Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

I like Patterson. Wouldn't have a problem if he sticks around.

But your point was that he is too old to transfer--no he isn't. Given that he probably won't play for pay, taking an extra year to get a higher degree would be a strategic decision that could help set him up professionally for life beyond basketball.
You assume all of his credits would transfer.

You assume all of his credits would transfer.

I don't think it would be a significant issue to worry about. Syracuse is solid academically. I'd be more worried about which courses he's taken then whether they'd transfer.

That's a truism that lacks context.

Age is only relevant when a player has professional potential. Otherwise, they are better off spending as much time at the collegiate level as possible, maximizing opportunities to procure a free MS.
Your presumptions are the problem with your statement.
Does he like school
Does he do well in school
Can he get into grad school
Does he need grad school
Does SU have the grad school he needs
Would he rather work
Does he need to work
Not everyone needs college
Not everyone wants college
Not everyone should be in college

I don't think it would be a significant issue to worry about. Syracuse is solid academically. I'd be more worried about which courses he's taken then whether they'd transfer.
You assume he earned the grades in those classes to transfer.

He can't shoot.
Admittedly his shooting was off or not existing this year but that can be said about too many others as well. Kaleb Joseph. How about Tyler Roberson who contributes on the boards or slams but doesn't seem to have an away game in his mix B J is a streaky 3 and shows little inside the arc.

Your presumptions are the problem with your statement.
Does he like school
Does he do well in school
Can he get into grad school
Does he need grad school
Does SU have the grad school he needs
Would he rather work
Does he need to work
Not everyone needs college
Not everyone wants college
Not everyone should be in college

...says the guy who makes several unsubstantiated presumptions in response.

Student athletes who earn scholarships but don't have professional prospects can capitalize on the opportunity to set themselves up for future success. This isn't a difficult premise--not sure what you are having difficulty comprehending. Sure, Patterson can bail out and not do grad school and drop out for that matter if he would "rather work," as you put it. That probably isn't the best way to optimize his future professional earning potential. He has an opportunity to do that by extracting the most that he can out of his collegiate experience, while he's able to attend college for free.

Last edited:
If Johnson and Patterson both stay that will be 10 scholarship player including Moyer for that year and that is assuming Mccullough leaves that year as well. So basically 2016 will be a 1 person class

I think that if today's scholarship reductions hold up, we can forget about Bryant / Battle, and probably Moyer.
They can make room for Moyer if 1 guy leaves early or transfers. Like if Chris M leaves after next season, that would make room for Moyer with both G and Cooney leaving. But no room beyond that for Battle unless another leaves.

Except for trob g Cooney dc2 cmac the rest should go. They ain't playing squat anyway.that gets us 10 with TB and definite three leaving following year with possibility that dc2 may have a career ending injury.

I haven't seen the penalty forbidding us to sign '15 prospects who havent signed their LOI anywhere else. Dont know where he got that.
We can add anybody that we have an offer out for .

Well Bryant still may come here but at this point it may take Buss and Chino going to Eastern Michigan and BJ heading to a BE or Big5 school. I still doubt Chino would go to make room for Bryant but we have to plan for 10 ships total for 16, 17, 18 so we need to clear players to bring in more unfortunately.

We can add anybody that we have an offer out for .
From what I've seen so far, if we delay the NCAA limits until 2016-1017, we can do whatever we want, up to a self-imposed limit of 12. It could even be a new offer (not that I think they'll go after anyone besides Bryant).

Well Bryant still may come here but at this point it may take Buss and Chino going to Eastern Michigan and BJ heading to a BE or Big5 school. I still doubt Chino would go to make room for Bryant but we have to plan for 10 ships total for 16, 17, 18 so we need to clear players to bring in more unfortunately.

Yep. Let's do whatever it takes.

Oh, I know. He's not even considering that Patterson/Johnson/Joseph/Obokoh/Coleman may move on early. Because I would be willing to bet anything that at least 2 of those names are not on the roster in 2 years.

Oh, I know. He's not even considering that Patterson/Johnson/Joseph/Obokoh/Coleman may move on early. Because I would be willing to bet anything that at least 2 of those names are not on the roster in 2 years.
Seems that JB was planning on bringing in Bryant already knowing that we self imposed a 12 ship limit for next season. That seems to indicate he knows that 2 current players are not coming back.

Seems that JB was planning on bringing in Bryant already knowing that we self imposed a 12 ship limit for next season. That seems to indicate he knows that 2 current players are not coming back.
I believe that falls in line with what Jake had implied a few days ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom