CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know all the behind the scenes at this point but I do know they wouldn’t have left the team if not for NIL offers.

I would imagine there is a lot of back and forth at this point weighing options and offers from schools and their NIL partners.

Both stand to make at least 10x what they can make staying here.
You know for certain the only reason they left the team is for NIL $? Interesting

So I agree with this, but again, kind of fascinated by this process.

Is there tampering to the point that they know a deal is out there when they enter the portal?

Or are they making a bet on themselves, and hoping the deal is out there when they enter the portal?

Are agents involved?

Will, or can, we counter? (the royal "we" that makes deals on behalf of SU).

A system with no rules (or no enforced rules that I can see), leaves a lot of questions.
My understanding is there is plenty of “tampering” so much that there is nothing to be done about it. NCAA barely enforced violations when there were hard fast rules against it. Now it’s the Wild West. No one cares and intermediaries reach out via DM’s to make offers and get kids to enter portal.

If anyone was concerned about tampering they would want the athlete to wait some time before signing so idk if that’s the case or these guys are just weighing the full package of offers from OSU and other selector schools. I’m guessing it’s the latter.

Yes. These guys would never have left if the money was the same. This is going to be a big problem for us going forward.
I’m worried about Caleb being next.
what amount of money and from whom? I don’t see them signing with anyone yet

I guess if that was the case, why haven’t they committed already?

Early Signing day is over so those schools know how many spots they have…

It seems like if he had an offer already on the table, both of these kids would have committed already.

Generally with the portal, kids with offers from other schools commit very shortly after they have entered the portal.

I don’t think my theory is non sense especially with Duce
I suppose it’s possible that the new program wants to keep it quiet until after January 18 so current players at the same position aren’t spooked into entering the portal. No idea though

Some of these takes about NIL are basically, blame the worker and forget about all the guys with $ at the top that created the whole system and are the reason this is happening.

I'm torn about this whole thing; all of a sudden bowls don't matter anymore, it's weird when "the business" model (NFL) has more team stability than the college version and it's not even close, and just the turbulent nature of it all. In the past it was really just coaching staff and signing day, now it's almost every day of the year something bad could go wrong.

But, the players didn't create this. There's a lot of people and things at fault for all of this but to blame the ones at the lowest end of the pyramid for all of this happening is a silly take.

This is the most plausible to me

Take two guys who really want to stay but really need the current cash infusion, hoping that their home team can come close so they can have it all.

15 yrs from now I would make it happen myself for these two. Love them both on and off the field.

PS, would much rather have NIL dollars spent here vs keeping Sellers or some other ‘high potential’ recruit
It’s going to become very apparent within the next 2 seasons that keeping proven commodities is much more important than bringing in the shiny HS recruit.

Imagine having made the six figure offers to Tommy D and a couple other familiar 4 star names.

Good kids but we gotta find the dogs and keep them with the pack.

what amount of money and from whom? I don’t see them signing with anyone yet
My understanding is these kids can get 6 figures in NIL from other schools. Idk if Cuse offers even break 5 figures. We’ll have to wait and see where they land but I don’t know if we necessarily will hear about the NIL money deals.

I’m not sure how regulated they are but it’s now legal for boosters to drop a bag on a kid.

The NIL & Portal combo is brutal for schools like SU.

It’s going to become very apparent within the next 2 seasons that keeping proven commodities is much more important than bringing in the shiny HS recruit.

Imagine having made the six figure offers to Tommy D and a couple other familiar 4 star names.

Good kids but we gotta find the dogs and keep them with the pack.
Agreed. Anyone who has hired at a decent sized corporation understands the value of the known producer vs the shiny resume

Literally millions of dollars (may be billions by now) have been spent studying this by the smartest most well resourced companies in the world.

One investment id like to see is further money towards strength and conditioning facilities and staff.

I know I know, it is being addressed.

Feeding them and beefing them up goes a long way to building a team culture and keeping athletes content.

My understanding is these kids can get 6 figures in NIL from other schools. Idk if Cuse offers even break 5 figures. We’ll have to wait and see where they land but I don’t know if we necessarily will hear about the NIL money deals.

I’m not sure how regulated they are but it’s now legal for boosters to drop a bag on a kid.

The NIL & Portal combo is brutal for schools like SU.

Cuse non revenue people are in five figures, assume football is far better (but not mega-school stuff)

Where do you get that number from?
Yeah, imo people here would be very surprised what Syracuse can offer and match.

NIL is still developing at Cuse. The collectives have to use much more tact in their allocation of opportunities. Its getting better but it takes effort/participation.

Where do you get that number from?
Can’t say where I got that number from but I have on very good authority that’s what these kids expect to get.
Maybe they don’t get the money they think they will but I’m pretty sure the big boys will gladly pay 6 figures for a starting DB these days.

Can’t say where I got that number from but I have on very good authority that’s what these kids expect to get.
Maybe they don’t get the money they think they will but I’m pretty sure the big boys will gladly pay 6 figures for a starting DB these days.

I was commenting on the 10x.

Yeah, imo people here would be very surprised what Syracuse can offer and match.

NIL is still developing at Cuse. The collectives have to use much more tact in their allocation of opportunities. Its getting better but it takes effort/participation.
I would love this to be true but I haven’t heard of any SUFB players getting real NIL money

What do you think we are offering our top players in NIL? and who is it coming from?

I agree we need to get creative and build a collective. I’ve been trying to figure how how to do it lol

Also to build on this, be wary of any total dollar amount that is leaked or announced.

These agreements can be like NFL contracts where they announce the top end value of them if all thresholds are met, but in reality there is a fraction of it guaranteed.

We can’t compete with the big boys, who we never were anyway, but we should be able to play in the middle tier.

I can’t seem to find anything on how much all these players are getting.Where do we go to get this info?

Yes these kids expect to get 10x what they can get here - possibly more.

It’s a real problem. We need to figure out how to compete.

Yes these kids expect to get 10x what they can get here - possibly more.

It’s a real problem. We need to figure out how to compete.

Well this year 12 football players got NIL here and I’m sure some did very well seeing as how we didn’t lose a single star like Tucker and Jones who other teams came after.

Also to build on this, be wary of any total dollar amount that is leaked or announced.

These agreements can be like NFL contracts where they announce the top end value of them if all thresholds are met, but in reality there is a fraction of it guaranteed.

That would be true for all schools not just SU.

This may have been covered elsewhere, and I asked this in another thread, but I am wondering with NIL and portal action in full swing, what do commitments look like back and forth? I know there are back channels where information flows through coaches, family, etc., but are any of the overtures or promises documented? Do I as a player get a term sheet or a letter of intent from ACME on my NIL deal before I leave where I am for greener pastures? Do they say enter the portal and when you enroll at your new school your deal will be ready to go. Do winks, promises and weak handshakes abound here? Seems like the ground is shaky all around this stuff, no ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom