CFP Predictions... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

CFP Predictions...

I never said the OSU loss wasn't ugly. It was. But it also was their ONLY loss. With 3 major programs undefeated & multiple 1 loss teams in the mix, there is no way that UGA should have been in the discussion. I question people that talk about their difficult schedule. They play on the week side of the SEC. In addition, they also played the likes of Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee, and UMass. Factor in a below average TN, average S. Carolina, average Vandy, and average GT, and I don't see it. They had Alabama beaten and choked it away. Yes, they choked. They didn't deserve another chance. I'm glad that OU was chosen. People are laughing at their D. I'll call it right now. I think OU/Alabama game goes down to the wire. Bama D is probably their worst in over a decade. OU will score at least 40. Will Bama score more? This will be a crazy great game that the NCAA will be able to brag about for years.

Georgia got Bama's C- game and a 2 touchdown lead in the second half and couldn't get it over the line. They probably are one of the best teams in the country but they have nobody but themselves to blame for not getting in to the playoff. I mean Bama had 3-4 fumbles, 4-5 dropped passes for huge plays that they haven't done all year, Tua couldn't get anything on his passes because of his ankle he hurt on the first drive, Mack Wilson carrying out pre-snap alignments blindfolded causing blown assignments all over until they moved it that to Moses in the 3rd quarter and they still couldn't get it done.

OU/Bama will be exciting. Tua had surgery yesterday morning and I don't know how he'll be in just 4 weeks. He's played the back half of the season on 1 1/2 legs between his knee and ankle. OU will score but I just can't see OU's defense stopping Bama more than Bama stops OU. That's not to say Bama defense locks up Murray because they won't, it's more that OU's defense has stopped nobody all year so I don't see Bama being the team they all of a sudden figure it out against.

Ironically enough if Bama tries to just ball control Murray off the field Tua being hurt may not be as big of a factor because Bama can put Hurts in and just read option OU to death with all those backs Bama has in the stable. Suck OU to load up the box then their DB's who can't cover their own shadow all year are out there in one on ones with Jeudy, Ruggs, Waddle, and the Smith's. If Tua is healthy though then Bama will be more than happy to make it a shooutout.

Last edited:
Georgia got Bama's C- game and a 2 touchdown lead in the second half and couldn't get it over the line. They probably are one of the best teams in the country but they have nobody but themselves to blame for not getting in to the playoff. I mean Bama had 3-4 fumbles, 4-5 dropped passes for huge plays that they haven't done all year, Tua couldn't get anything on his passes because of his ankle he hurt on the first drive, Mack Wilson carrying out pre-snap alignments blindfolded causing blown assignments all over until they moved it that to Moses in the 3rd quarter and they still couldn't get it done.

OU/Bama will be exciting. Tua had surgery yesterday morning and I don't know how he'll be in just 4 weeks. He's played the back half of the season on 1 1/2 legs between his knee and ankle. OU will score but I just can't see OU's defense stopping Bama more than Bama stops OU. That's not to say Bama defense locks up Murray because they won't, it's more that OU's defense has stopped nobody all year so I don't see Bama being the team they all of a sudden figure it out against.

I agree with much of what you said. If Tua is compromised or can't go, there is no way Bama can score enough to keep up. Kudos to Jalen Hurts for rallying his team to the victory, but he won't be consistent enough over the entire course of the game. Tua & Murray are special QB's. If Bama struggled to stop Fromm, and they did, they will have their hands full with Murray. This is a great matchup. You have Einsteins on both sidelines. One on O (Riley) & one on D (Saban). They'll both be given a month to prepare. Wow. Even though the Bama D isn't as strong as it usually is, Saban is always tough when given time to prepare. We'll see what kind of coach Lincoln Riley truly is.

*whispers*

if you lose two games you don't deserve to make the playoff

I agree with much of what you said. If Tua is compromised or can't go, there is no way Bama can score enough to keep up. Kudos to Jalen Hurts for rallying his team to the victory, but he won't be consistent enough over the entire course of the game. Tua & Murray are special QB's. If Bama struggled to stop Fromm, and they did, they will have their hands full with Murray. This is a great matchup. You have Einsteins on both sidelines. One on O (Riley) & one on D (Saban). They'll both be given a month to prepare. Wow. Even though the Bama D isn't as strong as it usually is, Saban is always tough when given time to prepare. We'll see what kind of coach Lincoln Riley truly is.

OU has a great OL, incredible QB and a coach with a brilliant offensive mind. They very well could pull off the upset. I think of the 3 teams in the playoff OU has the best chance to beat Alabama. Ultimately, I think it comes down to these two things:

How hurt is Hollywood Brown? That's an enormous loss for them if he can't go or isn't close to 100%.

How will OU's defense, who gave up 250 yds rushing to Kansas and basically been glorfiied traffic cones all year, stop Bama enough to win? The talk around Bama being vulnerable on defense is based off allowing 28 points on Saturday to a top 5 team in the country who averages ~40 ppg all year. OU allowed 27+ points 9 times this year and none of the offenses were as good as Alabama's.

Agree, Clemson is no doubt one of the best teams in the country but their "profile" is inflated IMO. The reality is they only played two ranked teams all year (19 & 20 so not even top 10 or 15) and were incredibly fortunate to beat both of them. They probably lose to A&M without Bryant, who obviously is no longer there, and without that gift of a ruling on the late fumble on the 2 that was called a touchback.

I agree. Their two main OOC games were against SoCar and TA&M and combined those two passed for nearly 1,000 yards against Clemson. That's something that you don't hear much about but Clemson has a lousy secondary.

I never said the OSU loss wasn't ugly. It was. But it also was their ONLY loss. With 3 major programs undefeated & multiple 1 loss teams in the mix, there is no way that UGA should have been in the discussion. I question people that talk about their difficult schedule. They play on the week side of the SEC. In addition, they also played the likes of Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee, and UMass. Factor in a below average TN, average S. Carolina, average Vandy, and average GT, and I don't see it. They had Alabama beaten and choked it away. Yes, they choked. They didn't deserve another chance. I'm glad that OU was chosen. People are laughing at their D. I'll call it right now. I think OU/Alabama game goes down to the wire. Bama D is probably their worst in over a decade. OU will score at least 40. Will Bama score more? This will be a crazy great game that the NCAA will be able to brag about for years.

OSU played a softer schedule and didn't do anything all year long until the last two games of the year.

I'm of the belief that the Championship Game may be ND vs OU. The Committee has not hidden their dislike for OU because their D has been abysmal at times this year. I think OU will carry a chip on their shoulder & win the National Championship. Lincoln Riley then bolts to the NFL.

My main concern for OU is that while their skill players (including Murray) have tremendous speed they are also quite small. I love Murray but he and his small receivers have a tendency to quickly head to the sidelines to avoid contact. On the 29th they're going to have people chasing them that can also run and will be looking to lay the lumber on them. That said I don't see how OU stops Bama on offense unless they get turnovers. Also what is the status of Hollywood Brown?

OSU played a softer schedule and didn't do anything all year long until the last two games of the year.

Fyi, UM just stepped down at OSU. They had a few nice road wins in addition to the monster win vs MI
@ TCU (TCU was ranked at the time)
@PSU (PSU was ranked in top 10 at the time)
@MSU (Mich State was ranked at the time also)

My main concern for OU is that while their skill players (including Murray) have tremendous speed they are also quite small. I love Murray but he and his small receivers have a tendency to quickly head to the sidelines to avoid contact. On the 29th they're going to have people chasing them that can also run and will be looking to lay the lumber on them. That said I don't see how OU stops Bama on offense unless they get turnovers. Also what is the status of Hollywood Brown?
You're absolutely correct in that Alabama tends to physically wear down their opponents & OU, while gifted athletically, is not accustomed to playing teams as physical as Bama. Give Saban a month to plan & he'll find your every flaw. I expect OU to come out strong early & shock some folks. The question is whether they can cross the finish line. OU did the same last year against UGA, but eventually lost in OT, as UGA was too physical at the point of attack. Your point is well taken & dead on.

Fyi, UM just stepped down at OSU. They had a few nice road wins in addition to the monster win vs MI
@ TCU (TCU was ranked at the time)
@PSU (PSU was ranked in top 10 at the time)
@MSU (Mich State was ranked at the time also)

True but OSU struggled with those first two and I think we've learned since that neither team was deserving of their high ranking, particularly TCU. They weren't even top six in the B12.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom