CDRW | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

CDRW

Anae did not throw the ball two feet over wrs heads, he did not drop passes and he did not hold the ball to long.
An OC can only work with the pieces he has. He did good the first six games. GS and the injuries has greatly affected the team.
Couple that with zero te production other than penalties it limits the offense.
People are harping on the lack of carries. Tucker is hurt. When he gets the ball he is not getting many yards. Now some of that is Oline some is him being injured. We are passing more because teams are keying on the run.
The passing game has only been a problem once GS got hurt. Imagine if the wrs did not have so many drops.
I know everyone is down because of the last three games but we are 6-3 with 3 games to go. We are going to a bowl for first time in 4 years. Those 15 extra practices will only make the team stronger next year.
If people said at the beginning of the season we would be 7-5 most fans would have had a big smile on their face.
A lot of the success goes to the new staff.
Amen

We need to get the run game going despite who's playing QB. Running the ball efficiently will open up the play action and passing game and give whoever is under center time.

Until we are PL34SED with our running game I'm not sure it will matter who's slinging the rock. And this is not a slam on Sean Tucker its more about the inefficiency of getting the ground game going.

We need to get the run game going despite who's playing QB. Running the ball efficiently will open up the play action and passing game and give whoever is under center time.

Until we are PL34SED with our running game I'm not sure it will matter who's slinging the rock. And this is not a slam on Sean Tucker its more about the inefficiency of getting the ground game going.
It's a slam on whoever decided that our best option at RB is an injured dude who avoids contact and won't fight for yardage.

It's a slam on whoever decided that our best option at RB is an injured dude who avoids contact and won't fight for yardage.
What’s Dino’s quote? Something about faith? Shouldn’t he have faith in his backup RB’s to help relieve Tuck? Other teams trust their 2nd and 3rd against SU. Fresh legs may help get a first down once in a while

Not great but it is 7th in the ACC in run blocking. Middle of the pack and grades out as average.

That is not saying much this year. Nationally vs FBS teams we are tied for 100th in YPC. Given Shrader and Tucker that is pathetic. But at the same time we are 8th in the ACC. So if you limit it to a comparison of a bunch of bad running teams, we don't look so bad. In the end output matters most, not grades.

That is not saying much this year. Nationally vs FBS teams we are tied for 100th in YPC. Given Shrader and Tucker that is pathetic. But at the same time we are 8th in the ACC. So if you limit it to a comparison of a bunch of bad running teams, we don't look so bad. In the end output matters most, not grades.

Huh?

Crazy eyes
F8F57D15-2707-42DD-A3B5-C5B93EE8A59B.jpeg

The thing that gets me and Anae/Dino have yet to explain is...
why with mobile QBs we haven't moved the pocket(rollout passing)/run the occasional bootleg.
Opposing Ds know where our QB is going to be in passing situations and stunt/blitz
accordingly...

My best guess why CDRW throws the ball so hard is after watching countless drops, he's trying to get the ball stuck in their facemask.

He'll be fine, the OL has to step up and do their job first and lets see what happens from there.

If our OL has a similar performance to last week, I must inquire, Wilson, can you still have fun?
Nice

They should get this song going when he takes the field much like the Seahawks use to do for Russ before he became a total D bag. i Know I know the kids won't care but gotta be a few phish fans out there that would

WILSON!

Last edited:
The thing that gets me and Anae/Dino have yet to explain is...
why with mobile QBs we haven't moved the pocket(rollout passing)/run the occasional bootleg.
Opposing Ds know where our QB is going to be in passing situations and stunt/blitz
accordingly...
I have asked him this on his show in the past and he replied that it cuts off half the field.

When CDRW gets the win this week it’ll put all this other nonsense to bed.

He’s a 100 times better thrower than Schrader and runs just as well maybe even better, spreads the ball around, seems to view the field better, has a better feel in the pocket and if he can raise the mental piece of the equation it’s onward and upward. Let’s go
Does not run better than GS. NO WAY NO HOW

He’s pretty bad and the system or whatever you want to call it is even worse. Beck has been awful. I don’t care how you put it. These offensive geniuses between him and Babers and they have 44 points in 5 games? Cmon now

He’s pretty bad and the system or whatever you want to call it is even worse. Beck has been awful. I don’t care how you put it. These offensive geniuses between him and Babers and they have 44 points in 5 games? Cmon now
Nahh beck is a future HC! And he has a hot wife

/s (not the second part)

I made the terrible mistake calling for Devito over Dungey after the crazy UNC game. That was a far better performance than what we saw from CDRW. He was 11-22 w/ 1TD 1 INT. Certainly great game in a pinch and in that situation, with his fresh legs, he certainly looked fine, but over the long haul of a 12 game season I have serious doubts he is accurate enough, or his decision making is where it needs to be. Also, once defenses are able to game plan for him I just don’t think he is a better option than Shrader.

Garrett played the 1st half without his best attribute, his running ability. It was clear he was playing injured and couldn’t scramble as usual. When he is healthy I feel he is the far better player all around. Unless he can’t scramble, Shrader should be our QB the next 2 seasons. Either way the kid has 1
bad game and people already looking for the backup smh
Not happy about it but i’m going to go ahead and take my victory lap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom