Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

He looks a lot like embid...if he chooses cuse, I hope he plays like him. I think embid was an unknown out of high school and actually outperformed a 5 star on the Kansas roster?
Embiid was a 5 star and went to Kansas for the same reason as all the other 5 stars.

I’m excited about anything they can get us back to the final four

This can’t do that - solo.
But - he could be a very nice piece for a team that does that - in ‘22.

Given that all but Elite HS Bigs are a crapshoot (and even those sometimes take time to develop), why not have 2 or even 3 experienced upperclassman Bigs to pair w Dior, et al?

Ballard could be one of those guys.
I’d take a Jeremy McNeil type C on my FF team any day of the week, and twice on Saturday & Monday nite. :cool:

I’m saying they aren’t getting 4 and 5 stars anymore...I know we got 4 and 5 stars in the past. Yes, people can argue that brissette and guerrier are 4 stars, but they are only 2. 3 stars like girard and buddy are great, but they clearly are not as skilled as the 4 and 5 stars that we need to be able to Compete. Our results over the last 5-6 years prove my point, as our record coincides with the lack of star power:

We’ve been on probation for 5 years. We are also competing with programs that are paying players. Hopkins left. We are coming out of probation and now have landed a top 5 kid. Things are getting better.

He could get some decent playing time this year if he works hard. Which I believe he will.

He could get some decent playing time this year if he works hard. Which I believe he will.

You never know how a big man will develop, especially when they've physically grown so much in the past couple years like he has. Having said that though (and this is admittedly only going on 2 or 3 games of film), he's a long ways behind Edwards and JBA in terms of his development. If he follows a normal development curve, I don't think he'd be ready to play in Year 2, much less this upcoming year.

But again, you never know. Maybe things will click into place sooner for him than they usually do. His physical tools are certainly something we don't currently have here.

You never know how a big man will develop, especially when they've physically grown so much in the past couple years like he has. Having said that though (and this is admittedly only going on 2 or 3 games of film), he's a long ways behind Edwards and JBA in terms of his development. If he follows a normal development curve, I don't think he'd be ready to play in Year 2, much less this upcoming year.

But again, you never know. Maybe things will click into place sooner for him than they usually do. His physical tools are certainly something we don't currently have here.
His size should get him some PT against ACC teams with big, big men. Could also play goal tender on full court press with his size and 5 fouls to give.

We’ve been on probation for 5 years. We are also competing with programs that are paying players. Hopkins left. We are coming out of probation and now have landed a top 5 kid. Things are getting better.
Exactly. The probation is what set this program back big time. Then couple in Lydon leaving early, Thompson leaving period, and Bazley (remember him?) completely screwing us over. How many programs could absorb that kind of impact on their recruiting and roster balance? Probably 4 or 5. That’s it. SU has done remarkable well considering.

They don’t have very much else to do these days...
True...but that's gotta be cuse! Either way I guess his family and friends will be excited...heck who wouldn't be excited about playing at a high D1 program but to me this screams cuse! LGO!

True...but that's gotta be cuse! Either way I guess his family and friends will be excited...heck who wouldn't be excited about playing at a high D1 program but to me this screams cuse! LGO!

I agree.

IF he chooses the Twerps, let’s hope there’s a “Hak” somewhere out there to this “Julius Hodge”

Or maybe Tapé was Hodge?
C’mon down Hak!!

Nope. He’s Hodge.

Last edited: