Can we get to 20. | Syracusefan.com

Can we get to 20.

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
We need to win 3 out of 5. Saturday is obviously key, and I know we won't win in Durham, but us picking off one more road game. If we do JB should be ACC COY.

We need to win 3 out of 5. Saturday is obviously key, and I know we won't win in Durham, but us picking off one more road game. If we do JB should be ACC COY.

I'm one of the biggest serial optimists on the board, but I fear that the last game we'll win will be Saturday.

Uphill battle with only five games remaining to get three more--we've left lots of potential wins by the wayside by coming up just short. Proud of this team for battling and holding their own against top 10 caliber teams when so much hasn't gone our way [injuries, depleted depth, etc.].

Ranking the most winnable games, in my estimation, from here on out:

1. Pitt
2. NC State
3. Notre Dame
4. Virginia
5. Duke

And realistically, we COULD beat any of them, but obviously won't sweep them. But 20 wins is looking a lot more doable than I would have guessed a week ago.

I think we can get Pitt and the Irish. I say we get 19

Ranking the most winnable games, in my estimation, from here on out:

1. Pitt
2. NC State
3. Notre Dame
4. Virginia
5. Duke

And realistically, we COULD beat any of them, but obviously won't sweep them. But 20 wins is looking a lot more doable than I would have guessed a week ago.
I kind of agree but would switch Duke and NC State. I think Duke will be over confident against us at Cameron and Xmas will be looking for some pay back. On the other end, NC State will do everything they can to keep us from winning number 20.

I highly doubt we get to 20 but my hope (before the ban) was to get to 19 so we could win two in the ACC tourney which would probably be enough to get into the NCAA with 21 wins and a 10-8 record in conference. Obviously a tournament birth is now gone, but I still believe that we can get to 19 and 10-8; beyond that, I would be ecstatic. Getting to that mark (19 and 10-8) with this team and the ban would be something VERY impressive.

As for the comment about "we won't win in Durham"... we see things differently apparently. I certainly don't expect the win, but at the same time, wouldn't be overly surprised by beating Dook at their home as they did to us. We will come to play and I expect it will be a game within our grasp, so long as Christmas plays better than he did than the last game AND the supporting cast plays more evenly. I don't expect G to put up the same kind of numbers, but we will need more out of the others which is quite possible as they have shown that they can do.

If we were eligible for post season cuse would need 3 more wins including acc tourney to make the tourney.

If we were eligible for post season cuse would need 3 more wins including acc tourney to make the tourney.

Maybe, maybe not. As is the case EVERY year, there is no consistent formula for making the tourney.

The main thing is that I just want to shut people up who are simply dismissing our ban this year by saying "they wouldn't have made the tourney anyway". We win a couple more (against top talent) and there is no way to know because obviously we won't have an opportunity to play in the ACC tourney. Beating Pitt on Saturday is key, for many reasons (mostly because I can't stand them, particularly Dixon).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom