CDRW | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

CDRW

DCCA673D-6948-4682-A0A6-8242B2EDAD09.jpeg
The typos continue

It would actually be 15-22, making it all the more impressive. He had a couple really bad throws, but overall I think he's a better passer than Shrader. And in due time (not long either), I think he'll be quite a bit better all around.
Whoops...I added 4 attempts incorrectly. Good catch

Isn’t the dash in between Rio - Wilson though?
Nah, this actually falls under my powers as self-appointed arbiter of nicknaming.

The placement of the hyphen makes the CD-RW nickname possible, which I have gavel'd, thus it is now not only how his name should be recognized by fans and the media going forward, but also his new government name is now Carlos Del-Rio Wilson.

It's pretty absurd how far these self-appointed arbitration powers extend. The constitution says nothing about them though, so here we are.

Carlos has the best arm we have had at QB in a very long time. He can make every throw on the field. Hes elusive and is fast.
Given time he will be our best QB.
Shrader isnt a pure passer like Carlos. He doesnt have the arm strength or quick release that Carlos has. Beck has turned into Shrader into a good QB but Shraders gift is his pocket awareness, his running abilities, and his leadership skills.
Carlos has more pure talent, Shrader has the intangibles that you cant teach.
They are both excellent. Different for sure and i expect Dr. Bob to call a different game with Carlos at the helm.
When you add Lamson and Sellers to the list this has to be the best QB room SU has had in a very long time.
Looking forward to seeing what Carlos can do on Saturday and to hopefully getting a healthy Shrader back soon.
The QB position looks to be in excellent shape for the future.

11-22 for 190. The 4 drops I’m figuring would have been another 65-70 yards ( the one to Hatcher was 35-40 yards). 15-26 for 260 in one half. I’ve fallen in love with the backup like a typical moron fan. Just watching the ball explode out of this guy’s mitt has me excited to see him again.

Dino seems to be going out of his way to undervalue his performance. If he gives CDRW a C what grade does he give GS over his last two halves of football? I know he wants to stay out of a QB controversy but geeze.

Dino is absolutely right about teams not preparing for the backup. We’ve seen it many times here where they look good the first couple times they play and then opposing D’s get film and put the clamps on them. I don’t think that will be the case with CDRW though. To many tools to work with and he looked cool as a cucumber out there. I think we have another imported winner from the SEC.

Nah, this actually falls under my powers as self-appointed arbiter of nicknaming.

The placement of the hyphen makes the CD-RW nickname possible, which I have gavel'd, thus it is now not only how his name should be recognized by fans and the media going forward, but also his new government name is now Carlos Del-Rio Wilson.

It's pretty absurd how far these self-appointed arbitration powers extend. The constitution says nothing about them though, so here we are.
I trademarked that months ago

Carlos has the best arm we have had at QB in a very long time. He can make every throw on the field. Hes elusive and is fast.
Given time he will be our best QB.
Shrader isnt a pure passer like Carlos. He doesnt have the arm strength or quick release that Carlos has. Beck has turned into Shrader into a good QB but Shraders gift is his pocket awareness, his running abilities, and his leadership skills.
Carlos has more pure talent, Shrader has the intangibles that you cant teach.
They are both excellent. Different for sure and i expect Dr. Bob to call a different game with Carlos at the helm.
When you add Lamson and Sellers to the list this has to be the best QB room SU has had in a very long time.
Looking forward to seeing what Carlos can do on Saturday and to hopefully getting a healthy Shrader back soon.
The QB position looks to be in excellent shape for the future.
You are right about the QB room except if all 3 of those guys are as good as projected + Shrader has another year of eligibility, no way they are staying intact here. Lamson would likely leave or Shrader could decide not to come back next year. At least CDRW cannot transfer again (w/o losing a year of eligibility.)

He actually got a cup of coffee in the NFL. But maybe just practice squads. He transferred here from maybe Hudson valley community college as a walk on. Lol. Those were the GROB years.

He’s a radiologist in Poughkeepsie now.
He went to Hudson, then Western Carolina before transferring here. Roomed with him for a summer. Great guy.

He went to Hudson, then Western Carolina before transferring here. Roomed with him for a summer. Great guy.
Ahh. Forgot about western Carolina.

What had me excited about CDRW on Saturday wasn’t just the obvious arm talent, it was the fact that he was attempting passes to a wider range of receivers on a wider range of routes - with confidence.

Maybe the coaches told the kid to “just sling it,” when he was in, vs a more conservative approach for Shrader (possibly because he doesn’t have the same arm talent), but I doubt that.

Whether it’s Shrader or CDRW, I want to see our QB getting the ball out of his hand and giving receivers a chance downfield more frequently.
Maybe he hasn't had enough experience to know that everyone but Gadsden is going to drop the ball.

OMG. I literally cannot believe it took 2 full pages of responses to get here. It's all I can think when I see his initials. The only thing that could be better is if he were named Memorex.

In all fairness, we got there last May

Only time will tell. He looks promising though.

Gotta remind myself we all fell in love with AJ Long and Tommy too
Buy this dude can run. Tom was not a good runner

I made the terrible mistake calling for Devito over Dungey after the crazy UNC game. That was a far better performance than what we saw from CDRW. He was 11-22 w/ 1TD 1 INT. Certainly great game in a pinch and in that situation, with his fresh legs, he certainly looked fine, but over the long haul of a 12 game season I have serious doubts he is accurate enough, or his decision making is where it needs to be. Also, once defenses are able to game plan for him I just don’t think he is a better option than Shrader.

Garrett played the 1st half without his best attribute, his running ability. It was clear he was playing injured and couldn’t scramble as usual. When he is healthy I feel he is the far better player all around. Unless he can’t scramble, Shrader should be our QB the next 2 seasons. Either way the kid has 1
bad game and people already looking for the backup smh

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom