CDRW | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

CDRW

It has been some time since I remember a QB missing so many open receivers. I don't just mean seeing them but also missing them. If the 2nd half of the ND game was a C grade thisd was an F.

Now, playing behind this OLine is no fun so I have to try and mark him on a curve, After all, Tommy is playing behind a real OLine and doing a great job in the B!G.

I guess the best thing is to just forget about this game and CDRW and hope LaNorris Sellers or Justin Lamson is the real deal.
Sellers just got offered by S Carolina. That could get sweaty.

I think Lamson will be the man after Shrader

It has been some time since I remember a QB missing so many open receivers. I don't just mean seeing them but also missing them. If the 2nd half of the ND game was a C grade thisd was an F.

Now, playing behind this OLine is no fun so I have to try and mark him on a curve, After all, Tommy is playing behind a real OLine and doing a great job in the B!G.

I guess the best thing is to just forget about this game and CDRW and hope LaNorris Sellers or Justin Lamson is the real deal.
I don't agree with your last comment. Phat thought in less than a game Del Rio was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Crusty you think after a game he should be thrown on the trash heap? Guys players are not made or lost in just 1 game. It's bizarre the extremes in perspective and its bizarre to make such judgments (good or bad)over a very limited sample. Del Rio has potential. He is not close to where GS is today but he certainly has the potential to be better in time. Playing Pitt in your first start is a tough situation. It was a learning experience for Del Rio. No need to rush a decision either good or bad on the young guy.

I don’t understand all the CDRW hate. He is literally our third string QB. When did he get on campus, like 4 months ago? We should have been able to just hand off to Tucker for 150 yards if we could block

It’s not hate. It’s more a counter reaction to all the fans who went crazy after he played a half and zinged the ball a few times. GS is significantly better at this point and dans calling for the backup were badly misinformed. There is Much
More to being an Effective QB than having a strong arm.

Cuse

Worst performance by an SU QB in a long time. Totally inept performance and decision-making. I know the line didn't help but the line didn't overthrow wide open receivers all day as DRW did. Hopefully Schrader returns healthy next week.
Worst debut since Joe Fields?

I don't agree with your last comment. Phat thought in less than a game Del Rio was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Crusty you think after a game he should be thrown on the trash heap? Guys players are not made or lost in just 1 game. It's bizarre the extremes in perspective and its bizarre to make such judgments (good or bad)over a very limited sample. Del Rio has potential. He is not close to where GS is today but he certainly has the potential to be better in time. Playing Pitt in your first start is a tough situation. It was a learning experience for Del Rio. No need to rush a decision either good or bad on the young guy.
Unfortunately, we may see his learning curve up close in the next 3 games if Shrader can't go. Learning as a starting QB in the ACC can be very costly for the team with those as inexperienced as CDRW. The whole offense has collapsed since GS got injured- same as last year. We simply can't afford to have a very raw CDRW learn in live games.

We need a much more experienced backup and we don't have one. I hate the thought of getting beat when the D holds opponents to less than 20 points.

The box score was nothing less than embarrassing. I don't think even AJ long had such a bad numbers.

Unfortunately, we may see his learning curve up close in the next 3 games if Shrader can't go. Learning as a starting QB in the ACC can be very costly for the team with those as inexperienced as CDRW. The whole offense has collapsed since GS got injured- same as last year. We simply can't afford to have a very raw CDRW learn in live games.

We need a much more experienced backup and we don't have one. I hate the thought of getting beat when the D holds opponents to less than 20 points.

The box score was nothing less than embarrassing. I don't think even AJ long had such a bad numbers.

I didn't see him getting time in the pocket and missing open WRs at all. Not sure what people are seeing. We've seen Garrett have hours to decide what hes going to do but nothing like that happened yesterday.

He didn't make any awful decisions and the throws he missed (and he missed them they weren't close) weren't that easy.

I don't think Shrader we saw vs ND does much better. Team does seem to play better under Shrader though OL was better some of our WRs like Gadsden looked awful yesterday with a different QB. Adams and Alford seem to be CDRW guys.

I don’t think it’s hate, it’s more disappointment. There was much excitement building this week to see what he could do and it just wasn’t there.

But that’s posters fault and not his. As BrooklynCuse said, guy just showed up. He could have had an amazing day or terrible day, nothing would have been surprising. He actually wasn’t that bad overall given nobody else on the field or sidelines did him any favors.

I am very impressed with our backup, he just needs to get the game to slow down in his mind. Experience should help with that.

Yes, the o-line did not play its' best game. I give credit to Pitt D also although it pains me to do so

Shrader couldn’t even move. CDRW was much better option. He played bad but let’s not pretend shrader on a peg Leg would be better.

Shrader couldn’t even move. CDRW was much better option. He played bad but let’s not pretend shrader on a peg Leg would be better.
I got mad edit skillz...
View attachment 221968
Shrader.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
100%. Anae is not putting his guys in a place where they have a chance to be successful. He has done a crap job the last 3 games with the play calling.

And I keep beating this drum but he is really hazing the D with the pass heavy O that fails to do anything in terms of time of possession. And even still they keep creating turnovers game after game and getting him the ball back.
Anae did not throw the ball two feet over wrs heads, he did not drop passes and he did not hold the ball to long.
An OC can only work with the pieces he has. He did good the first six games. GS and the injuries has greatly affected the team.
Couple that with zero te production other than penalties it limits the offense.
People are harping on the lack of carries. Tucker is hurt. When he gets the ball he is not getting many yards. Now some of that is Oline some is him being injured. We are passing more because teams are keying on the run.
The passing game has only been a problem once GS got hurt. Imagine if the wrs did not have so many drops.
I know everyone is down because of the last three games but we are 6-3 with 3 games to go. We are going to a bowl for first time in 4 years. Those 15 extra practices will only make the team stronger next year.
If people said at the beginning of the season we would be 7-5 most fans would have had a big smile on their face.
A lot of the success goes to the new staff.

Anae did not throw the ball two feet over wrs heads, he did not drop passes and he did not hold the ball to long.
An OC can only work with the pieces he has. He did good the first six games. GS and the injuries has greatly affected the team.
Couple that with zero te production other than penalties it limits the offense.
People are harping on the lack of carries. Tucker is hurt. When he gets the ball he is not getting many yards. Now some of that is Oline some is him being injured. We are passing more because teams are keying on the run.
The passing game has only been a problem once GS got hurt. Imagine if the wrs did not have so many drops.
I know everyone is down because of the last three games but we are 6-3 with 3 games to go. We are going to a bowl for first time in 4 years. Those 15 extra practices will only make the team stronger next year.
If people said at the beginning of the season we would be 7-5 most fans would have had a big smile on their face.
A lot of the success goes to the new staff.

Honestly, it's almost entirely on the offensive line, which the new staff is responsible for. People can say Tucker is hurt but he has nowhere to run. The run blocking has been atrocious basically the entire season. We are ranked 113th in the country in sacks allowed. We're 122nd in the country in penalties per game, and a lot of those issues have revolved around the offensive line (false starts, holding, etc.), not to mention what feels like a record number of illegal formation penalties. 75th in the country in third down conversion percentage. None of that is great.

Honestly, it's almost entirely on the offensive line, which the new staff is responsible for. People can say Tucker is hurt but he has nowhere to run. The run blocking has been atrocious basically the entire season. We are ranked 113th in the country in sacks allowed. We're 122nd in the country in penalties per game, and a lot of those issues have revolved around the offensive line (false starts, holding, etc.), not to mention what feels like a record number of illegal formation penalties. 75th in the country in third down conversion percentage. None of that is great.
yes indeed. Tucker is definitely injured and has been almost all season, but with solid OL play he wouldn't have 19 yards or whatever it was against Pitt. The veteran line, an alleged strength before the season started, has greatly underachieved, it's really disappointing to say the least

Not great but it is 7th in the ACC in run blocking. Middle of the pack and grades out as average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom