CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never tell a fan that they are wrong when it comes to these situations. I just give perspectives from both sides. You are entiled to be mad. I myself dont take it personal when a player doesnt want to play for the team I root for anymore. As fans we dont know what they are thinking and why they are making these decisions. That's why we get annoyed and speculate.
IMO, he is looking to transfer and doesn’t want to risk getting hurt. He also has to decide early to get recruited and enrolled at his new schools.
If he got hurt before getting on the new scholarship, the offer might be pulled.

Re-watch the two playoff games that happened and that will answer why schools will be spending premium for safety and CB. There are very few Mike Sainristils out there and he’s a converted WR.
Yeah, the defensive play was very poor all around, especially tOSU’s defensive backfield

I would love this to be true but I haven’t heard of any SUFB players getting real NIL money

What do you think we are offering our top players in NIL? and who is it coming from?

I agree we need to get creative and build a collective. I’ve been trying to figure how how to do it lol
Its being done

Isn't it looked down upon if you don't get permission from their current school first? There's no official rules, but it may leave a bad taste and burn a few bridges.

In theory but I'm sure contact is done through "back" channels or even directly in both cases.

In theory but I'm sure contact is done through "back" channels or even directly in both cases.
I would think you have to be careful with that unless you're an elite guy. If you tick off ADs word gets out and you risk getting a rep and blacklisted.

Sudad made a comment we could see a return of a portal player. We know SUdad has mad contacts, mad I say. Might the Duce be coming back? For what it's worth it still says Syracuse player on his Twitter. Maybe nothing....maybe something. Hmmmm.

1B518E16-3473-4172-8E19-29CD39D0E5C4.gif

If he comes back I'll be happy. But at the same time, I'll be upset seeing as how he didn't play in the bowl game. To not play in the bowl game and then return to the team - I have to wonder if that would create any sort of divide in the locker room.

I'm sure they would welcome him back with open arms. These guys respect each other's rights and decisions to do what's best for themselves.
That's how I feel for that same reasoning. Now if he were to portal again after next season, that might be a different discussion - at least with regards to Dino and the coaching staff.

I would think you have to be careful with that unless you're an elite guy. If you tick off ADs word gets out and you risk getting a rep and blacklisted.

Very true but if the player needs $ maybe this is his only way to do so. Coaches in almost all cases already make a decent living.

Coaches in almost all cases already make a decent living.

What do Graduate Assistants, Analysts and Quality Control guys make?

In 2022 Syracuse had 4 graduate assistants, 3 quality control coaches and 3 analysts. This doesn't include the strength and conditioning coaches (5) or the folks in the recruiting office (5).

That's how I feel for that same reasoning. Now if he were to portal again after next season, that might be a different discussion - at least with regards to Dino and the coaching staff.
If he portals again after next season, it's going to be to the NFL.

So with Ja’Had off to Ohio State. All eyes are on Duce.

Wonder if it’s possible he returns
Gotta imagine the same three big names that tried to flip him are in his ear again. Think it was lsu, miami and…michigan? Cant remember

Sudad made a comment we could see a return of a portal player. We know SUdad has mad contacts, mad I say. Might the Duce be coming back? For what it's worth it still says Syracuse player on his Twitter. Maybe nothing...maybe something. Hmmmm.

View attachment 223861
It still says SU on Carter’s as well, so I wouldn’t put too much stock in that.

Gotta imagine the same three big names that tried to flip him are in his ear again. Think it was lsu, miami and…michigan? Cant remember

Lsu, Miami and Ohio st. But those were schools that showed interest in him out of school from that article about best portal players available.

Status
Not open for further replies.