CFP Predictions... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

CFP Predictions...

I think ND should be bounced, but it will not happen. What could happen is that the SEC will have 2 teams and the ACC will have 1.5 teams; like this:

Bama
Clemson
ND
Georgia

Clemson will blow out ND, and Bama will blow out Georgia. Last night Bama played poorly and still won. Bama dropped several passes where the receivers were wide open. They tried to block a punt and roughed the punter basically creating a turnover. And there were times on both offense and defense when Bama players showed confusion about where to line up or receivers were looking to the sidelines with arms raised asking for guidance. If Bama plays Georgia again that will not happen, and Bama will blow out Georgia.

I do not think Oklahoma belongs in the Playoff.

I think it is very unfortunate that ND will get in because they barely beat Michigan, they struggled to beat Northwestern and they struggled to beat Pitt. Ohio State beat Michigan and Northwestern very easily, and Clemson had no problem with Pitt. ND's schedule this year was a dud for many reasons, and a big reason is that they played against 6 ACC teams. This season the ACC had a dreadful showing

Why Notre Dame? They probably have a better resume than Clemson.

- Top 10 win over Mich
- Top 20 win over Cuse
- Top 25 win over Northwestern
- Beat 8-4 Stanford
- Beat divisional champ Pitt
- Although down, beat blue bloods FSU and USC

That's a pretty good resumee that you can't really beat unless you're playing in the SECw this year.

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Oklahoma
4. Ohio State

Notre Dame decides to join the ACC full time after being shunned from the playoffs as an undefeated independent. I’d take that!

Oh... btw... since ISU to camping in that scenario...

Cuse vs Oregon in the Sun.

This postseason dilemma will be the straw that broke the camel’s back. The NCAA will have to expand after this season. In all fairness, the Final Four should be:
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. ND
4. OU

They can’t possibly put a 2 loss GA in that mix. If you punish OSU for ugly loss vs Purdue, then you have to punish GA for ugly loss vs LSU. I personally don’t think that Bama is as invincible as advertised. I’m predicting right now that Alabama doesn’t win this thing. You can’t pull ND out of this equation as the current rules are. If I were the NCAA, I would tell ND that moving forward, not having their football team in a conference, would/could affect their rankings. Leave it at that & see if ND is willing to take their chances in the future. I’m a huge ND fan, but it’s bs that they’re independent in football only. That has to stop. Here’s the opportunity for the NCAA to strong arm them. But they should get a warning first & they deserve to be there this year at 12-0.

First of all losing to Purdue and losing to LSU are two different things. Also the only way to expand the playoff sooner than later is to put UGA in and leave two Power 5 12-1 conference champs out. That will infuriate the Big 10 and Big 12 and put pressure on for expansion. Not happening though, your 4 are who will be picked.

I think ND should be bounced, but it will not happen. What could happen is that the SEC will have 2 teams and the ACC will have 1.5 teams; like this:

Bama
Clemson
ND
Georgia

Clemson will blow out ND, and Bama will blow out Georgia. Last night Bama played poorly and still won. Bama dropped several passes where the receivers were wide open. They tried to block a punt and roughed the punter basically creating a turnover. And there were times on both offense and defense when Bama players showed confusion about where to line up or receivers were looking to the sidelines with arms raised asking for guidance. If Bama plays Georgia again that will not happen, and Bama will blow out Georgia.

I think it is very unfortunate that ND will get in because they barely beat Michigan, they struggled to beat Northwestern and they struggled to beat Pitt. Ohio State beat Michigan and Northwestern very easily, and Clemson had no problem with Pitt. ND's schedule this year was a dud for many reasons, and a big reason is that they played against 6 ACC teams. This season the ACC had a dreadful showing

And yet Clemson played even more games against the ACC. Go figure.

This postseason dilemma will be the straw that broke the camel’s back. The NCAA will have to expand after this season. In all fairness, the Final Four should be:
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. ND
4. OU

They can’t possibly put a 2 loss GA in that mix. If you punish OSU for ugly loss vs Purdue, then you have to punish GA for ugly loss vs LSU. I personally don’t think that Bama is as invincible as advertised. I’m predicting right now that Alabama doesn’t win this thing. You can’t pull ND out of this equation as the current rules are. If I were the NCAA, I would tell ND that moving forward, not having their football team in a conference, would/could affect their rankings. Leave it at that & see if ND is willing to take their chances in the future. I’m a huge ND fan, but it’s bs that they’re independent in football only. That has to stop. Here’s the opportunity for the NCAA to strong arm them. But they should get a warning first & they deserve to be there this year at 12-0.

Ugly loss at LSU? Seriously?

What if I told you that only 7 of Bama’s wins were against teams that finished with winning records? (10 of Clemson’s wins were against .500 or better teams)

What if I told your their best OOC win was against Arkansas State? (Clemson beat Ta&m on the road)

We're not comparing the ACC and SEC are we?

Why Notre Dame? They probably have a better resume than Clemson.

- Top 10 win over Mich
- Top 20 win over Cuse
- Top 25 win over Northwestern
- Beat 8-4 Stanford
- Beat divisional champ Pitt
- Although down, beat blue bloods FSU and USC

That's a pretty good resumee that you can't really beat unless you're playing in the SECw this year.

Hatred, my friend. Nothing clouds judgment like hatred.

First of all losing to Purdue and losing to LSU are two different things. Also the only way to expand the playoff sooner than later is to put UGA in and leave two Power 5 12-1 conference champs out. That will infuriate the Big 10 and Big 12 and put pressure on for expansion. Not happening though, your 4 are who will be picked.

Your comment on why Georgia will be out is spot on - they’re almost certainly one of the top four teams, but picking them would really create political issues that the committee would rather avoid.

We're not comparing the ACC and SEC are we?
I’m comparing Clemson to Bama. That’s the only debate that matters if you support the UGA in the CFP argument.

My point is I don’t think Bama is head and shoulders above Clemson. Close losses don’t matter. If close losses matter, then we should be in NY6 discussions because we had a close loss to Clemson (I’m not arguing for it, just making a point about UGA)

Bama
Clemson
ND
Georgia

Some stats:

Among Bama, CU, ND, Ga, OU and OSU, the Irish are no worse than 3rd in FBS wins (12), Power-5 wins (10), AP top-25 wins (4), current CFP top-25 wins (3), road/neutral wins (6) and Power-5 winning record wins (5). And, the Irish needed just 12 games to do it.

Among the group, Notre Dame is currently...

Road/Neutral Wins - t-1st
FBS Wins - t-1st
Power-5 Wins - t-1st
AP Top-25 Wins - t-1st
CFP Top-25 Wins - t-2nd
Power-5 Winning Record - 3rd

bama
clemson
oklahoma
notre dame

georgia
ohio state
ucf

Hatred, my friend. Nothing clouds judgment like hatred.

I don't remember ever seeing the movies, but this sounds like a Star Wars quote.

Oklahoma is ranked #4 as of today in both the AP and Coaches polls.. Thus, they are in the CPF.

bama
clemson
oklahoma
notre dame

georgia
ohio state
ucf
So much for winning a conference championship. TOsu is out, ok with me btw.
And ACC has 2 teams. Awesome

Clemson got the hook up by the committee. It was the obvious choice to keep ND at 3, but I think anyone would prefer the Irish over OU.

Ugly loss at LSU? Seriously?
Yes. Exactly. 36-16 is an ugly loss against a team that you were favored to beat. For as physical as UGA is, they got beat up on both sides of the ball against an offensively inept LSU team.

Yes. Exactly. 36-16 is an ugly loss against a team that you were favored to beat. For as physical as UGA is, they got beat up on both sides of the ball against an offensively inept LSU team.

Just not as ugly as tOSU's loss to Purdue. Btw UGA was a very marginal favorite over LSU down there. Very few teams go into Baton Rouge and are favored.

I’m comparing Clemson to Bama. That’s the only debate that matters if you support the UGA in the CFP argument.

My point is I don’t think Bama is head and shoulders above Clemson. Close losses don’t matter. If close losses matter, then we should be in NY6 discussions because we had a close loss to Clemson (I’m not arguing for it, just making a point about UGA)

I hear ya. The look ahead line is Bama 7.5 over Clemson so somebody thinks there is a difference between the two. Just my opinion and the beauty is it is settled on the field but I think Clemson is a tad overrated. We'll see.

Clemson got the hook up by the committee. It was the obvious choice to keep ND at 3, but I think anyone would prefer the Irish over OU.

I was thinking the same thing. There's a reason Dabo was on cloud 9 when they interviewed him. He knows he dodged a major bullet in the semi's with sidestepping the match up of Lincoln Riley/Kyler Murray against Clemson's pass defense.

I hear ya. The look ahead line is Bama 7.5 over Clemson so somebody thinks there is a difference between the two. Just my opinion and the beauty is it is settled on the field but I think Clemson is a tad overrated. We'll see.

Agree, Clemson is no doubt one of the best teams in the country but their "profile" is inflated IMO. The reality is they only played two ranked teams all year (19 & 20 so not even top 10 or 15) and were incredibly fortunate to beat both of them. They probably lose to A&M without Bryant, who obviously is no longer there, and without that gift of a ruling on the late fumble on the 2 that was called a touchback.

Just not as ugly as tOSU's loss to Purdue. Btw UGA was a very marginal favorite over LSU down there. Very few teams go into Baton Rouge and are favored.

I never said the OSU loss wasn't ugly. It was. But it also was their ONLY loss. With 3 major programs undefeated & multiple 1 loss teams in the mix, there is no way that UGA should have been in the discussion. I question people that talk about their difficult schedule. They play on the week side of the SEC. In addition, they also played the likes of Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee, and UMass. Factor in a below average TN, average S. Carolina, average Vandy, and average GT, and I don't see it. They had Alabama beaten and choked it away. Yes, they choked. They didn't deserve another chance. I'm glad that OU was chosen. People are laughing at their D. I'll call it right now. I think OU/Alabama game goes down to the wire. Bama D is probably their worst in over a decade. OU will score at least 40. Will Bama score more? This will be a crazy great game that the NCAA will be able to brag about for years.

I'm of the belief that the Championship Game may be ND vs OU. The Committee has not hidden their dislike for OU because their D has been abysmal at times this year. I think OU will carry a chip on their shoulder & win the National Championship. Lincoln Riley then bolts to the NFL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom