Class of 2023 - C William Patterson (NY) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/20/23) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 C William Patterson (NY) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/20/23)

Very quiet here lately. We were looking good after the Elite camp.
I’d rather pass on Patterson and use Adam’s NIL money to attract a top-tier transfer to start at center after Jesse graduates.

2023/24 Syracuse Basketball
24 Quadir Copeland 6-6 So PG PA
3 Judah Mintz 6-3 So G DC
Chris Bell 6-7 So F CA
13 Benny Williams 6-10 Jr F MD
xx Weitsman Transfer Portal 6-10 C

Symir Torrence 6-3 Grad PG NY
Mike Williams 6-3 Fr G MD
Justin Taylor 6-7 So G/F VA
Maliq Brown 6-8 So PF VA
Mounir Hima 6-11 Jr C Africa
Peter Carey 7-0 So C MA

I’d rather pass on Patterson and use Adam’s NIL money to attract a top-tier transfer to start at center after Jesse graduates.

2023/24 Syracuse Basketball
24 Quadir Copeland 6-6 So PG PA
3 Judah Mintz 6-3 So G DC
Chris Bell 6-7 So F CA
13 Benny Williams 6-10 Jr F MD
xx Weitsman Transfer Portal 6-10 C

Symir Torrence 6-3 Grad PG NY
Mike Williams 6-3 Fr G MD
Justin Taylor 6-7 So G/F VA
Maliq Brown 6-8 So PF VA
Mounir Hima 6-11 Jr C Africa
Peter Carey 7-0 So C MA
I don't think a top tier Center transfer would shy away from coming due to Patterson. It seems like a good idea with the zone to bring in a 7 footer every yr to develop.

I don't think a top tier Center transfer would shy away from coming due to Patterson. It seems like a good idea with the zone to bring in a 7 footer every yr to develop.
After unknown recruit Jesse Edwards becomes a 20 and 10 pivot this year, and gets drafted late first round, bringing in a top center transfer to headline the same post/pick and roll offense shouldn't be too hard.

Maybe someday Patterson becomes that guy for us.

Last edited:
After unknown recruit Jesse Edwards becomes a 20 and 10 pivot this year, and gets drafted late first round, bringing in a top center transfer to headline the same post/pick and roll offense shouldn't be too hard.

Maybe someday Patterson becomes that guy for us.
Agreed.

Going to be running through a bunch of these posts to summarize their numbers on Cerebro's database (charts basically all the AAU competitions and tournaments and maybe some rare regular season high school games).

Patterson's numbers across the last two years (across 374 minutes of game action):
  • 35/76 on 2 pointers (46.1%)
  • 0 3 point attempts
  • 13/23 on free throws (56.5%)
  • Per 40 minutes, he averaged 8.9 points, 7.7 rebounds, and 2.2 blocks on a TS% of 48.2%. Also had a total of 1 assist the past two years vs. 19 turnovers.

Going to be running through a bunch of these posts to summarize their numbers on Cerebro's database (charts basically all the AAU competitions and tournaments and maybe some rare regular season high school games).

Patterson's numbers across the last two years (across 374 minutes of game action):
  • 0 3 point attempts
  • Per 40 minutes, he averaged 8.9 points, 7.7 rebounds, and 2.2 blocks on a TS% of 48.2%. Also had a total of 1 assist the past two years vs. 19 turnovers.
Not impressive numbers for sure. But... If the staff is willing to fill the final spot on the roster with a raw 7' prospect that is athletic and may develop into a serviceable rim protector, I'm good with that.

• 0 3 point attempts
That 2 point fg% is rough

Could be a good player down the road. Thought it was funny after he dunked, hung on rim, then fell down upon landing. We are most likely going to needs a transfer C and PG next year unless JM stays.

D96F98ED-5301-4EFF-B56C-802E55C783FC.png

In the case of a Patterson commitment, how would '23 bigs shake out?

Patterson, Hima, Carey - not an inspiring front court of ACC caliber talent, unless you add a transfer.

Patterson, Hima, Carey - not an inspiring front court of ACC caliber talent, unless you add a transfer.
I like Hima a year from now to be more than serviceable. I think Carey is now 2 years out, dependent upon when he can get on the court to train. I would expect his upper body strength to be better. Adams, Brown and Bell up front would give a fine forward trio.

I like Hima a year from now to be more than serviceable. I think Carey is now 2 years out, dependent upon when he can get on the court to train. I would expect his upper body strength to be better. Adams, Brown and Bell up front would give a fine forward trio.

For the program to make a jump next year, a lot would have to go right in that circumstance. Why take the risk when the portal provides proven players?

No way we would carry 4 centers

For the program to make a jump next year, a lot would have to go right in that circumstance. Why take the risk when the portal provides proven players?
Not advocating against it at all. Serviceable should be ascribed to the back up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom