2 may never play bball competitively again. Big guys, multiple knee surgeries and recurring knee issues is just a really bad deal and track record. It sucks because the kid is very likable, seems to be a great teammate and what ever anyone thought about his actual performance on the court he always gave major effort. Hope to be wrong here but I am doubting he is on an ATHLETIC scholly next season.

I'm glad so many people know that DC2 will never play basketball again. It's not like DC2 or JB would know any more about the situation than posters on this board. Just because neither of them have ever even mentioned career ending in reference to the injury...

I understand that there is a possibility of a RS. Even DC2 & JB have hinted that it is a possibility, but never once has anyone ever said anything about career ending.

It is almost as though people want to push him out the door. He didnt live up to the hype< so shove him out of the way.

This kid has given everything he has had to SU. It is obvious he loves it. He was a huge recruit. He could have gone almost anywhere, but chose to stay home. He is probably the biggest cheer leader on the bench.

This is the sort of kid that we as SU fans should want to have, rather than discard him as soon as he doesn't live up to our standards.

Last edited:
I'm glad so many people know that DC2 will never play basketball again. It's not like DC2 or JB would know any more about the situation than posters on this board. Just because neither of them have ever even mentioned career ending in reference to the injury...

I understand that there is a possibility of a RS. Even DC2 & JB have hinted that it is a possibility, but never once has anyone ever said anything about career ending.

It is almost as though people want to push him out the door. He didnt live up to the hype< so shove him out of the way.

This kid has given everything he has had to SU. It is obvious he loves it. He was a huge recruit. He could have gone almost anywhere, but chose to stay home. He is probably the biggest cheer leader on the bench.

This is the sort of kid that we as SU fans should want to have, rather than discard him as soon as he doesn't live up to our standards.

I don't see any of that in this thread. I see people wondering about a kid who has had two knee surgeries in two years the second of which has seen a very long slow recovery. I hope he redshirts this season and can play the next two because I still feel he is an elite rebounder and would round out on the offensive end becoming a very good post presence and I guy who racks up fouls on the other team. I'd love to have him healthy this season because I think he and Rak would make a great tandem at the center spot plus it would give us more flexibility at the forward spots since Rak could play some 4 if needed then. I concur he plays hard and is a great cheerleader and positive teammate. Still I worry that with knee issues like this he will ever be able to play hard without causing a lot of swelling and stress on that knee. He was limping noticeably at orang madness.

Last edited:
The bad man is back!!!!!
th_shaqoohhh.png
th_shaqoohhh.png

Bryant has some great skills for a big guys, especially with those loooooong arms. Would love to see him in Orange. He and Coleman would make a nice combination at center next season. If Coleman is not 100% the recruitment of Bryant becomes even more important.

Bryant has some great skills for a big guys, especially with those loooooong arms. Would love to see him in Orange. He and Coleman would make a nice combination at center next season. If Coleman is not 100% the recruitment of Bryant becomes even more important.

Throw Diange and an older more experienced Chino in there and center goes from one of the thinnest positions to one of the deapest if we land Bryant and Coleman gets healthy.

Jamesvillecuse said:
I hope we do not lose any ships cause this is a kid we really need next year

The coaches are working on that.

But I think loss of scholies would come into play in 2016, 2017.

Poor number 54, he never stood a chance.
Bryant is just the kind of beast we haven't seen for the Orange. Qe haves quite a few like him and it never fares well for the team. As for DC returning,I'm not at all sure about that. I can easily see him giving up the game to keep himself out of a wheelchair. or worse

I think have an actual Math Instructor (teacher) doing the players work online and then guiding them to the correct answers is a lot different than anything we had going on academically.

1st: Weber State Plays in the Big Sky not a power five
2nd: Losing 8 schollies in fball is probably equivalent to loosing 2 in bball from a numbers standpoint.

3 years probation, loss of schollies, 5K fine and no post season bans, for blatant academic fraud involving a faculty member. If you keep your perspective it seems we are very unlikely to see any postseason bans or vacating of games. Limited loss of schollie and possibly probation seem most likely at this point. Also the players and the faculty member admitted these things in Weber State's case. It seemed SU came armed to the hearings to dispute things that were unfounded and the ACC was there to represent us as well.

That Weber state decision is a real buzzkill...

Where is the Buzzkill ?

They lost some scholarships (I agree with Jordoo, equal to losing 2 from a basketball standpoint, and If you mean in regards to landing Thomas Bryant, what if any possible scholarship loss go into affect 2016, 2017 ex), Got NO POSTSEASON BAN, and got probation.

BuzzKill, Nothing !!!

1st: Weber State Plays in the Big Sky not a power five
2nd: Losing 8 schollies in fball is probably equivalent to loosing 2 in bball from a numbers standpoint.

3 years probation, loss of schollies, 5K fine and no post season bans, for blatant academic fraud involving a faculty member. If you keep your perspective it seems we are very unlikely to see any postseason bans or vacating of games. Limited loss of schollie and possibly probation seem most likely at this point. Also the players and the faculty member admitted these things in Weber State's case. It seemed SU came armed to the hearings to dispute things that were unfounded and the ACC was there to represent us as well.
If Weber State got this kind of penalty, what is the NCAA going to do about North Carolina, with 20 years of documented academic fraud?

If Weber State got this kind of penalty, what is the NCAA going to do about North Carolina, with 20 years of documented academic fraud?

I don't get it. What did Weber State get that was so bad ? They got No Postseason Ban. That's the big one.

Is it the 3 years probation ? I think many people misunderstand what Probation means. Basically means you are being watched like a hawk, and have to regular reports with the NCAA, and you can't have even the mildest slip ups.

Any possible scholarship loss. I and others have suspected would not affect 2015 (So would not hurt our chances of Thomas Bryant, FYI a scholarship still has to open up anyway) would prob go towards 2016, 2017 for example.

If anything, this makes me feel good about our situation.

Last edited:
Well that sucks and for the first time since the get go I'm a bit worried. I know Syracuse is a lot closer to Rochester than Lexington and I know his Mom lives in Rochester so we shall see.

Also of note its an unofficial visit. I'm pretty sure he hasn't taken 5 official visits so if UK is footing the bill it may be because they feel he is an SU lock.

Last edited:
Sounds like he is more or less visiting w friends. If he gets an offer while on his visit then I will feel less confident but he knows where he stands with us. So much for the recent articles saying he is focusing on the 3 of us, Indiana, and Mizzou. Still not understanding why we couldn't seal this deal up this summer. Dont get me wrong, Diagne is a huge piece of this class and very happy he commmitted when he did...but obviously Bryant would be the prize of the class

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom