CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
46CAB873-C73C-4F3D-9C23-44A6A1E293CA.png

From Clark’s IG at noon today

The thing is that nobody knows that at this point, except for those in his circle, and its just speculation on this board at this time.

Sure, its highly likely that money may be involved but his Coach just left for the same thing.

Ultimately, a loss for Cuse but probably a gain for him and his family. Take it while you can. He's not a sure fire NFL talent at this point so it may not be available later.
Not hard to think it is a combination of things, but a reliable poster said teams tried to get him last year, not a stretch to think NIL is involved. Probably couple that with White departing.

What’s this all about??

Josh is punching the air in celebration. He’s very excited about this. He knows Duce has worked his ass off for this and he’s excited that he’s getting a better opportunity.

has he been practicing with the team for the Bowl and now just stops?

I don't. I hope he struggles on the football field and doesn't get drafted. Just being honest. He quit on us, I didn't quit on him. I can never truly quit SU football because I'm so emotionally tied to it. I'm struggling because they changed, I didn't change.
So, will your parent be on hand for your 3rd grade moving up ceremony in June.

Clark seemed pretty surprised / upset about it.

I think Josh still supports the program, but he supports the kids getting theirs too

I'm just picking up the thread here and haven't read in its entirety but other teams tried to poach Duce as a high school SYR commit and he stayed true and loyal. I remember his quotes about being solid with his choice of SYR. So, this is extremely disappointing that after 2 years he decides to move on.

How do we know why he left? Because someone on a message board said so? There are a lot of reasons kids change schools.
And less than two hours after we get the Gould commit no less. Hard to believe the two are not connected.

Yeah I am with you on that. My thinking is split the Weitzmen dollars like a pie. Do you throw a guy like Duce 100k? $300k for a top flight Center? Obviously schools like USC and Bama are not our benchmarks. Whats the right scale? You almost need the equivalent of the Jimmy Johnson trade value table. We need a Nil value table .
If any of that money is used towards retaining talent, you give it to the players who outperform.

Id distribute that money to other current players.

This is why I have a tough time crucifying our coaches at a drop of a hat, and call for their heads all the time. If people can’t see that we are different than the tier we are trying to (consistent contender) get to I don’t know what to say to them. This doesn’t mean I don’t think coaches shouldn’t be held accountable, but expectations need to be realistic. Cuse is going to turn into a AAA team for some of the larger players that can put more money in a kid’s pockets. While it stings, I can’t blame them on bit. On to the next man up.

Having seen his reaction to White leaving, it kind of seems like he was shocked that the guy he was loyal to last year, up and left. Therefore, now he doesn’t feels the loyalty to stay and feel free to chase the money.

The Ohana pitch falls apart when coaches leave sometimes.

Is Gould practicing with us going forward and is he eligible to play in our bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.