Class of 2014 - Chad Mavety | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Chad Mavety

Well He hasn't committed yet. He used to post a fair amount of stuff about SU on his twitter, but that has dropped off recently. Today, while at FSU he posted a few things.
Until e says otherwise we are still in the game for his play as an Orangeman.;)

Elemeunor committed to Arkansas today. So we still gotta worry about Mavety to OSU

Elemeunor committed to Arkansas today. So we still gotta worry about Mavety to OSU
its gonna be osu. thats why meyer told elemunor no

definitely going to be OSU. Moore is killing us in recruiting

definitely going to be OSU. Moore is killing us in recruiting

Who's Moore? Rob? I would hope that with a target as big as Mavety, that it would be a team effort, not just one coach.

Do you base that on anything concrete? If Moore's job description requires him to beat out Urban Meyer and Ohio State regularly, he should probably move on. As should most of our staff!

getting a visit would seem reasonable expectation. were losing out on Ollison as well, another Moore target. Couldn't even get Samuel to listen. Should I go on? He hasn't adapted to the way things work these days. It's no secret

no, but getting a visit would seem reasonable. were losing out on Ollison as well, another Moore target. Couldn't even get Samuel to listen. Should I go on? He hasn't adapted to the way things work these days. It's no secret
Just to be sure, you are inferring it from recruiting results/progress, right? Have you seen anything written down that says that he is a bad recruiter, like a comment from a prospect, or something? Trying to be sure here, because Mavety, Ollison, Samuel are all blue chip prospects, and a sample size of 3. We are probably simply not at a point now where we are going to compete seriously for kids like Mavety and Samuel, regardless of who is recruiting them. McDonald & co. have shown, in limited time, that they can attract kids with offers from peer programs, but I think it will take more time and proven results on the field for the upper echelon guys to consider us.

Williams this year was an inside job. And lots of time left, so I may very well be proven wrong with other guys like Ishmael. We'll see. I'm not ready to say Moore is a bad recruiter yet - still too many plausible explanations, IMO.

getting a visit would seem reasonable expectation. were losing out on Ollison as well, another Moore target. Couldn't even get Samuel to listen. Should I go on? He hasn't adapted to the way things work these days. It's no secret
I think that's a bit over the top. Mavety NEVER wanted to come here. All his comments indicated that he wanted to go ANYWHERE else but here.

Agree completely that recruiting is a coaching STAFF activity. I'm sure they all pitch as needed.

That being said, 8 recruits as on now is worrisome.

I think that's a bit over the top. Mavety NEVER wanted to come here. All his comments indicated that he wanted to go ANYWHERE else but here.

Agree completely that recruiting is a coaching STAFF activity. I'm sure they all pitch as needed.

yes maybe he never wanted to come here, but when asked who he has the best relationships with he names 3 of his recruiters, and none of them are Moore, who is his main recruiter for Syracuse.

SU was Mavety's dream school growing up. Saying he "NEVER wanted to come here" is a bit of a stretch. And if he never wanted to come, why would he be taking a visit here? His visit may be paid by the school, but it's not like Syracuse is a great place to visit as a prospect with no interest in the university like it would be for UCLA, Texas, etc..

Just to be sure, you are inferring it from recruiting results/progress, right? Have you seen anything written down that says that he is a bad recruiter, like a comment from a prospect, or something? Trying to be sure here, because Mavety, Ollison, Samuel are all blue chip prospects, and a sample size of 3. We are probably simply not at a point now where we are going to compete seriously for kids like Mavety and Samuel, regardless of who is recruiting them. McDonald & co. have shown, in limited time, that they can attract kids with offers from peer programs, but I think it will take more time and proven results on the field for the upper echelon guys to consider us.

Williams this year was an inside job. And lots of time left, so I may very well be proven wrong with other guys like Ishmael. We'll see. I'm not ready to say Moore is a bad recruiter yet - still too many plausible explanations, IMO.

Ollison is an in state regional recruit. There is no reason we should not get him, and right now it doesn't even look like we are in the top 2. And i'm not even saying we must get these guys, but not even getting them on campus for a visit is a problem. Rutgers got them both on campus, are you saying they are that much better then us? Both their recruiters were highly though of by both players, you didn't hear anything like that about Moore. He is one hell of a coach, but leaves a lot to be desired on the recruiting trail. Social media is a huge recruiting tool these days, and he seems to be resisting to the change.

Ollison is an in state regional recruit. There is no reason we should not get him, and right now it doesn't even look like we are in the top 2. And i'm not even saying we must get these guys, but not even getting them on campus for a visit is a problem. Rutgers got them both on campus, are you saying they are that much better then us? Both their recruiters were highly though of by both players, you didn't hear anything like that about Moore. He is one hell of a coach, but leaves a lot to be desired on the recruiting trail. Social media is a huge recruiting tool these days, and he seems to be resisting to the change.
Wow...bad day?

Again, who knows why anyone goes to Rutgers? Right now there is a (mis)conception among kids that they are a better program. I can understand why NYC guys might visit Rutgers, given that misconception - it's close by.

And if our name is considered mud, as it still seems to be, I am not surprised if a prospect refuses to visit.

The whole "social media" thing is presumably more discernible. Does Moore have a Twitter account, Facebook page, etc? Have you heard from any staff members if he is being scolded for not recruiting properly, or effectively?

Again, who knows why anyone goes to Rutgers? Right now there is a (mis)conception among kids that they are a better program. I can understand why NYC guys might visit Rutgers, given that misconception - it's close by.

And if our name is considered mud, as it still seems to be, I am not surprised if a prospect refuses to visit.

The whole "social media" thing is presumably more discernible. Does Moore have a Twitter account, Facebook page, etc? Have you heard from any staff members if he is being scolded for not recruiting properly, or effectively?

not scolded, but urged. it makes it a ton easier to communicate during silent periods etc. this is mostly joking, but don't think it doesn't matter.

1. Eric White@EricWhiteCuse@44TheLegend we need to get your boy Rob Moore on Twitter #Showtime
    Expand
  2. Derrick Coleman@44TheLegend
    @EricWhiteCuse he don't line it
    Expand
  3. Eric White@EricWhiteCuse
    @44TheLegend he needs some pressure from his guy Derrick Coleman

not scolded, but urged. it makes it a ton easier to communicate during silent periods etc. this is mostly joking, but don't think it doesn't matter.
Hm, interesting.

I do think Moore's recent talk about recruiting was foretelling of something. Don't think it was a good sign.

I totally agree with him, being someone who hates attention whoring. But it is what it is and kissing up to recruits is a necessary evil.

I do think Moore's recent talk about recruiting was foretelling of something. Don't think it was a good sign.

I totally agree with him, being someone who hates attention whoring. But it is what it is and kissing up to recruits is a necessary evil.
If true, then he'll probably move on - probably looks at college coaching today the same way Marrone does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom