Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

Please don't say that...Last year it was said Marek may not return, but he did. He is probably my favorite player on the entire team. That would be very sad news.
We need him! no doubt about that

Ok no more talk about marek leaving. HE WILL BE HERE! Back to Quincy Ballard lol.

20200411_015833.jpg

Well, that’s the problem. What great big men coaches are out there? What big time assistant coaches? We’ve seen some assistant coaches go to jail. Maybe that why they recruited so well?

Western Kentucky has recruited really good big men that were going to be NBA players when they got there. Not sure there was much development going on.

What great recruiting gurus are out there? Name some. Are you going to fire one of the existing assistant coaches?

The coaches we have are doing a good job improving the play at the center position. Sidibe and Chukwu got better. Jesse Edwards looks like he’s pretty skilled.

We recruited Isaiah Jackson at center, but he picked Kentucky. That’s life.

But just saying go out and get a centers coach (we have one of those) and a recruiting guru is not realistic. Who is going to sell the Syracuse program better than JB?
You're going to get me into trouble on this board, so I will keep it short. WKU recruited, because they have recruiters just like we had with Hopkins. There are potential coaches to be had, you just need to find them.

I never said I could name any, that's not my job. That is someone else's job, and they get paid to do that.

I haven't seen any improvement with the centers other than Sidibe's last 3 games. How do you gage improvement?

Isaah Jackson choosing Kentucky has everything to do with recruiting. He will sit behind 2-3 other 5 star centers, when he could have been a starter at Syracuse. He continues to be overrecruited on even in the grad transfer pool...again this goes with recruiting guru and developing.

3 development centers so close together is strange. If one of the 2 we ready have was truly that bad they would be in the portal by now...
Idk I dont see a issue with it. Bigs develop slow and maybe these kids know they will.have a chance just paying their dues. Maybe they are trying to sell Q or Jesse on redshirting this year? Maybe they see JBA as a 4 down the road like RJ? Who knows...I dont think anything is "amiss" I just think we are finally going after what we need to be more successful. Coaches have a plan! Besides they way the transfer stuff is now a days who knows how long these kids stick around. Gotta recruit like your losing players every year now.

Idk I dont see a issue with it. Bigs develop slow and maybe these kids know they will.have a chance just paying their dues. Maybe they are trying to sell Q or Jesse on redshirting this year? Maybe they see JBA as a 4 down the road like RJ? Who knows...I dont think anything is "amiss" I just think we are finally going after what we need to be more successful. Coaches have a plan! Besides they way the transfer stuff is now a days who knows how long these kids stick around. Gotta recruit like your losing players every year now.
I've never seen it in over 30 years of following the program but maybe...

You're going to get me into trouble on this board, so I will keep it short. WKU recruited, because they have recruiters just like we had with Hopkins. There are potential coaches to be had, you just need to find them.

I never said I could name any, that's not my job. That is someone else's job, and they get paid to do that.

I haven't seen any improvement with the centers other than Sidibe's last 3 games. How do you gage improvement?

Isaah Jackson choosing Kentucky has everything to do with recruiting. He will sit behind 2-3 other 5 star centers, when he could have been a starter at Syracuse. He continues to be overrecruited on even in the grad transfer pool...again this goes with recruiting guru and developing.

You’re wrong. Rick Stansbury at Western Kentucky is absolutely a dirty coach. It’s not his assistants landing players. If you think he’s not paying kids, you don’t know what’s happening.

And again...throwing out “there are coaches to be had” isn’t really an answer. Give some examples. Do you want us to hire Book Richardson? Chuck Person? Townsend from Kansas? Who do you think is coming in and landing big time centers?

Isaiah Jackson picked UK. Do you really think we are going to win battles against them? That’s not realistic. Cmon. No matter who we hire.

Sidibe played really well the last month of the season. You’re not paying attention if you don’t see the improvement. He’s got another year left. Keep in mind he was injured last two years and was a 3 star kid. What are you expecting? NBA level production?

Last edited:
You’re wrong. Rick Stansbury at Western Kentucky is absolutely a dirty coach. It’s not his assistants landing players. If you think he’s not paying kids, you don’t know what’s happening.

And again...throwing out “there are coaches to be had” isn’t really an answer. Give some examples. Do you want us to hire Book Richardson? Chuck Person? Townsend from Kansas? Who do you think is coming in and landing big time centers?

Isaiah Jackson picked UK. Do you really think we are going to win battles against them? That’s not realistic. Cmon. No matter who were hire.

Sidibe played really well the last month of the season. You’re not paying attention if you don’t see the improvement. He’s got another year left. Keep in mind he was injured last two years and was a 3 star kid. What are you expecting? NBA level production?

I never said I was right :) He probably is, because I do not see a school such as WKU recruiting that well. I already told you, I am not a sports recruiter, settle down. What are you drinking btw? Black Cherry White claw here lol.

There are always good coaches to be had...always. There are so many experienced coaches in lower division 1 or even high school, but I wouldn't go as far as saying we should take an Alabama or Kansas assistant, unless they are becoming a head coach...we need to find them just like they do.

UK is well, lol, ok you have a point, but you brought him up first, not me.

I did see Sidibe's improvement, and I said that. I just asked a question on how you gage improvement. Can you at least answer that question?

Minus a grad transfer to UK, Jackson is probably going to start...at UK..soooo
No he won't. He has 2 other 5 stars potentially in front of him. Why do you think they are heading the grad transfer route...Calamari doesn't develop, he only recruits...then he doesn't know what to do. I've looked at their recruiting, and damn, they've recruited 4 pf's, 2 centers and like 2 sf's all 4-5 stars within the last 2 years. Another kid, Terrance Clarke, Syracuse recruit, will compete with a kid rated higher at the same position. It's a joke.

Last edited:
I never said I was right :) He probably is, because I do not see a school such as WKU recruiting that well. I already told you, I am not a sports recruiter, settle down. What are you drinking btw? Black Cherry White claw here lol.

There are always good coaches to be had...always. There are so many experienced coaches in lower division 1 or even high school but I wouldn't go as far as saying we should take an Alabama or Kansas assistant, unless they are becoming a head coach...we need to find them just like they do.

UK is well, lol, ok you have a point, but you brought him up first, not me.

I did see Sidibe's improvement, and I said that. I just asked a question on how you gage improvement. Can you at least answer that question?

I’d say the improved rebounding numbers and improved points per game is a strong indication of improvement. Wouldn’t you? 5 strait double-doubles to end the season?

Those experienced coaches in lower division 1 or even high school are not going to be recruiting gurus at this level. When you hire coaches they have to be able to coach and recruit. What’s wrong with the assistant coaches we have now?

Last edited:
I’d say the improved rebounding numbers and improved points per game is a strong indication of improvement. Wouldn’t you? 5 strait double-doubles to end the season?

When you hire coaches they have to be able to coach and recruit. What’s wrong with the assistant coaches we have now?
Absolutely, and he has improved, but you said jesse too :) I love Jesse, and I think Sidibe has improved. I was just wondering what you use to gage.

Correct on the next item. The issue there is we have not recruited and brought in anyone higher than 3 stars within the last 2 years other than Richmond (hasn't played yet), Carey (didn't pan out), Goodine (didn't play), or Dior (hasn't signed), so I'd say that's an epic failure. As far as development, who has been successful in the NBA other than Melo, Dion and Wes Johnson since Etan Thompson? Fab Melo, Arinze, Christmas, Malachi, etc., just to name a few, should have had successful careers.

Minus a grad transfer to UK, Jackson is probably going to start...at UK..soooo
Man, that one stills stings. Remember watching his announcement at the hotel bar in Durham before the Duke game. At least one thing went our way that night lol

Absolutely, and he has improved, but you said jesse too :) I love Jesse, and I think Sidibe has improved. I was just wondering what you use to gage.

Correct on the next item. The issue there is we have not recruited and brought in anyone higher than 3 stars within the last 2 years other than Richmond (hasn't played yet), Carey (didn't pan out), Goodine (didn't play), or Dior (hasn't signed), so I'd say that's an epic failure. As far as development, who has been successful in the NBA other than Melo, Dion and Wes Johnson since Etan Thompson? Fab Melo, Arinze, Christmas, Malachi, etc., just to name a few, should have had successful careers.

Oshe Brissett and Quincy Guerrier are surely 4 star kids. They played in Canada so not sure they were rated. If Joe Girard is 3 stars that’s ok with me. Same with Buddy. And Marek. What was Eli Hughes ranked. I wouldn’t put too much stock in rankings.

Syracuse is not getting 5 star kids, yet had something like 6 straight years of 1st round nba draft picks. Hakim Warrick and Etan and Jason Hart had good careers. Fab Melo improved at Syracuse and was selected in the first round. Malachi was at Syracuse one year. How is that Boeheim’s fault they didn’t last in the NBA? Same with Chris McCullough who played about 15 games at Cuse. Same with Tyler Lydon. Did you think he was an NBA player when he came in? Onuaku was never an NBA level player. He was a 3 star kid that got better at Syracuse, though. Testament to the staff.

I’m talking player development. Getting better while at Syracuse. Buddy, Eli, Marek and Sidibe all got a lot better from last year.

The assistant coaches we have are doing an excellent job coaching up our players. They are doing their job recruiting as well. Ultimately, Boeheim is the one that has to close them. So if you’re JB, who are you going to hire to come in and coach as well as the guys we have, and find recruits that he needs to close anyway? Hopkins may have done a great job recruiting, but those kids were not playing for him. They were playing for Boeheim and Syracuse.

Last edited:
3 development centers so close together is strange. If one of the 2 we ready have was truly that bad they would be in the portal by now...
Edwards isn’t quite ready. They’re looking for someone to either A) backup Sidibe so Dolezaj can play forward in peace, or B) become part of the committee to replace Sidibe after this season. Stop making this hard.

Today is the day folks. Couldn’t sleep last night, too much anticipation.

Actually, I couldn’t sleep because I was up for hours mindlessly doing a puzzle on my girlfriend’s iPad. I couldn’t tell if it was therapeutic or actually the opposite. I finished it though, leaving the final piece for her because that’s fun right?

What day even is it?

I’m wondering why we weren’t on this guy as soon as he made any news available to him as a prospect! I really hope we get this guy and we definitely should considering he is right in our backyard but ice coming in late I hope I’m wrong might come back to hurt us, will see you tomorrow. What a pick up he will be!!!
He went to some little school in NC. He is not in our backyard.

Dude looks like embiid
Looks like joel embiid. Plays like joel gray.

No. This kid has a huge upside. I'll be disappointed in human nature if he doesn't come here. Why wouldn't he want to play in front of friends and family. Why wouldn't he want to go to his Mom's alma mater. When everyone else in this world is staying close to home due to the pandemic why would he go 2000 miles away. Nothing adds up except Syracuse. Leonard Hamilton hasn't won bupkis. Plus it's his Mom's birthday. Happy Birthday Mom. I'm going to the University of Syracuse.