Class of 2017 - CB Ifeatu Melifonwu (MA) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 CB Ifeatu Melifonwu (MA) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Hope the staff had some other DB's they stayed in contact with

Thats pretty late in the ballgame.
It's pretty much the norm that programs set their OVs for the last 3 weeks of January. Kids can't take an OV, at least until the new rules kick in, until after their senior year of school begins. With football season and bowls January is usually the time they set these visits.

It's pretty much the norm that programs set their OVs for the last 3 weeks of January. Kids can't take an OV, at least until the new rules kick in, until after their senior year of school begins. With football season and bowls January is usually the time they set these visits.

I don't think it's normal at all. Syracuse used to have the bulk of their visits in December specifically the football Baunquet weekend, and during bowl practices. Lots of schools do this. Then the January visits were largely kids they were still trying to land.

If kids are taking 5 visit then visits have to happen before Jan. Typically 2 in December 3 in January.

Schools are also allotted like 50-55 paid trips and schools that spend money use them.

Anyhow, I don't think there's a norm, I think it depends on a staff's philosophy and this staff seems to want the last visits.

I don't think it's normal at all. Syracuse used to have the bulk of their visits in December specifically the football Baunquet weekend, and during bowl practices. Lots of schools do this. Then the January visits were largely kids they were still trying to land.

If kids are taking 5 visit then visits have to happen before Jan. Typically 2 in December 3 in January.

Schools are also allotted like 50-55 paid trips and schools that spend money use them.

Anyhow, I don't think there's a norm, I think it depends on a staff's philosophy and this staff seems to want the last visits.
It's not just this staff. Shafer had OVs in January also. And reading Social Media there are a lot of other schools having their Official Visit weekends this month. So it isn't abnormal to have OVs in January. But it won't matter when the new rules start and kids can take OVs in the Spring before their Senior year.

It's not just this staff. Shafer had OVs in January also. And reading Social Media there are a lot of other schools having their Official Visit weekends this month. So it isn't abnormal to have OVs in January. But it won't matter when the new rules start and kids can take OVs in the Spring before their Senior year.

Yes they have OVs in January. Historically, the majority are Dec and Jan.

Sadly I keep waiting to see this thread title say decommitted. I assume harbuagh had an in home with him tonight.

This kid plays basketball as well, which really limits when he can visit.

Sadly I keep waiting to see this thread title say decommitted. I assume harbuagh had an in home with him tonight.
harbaugh is probably in sweats, sleeping on his couch as we discuss this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom