CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love this to be true but I haven’t heard of any SUFB players getting real NIL money

What do you think we are offering our top players in NIL? and who is it coming from?

I agree we need to get creative and build a collective. I’ve been trying to figure how how to do it lol

I only know of deals for players on O. Not to say that our defense isnt collecting substantial amounts but the O is just where I have info.

Players are being taken care of, competitively. Itll grow in time.

I only know of deals for players on O. Not to say that our defense isnt collecting substantial amounts but the O is just where I have info.

Could be that’s why we haven’t seen any marquee Offensive players portal out

Could be that’s why we haven’t seen any marquee Offensive players portal out
I know for certain about two specific players where thats true.

If you guys want to look at a guy who put NIL aside and just handled business at SU despite outside offers, look at Sean Tucker.

I was mad Allen didnt get more run for Cuse while Tucker was clearly worn out, but Sean stayed Orange through and through and didnt entertain the outside buzz.

Im fully confident Duce and Jahad already have offers on the table.

My guess is Jahad goes to Texas and Duce goes to either FSU, Auburn or MSU.
I would hope they both have the decency to go out of conference and not want to try and help beat their former friends.

I also can’t wrap my head around a safety getting some huge NIL deal. Same goes for Duce to be honest. Maybe like a $30-50k deal tops. Unless I am totally ignorant to what’s going on it just seems like playmaker positions, OT’s, and some elite defenders getting those big like changing NIL deals.

I would hope they both have the decency to go out of conference and not want to try and help beat their former friends.

I also can’t wrap my head around a safety getting some huge NIL deal. Same goes for Duce to be honest. Maybe like a $30-50k deal tops. Unless I am totally ignorant to what’s going on it just seems like playmaker positions, OT’s, and some elite defenders getting those big like changing NIL deals.
Talk of 6 figure deals for either is crazy.

I know for certain about two specific players where thats true.

If you guys want to look at a guy who put NIL aside and just handled business at SU despite outside offers, look at Sean Tucker.

I was mad Allen didnt get more run for Cuse while Tucker was clearly worn out, but Sean stayed Orange through and through and didnt entertain the outside buzz.
He didn’t put NIL aside at SU. He made out very well. He might have done better elsewhere, but he did not just stay for the fun of it.

He didn’t put NIL aside at SU. He made out very well. He might have done better elsewhere, but he did not just stay for the fun of it.
He said no to multiple “bigger” cuse related nil deals that I know of and could have made considerably more. Nil was not his main motivator being my point.

Re-watch the two playoff games that happened and that will answer why schools will be spending premium for safety and CB. There are very few Mike Sainristils out there and he’s a converted WR.

This may have been covered elsewhere, and I asked this in another thread, but I am wondering with NIL and portal action in full swing, what do commitments look like back and forth? I know there are back channels where information flows through coaches, family, etc., but are any of the overtures or promises documented? Do I as a player get a term sheet or a letter of intent from ACME on my NIL deal before I leave where I am for greener pastures? Do they say enter the portal and when you enroll at your new school your deal will be ready to go. Do winks, promises and weak handshakes abound here? Seems like the ground is shaky all around this stuff, no ?
only the payside knows

Didn’t realize they could still play. Although if I was the coach, why would I waste meaningful experience on a kid who wants out v a young kid who needs it?
They've already benefited from the extra practices. Getting a few snaps in the game won't mean that much. A coach would rather win the game since that does more to raise the profile of the program which positively influences recruiting.

If he goes to FSU, I hope Ed Hendrix finds a way to run into him during warm ups.
What ever happened to Ed?? I saw Cam Jordan at my gym a bit last summer but forgot about Ed

Is it tampering when a school talks to a coach under contract? I don't like it but I don't see why it would be tampering for athletes but not coaches.
Isn't it looked down upon if you don't get permission from their current school first? There's no official rules, but it may leave a bad taste and burn a few bridges.

Isn't it looked down upon if you don't get permission from their current school first? There's no official rules, but it may leave a bad taste and burn a few bridges.
Yes I believe at least "unofficial" protocol is to ask the AD for permission first.

What ever happened to Ed?? I saw Cam Jordan at my gym a bit last summer but forgot about Ed
I have no idea. I think people wanted to forget him after he didn't live up to the promise some had for him early on and then ended the SU career of our most exciting player at the time.

He said no to multiple “bigger” cuse related nil deals that I know of and could have made considerably more. Nil was not his main motivator being my point.
So he wants to play for a championship. There are a handful of schools that have a shot out of the 100+ at the FBS level. I mean, what are we doing here?

Thanks
I don’t thing anyone knows much anything. They’re making it up as they go along. Everybody knows Joe Booster can’t walk out onto the field with a brown paper bag of $50 bills - and frankly, I could see some schools actually doing that. But short of that, it’s just “Well, let’s just do it and see what happens when rules finally get out in place. If ever.”

That’s good to hear.

I don’t thing anyone knows much anything. They’re making it up as they go along. Everybody knows Joe Booster can’t walk out onto the field with a brown paper bag of $50 bills - and frankly, I could see some schools actually doing that. But short of that, it’s just “Well, let’s just do it and see what happens when rules finally get out in place. If ever.”
Didn't that happen at LSU when Burrow was there, right after they won the title? Guy started handing out cash to players on the field / locker room

Status
Not open for further replies.