Cause of the February swoon | Syracusefan.com

Cause of the February swoon

longislandcuse

Living Legend
I know it's March 1st but are we seeing the reason for our Feb swoons illuminated in Broadway lights this year?

Need to have more than 7 capable players in the rotation.

Injuries and fatigue are killing us right now.

We need a number of things. Big men who can shoot. Big men who can rebound. Big men who can dribble. A deeper bench. Less dependence on isolation offense and more crisp passing. The list goes on and on.

I know it's March 1st but are we seeing the reason for our Feb swoons illuminated in Broadway lights this year?

We don't need more than 7. We need 7.

With Grant injured, we have 6.

We need a number of things. Big men who can shoot. Big men who can rebound. Big men who can dribble. A deeper bench. Less dependence on isolation offense and more crisp passing. The list goes on and on.
yes. We have had a terrible season. We got nothing.

There's no denying we've suffered from an accumulation of untimely injuries. It's quite obvious the shrinking rotation is under stress due to adaptation. Fact is, with Grant not able to score, we need to hit shots & recently they haven't been going in. This team was paint oriented. That is NOT the case now! We need consistent serviceable shooters to show themselves!

There's no denying we've suffered from an accumulation of untimely injuries. It's quite obvious the shrinking rotation is under stress due to adaptation. Fact is, with Grant not able to score, we need to hit shots & recently they haven't been going in. This team was paint oriented. That is NOT the case now! We need consistent serviceable shooters to show themselves!
Need 3 guys in the line-up at all times who are a real scoring threat. Haven't had that lately.

No, it is execution. Earlier in the season, our offense was deliberate but we rated high on efficiency, and got just enough offense to pull out games. Our offensive execution is the main issue.

Obviously, injuries to Keita and Grant have hurt us down the stretch, as well. But in my mind this is mainly a function of poor execution. And in lieu of a team offensive performance that's clicking, we've resorted to too much one-on-one, which isn't to the strengths of our players.

I couldnt agree more. Not sure if ive ever seen a Cuse squad this spent at this time of the yr. the bench was already too short imo and then the Baye injury and Grant injury made things worse. CJ, Ennis, Grant and Cooney all look shot to me, all four playing NOTHING like how they were playing in dec and jan. Hope we can get our second wind. Go Cuse!

No, it is execution. Earlier in the season, our offense was deliberate but we rated high on efficiency, and got just enough offense to pull out games. Our offensive execution is the main issue.

Obviously, injuries to Keita and Grant have hurt us down the stretch, as well. But in my mind this is mainly a function of poor execution. And in lieu of a team offensive performance that's clicking, we've resorted to too much one-on-one, which isn't to the strengths of our players.
Why the sudden poor execution? They are shot. Ive never seen a Cuse squad grabbing their shorts more than in the maryland game, Grants injury has made things worse. The short bench has caught up w us. No question

Why the sudden poor execution? They are shot. Ive never seen a Cuse squad grabbing their shorts more than in the maryland game, Grants injury has made things worse. The short bench has caught up w us. No question

Because we were keenly balanced earlier in the season. Then, we take Keita out of the mix and that added to the workload of the others. And then Grant, who is one of the top players on the team and another important offensive piece, got injured--hampering not only our scoring, but our interior defense and rebounding.

I don't buy that the short bench "caught up with us." Lots of teams play 7 guys. Few play 6, however. And whether we played more guys or not, the offensive limitations of those bench guys wouldn't help us put points on the board.

Because we were keenly balanced earlier in the season. Then, we take Keita out of the mix and that added to the workload of the others. And then Grant, who is one of the top players on the team and another important offensive piece, got injured--hampering not only our scoring, but our interior defense and rebounding.

I don't buy that the short bench "caught up with us." Lots of teams play 7 guys. Few play 6, however. And whether we played more guys or not, the offensive limitations of those bench guys wouldn't help us put points on the board.
I agree we got 6 guys right now. Yep the short bench caught up w us.

We were a legit top three team in jan. Cant say that now. What changed? A couple injuries combined w a thin bench. It aint rocket science

Why has tylers assist to turnover ratio plummeted the last month? Cjs and Trevors shooting percentage plummeted? Grants back is gone, why is that? They are just worn out. Need Grant healthy and the whole team to get a second wind. Go Cuse

Why has tylers assist to turnover ratio plummeted the last month? Cjs and Trevors shooting percentage plummeted? Grants back is gone, why is that? They are just worn out. Need Grant healthy and the whole team to get a second wind. Go Cuse
Why are they worn out? No bench

Tyler's assists have gone down because we aren't executing our offense as adroitly as we were prior to the last month.

Grant's back is injured because he twisted it against Duke, not because it broke down due to minutes.

C'mon.

I agree 100% with your last sentence--we need Grant back, and we need to ramp up and get our second wind heading into the postseason.

Ding Ding Ding!!! This has happened to many times to be a coincidence. Throw in the late season injuries as well that can be factored into ware and tear. I think it's blatantly obvious. Of course it's blasphemy to question a HOF coach, but the evidence is adding up.

The last 4 games we have had big leads in the 2nd half to BC and Maryland only to see them evaporate, and from the 10 minute mark on today we were just too gassed. If you watched Cooney and Ennis try to play perimeter defense it was abundantly clear. Guys were going by Cooney like he was standing still. I don't fault the kid though you can't expect him to run around like a mad man on offense trying to shake his man, and then play energetic, active defense all over the top of the zone. I just don't understand why we don't try and develop depth in November and December. 5-6 minutes a game isn't going to hurt you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom