CBS is writing our team off, no tournament | Syracusefan.com

CBS is writing our team off, no tournament

Taking off the orange glasses, i have 2 concerns; Sidibie's knees, and point guard play. If I had to guess I'd say another bubble team.

According to the article, the Orange are going to have trouble scoring, but I don't think so. I'm more concerned with the defense. It's hard for a bunch of freshmen to learn JB's 2-3 zone. It takes time, and they're going to make a lot of mistakes. On the other hand, I think this bunch will find ways to score.

UVA game is huge for perception. We'll have an uphill battle if we lose and be looked at as a bubble team on the outside.

Iowa is a very very tough game and being at home we won't get a ton of credit for a win like we did last year taking down Ohio St when they were undefeated and we looked awful. The games in Brookyln don't move the needle.

Don't think we suck this year but I kind of feel like most of the year we'll be viewed as an 'outsider' but at least the ACC should be easier and there are no automatic losses.

UVA game is huge for perception. We'll have an uphill battle if we lose and be looked at as a bubble team on the outside.

Iowa is a very very tough game and being at home we won't get a ton of credit for a win like we did last year taking down Ohio St when they were undefeated and we looked awful. The games in Brookyln don't move the needle.

Don't think we suck this year but I kind of feel like most of the year we'll be viewed as an 'outsider' but at least the ACC should be easier and there are no automatic losses.
People will look at us as a bubble team if we don't beat a consensus top 10 team and the reigning national champions on the first day of the season? We'd be looked at as a bubble team if we opened with a 20 point win over Colgate so there's not really a difference.

I don't think that game changes perception at all unless we win, and then we would have (possibly unrealistic) expectations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom