Class of 2014 - Chad Mavety | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Chad Mavety

Ollison is an in state regional recruit. There is no reason we should not get him, and right now it doesn't even look like we are in the top 2. And i'm not even saying we must get these guys, but not even getting them on campus for a visit is a problem. Rutgers got them both on campus, are you saying they are that much better then us? Both their recruiters were highly though of by both players, you didn't hear anything like that about Moore. He is one hell of a coach, but leaves a lot to be desired on the recruiting trail. Social media is a huge recruiting tool these days, and he seems to be resisting to the change.
Are you saying that SU should get all instate recruits and they are all Moore's responsibility?

I think that's a bit over the top. Mavety NEVER wanted to come here. All his comments indicated that he wanted to go ANYWHERE else but here.

Agree completely that recruiting is a coaching STAFF activity. I'm sure they all pitch as needed.

That being said, 8 recruits as on now is worrisome.

8 is worrisome? Look back and see how many recruits SU usually has this time of year.

Are you saying that SU should get all instate recruits and they are all Moore's responsibility?
I think he said the opposite in another post...just wondering, do you feel Moore is a strong recruiter?

Having a Twitter account and tweeting at least once a day should be mandatory for every coach.

If we don't get a visit from each of those two guys, that is a big problem to me.

If we don't get a visit from each of those two guys, that is a big problem to me.
I can't wait for Duke and Wake Forest to be our new rivals rivals as we think recruiting is below us and that we should consede all 3 star players (especially if they are from NY and NJ) and up and because the star system is for fools. Remember we can coach em up...

I think he said the opposite in another post...just wondering, do you feel Moore is a strong recruiter?

But all of the guys he's mentioning are NY guys. It's hard to tell which ones he blames on Moore and which ones he feels wouldn't come here anyway. Personally, I don't know who the individual recruiters are responsible for, or which recruits have more than one recruiter working on them. People seem to think Moore isn't a good recruiter, so all I can say for sure is that that seems to be the prevailing opinion. It's also difficult to tell sometimes when people are sharing inside information, or if it's just a strong opinion. When it's not supported, I tend to believe it's the latter. This is a message board after all, so that's perfectly fine. There was a poster on TOS who would always make proclamations as if they were gospel, yet when pressed for where he got the info, would always go into defensive or name calling mode. I'm not saying that people do that here, but if it's your opinion, and you don't have a link or source, just cop to it.

But all of the guys he's mentioning are NY guys. It's hard to tell which ones he blames on Moore and which ones he feels wouldn't come here anyway. Personally, I don't know who the individual recruiters are responsible for, or which recruits have more than one recruiter working on them. People seem to think Moore isn't a good recruiter, so all I can say for sure is that that seems to be the prevailing opinion. It's also difficult to tell sometimes when people are sharing inside information, or if it's just a strong opinion. When it's not supported, I tend to believe it's the latter. This is a message board after all, so that's perfectly fine. There was a poster on TOS who would always make proclamations as if they were gospel, yet when pressed for where he got the info, would always go into defensive or name calling mode. I'm not saying that people do that here, but if it's your opinion, and you don't have a link or source, just cop to it.
For the record...Mavety is from Sparta, NJ.

I can't wait for Duke and Wake Forest to be our new as we think recruiting is below us and that we should consede all 3 star players (especially if they are from NY and NJ) and up and because the star system is for fools. Remember we can coach em up...
I don't insist on a commit. Only a visit.

Moore is the primary recruiter for the 3 i mentioned. Daoust is on Holley

So, why aren't you all over Daoust as well? Holley isn't coming here either.

looks like he will at least visit. plus Daoust has got plenty of guys, and is always spoken highly of by recruits

looks like he will at least visit. plus Daoust has got plenty of guys, and is always spoken highly of by recruits
The problem isn't this coach or that coach. The problem is 8 recuits when everybody else is at 20. And, don't give me that quality B.S. recruiting is this close to a disaster right now.

The problem isn't this coach or that coach. The problem is 8 recuits when everybody else is at 20. And, don't give me that quality B.S. recruiting is this close to a disaster right now.

we will be at 9 tomorrow, plus Cooper and Williams so that's 11. If we only take 19 i think were in a pretty good spot. We have a couple guys that we are in good shape with that are holding off for a while so that really only leaves a few spots. The number isn't a problem. we are in an area where we don't usually get a ton of quality kids early. Lester and Smith have done an outstanding job in Illinois, Lester and McDonald have done great in Fla, Daoust has done good in PA. The number is fine, it's just who is missing out on who. Like I said not getting a visit is the problem, but that's all i won't go on with it anymore.

Not surprising on Mavety i tried to hint at in my post a few weeks ago. Moore has done a good job as the wr coach. But as a recruiter hes been a disaster and to many good posters here are whistling past the graveyard. People are gonna be pissed when ollison goes elsewhere.

Not surprising on Mavety i tried to hint at in my post a few weeks ago. Moore has done a good job as the wr coach. But as a recruiter hes been a disaster and to many good posters here are whistling past the graveyard. People are gonna be pissed when ollison goes elsewhere.
I also think we wiff on Ollison, too bad. Hope my research is leading me wrong, but I think you are right with your Ollison statement.

I also think we wiff on Ollison, too bad. Hope my research is leading me wrong, but I think you are right with your Ollison statement.

yep doesn't even look like we are going to be close either. has officials set with Wisconsin and Pitt early Sept and is supposed to decide shortly after

we will be at 9 tomorrow, plus Cooper and Williams so that's 11. If we only take 19 i think were in a pretty good spot. We have a couple guys that we are in good shape with that are holding off for a while so that really only leaves a few spots. The number isn't a problem. we are in an area where we don't usually get a ton of quality kids early. Lester and Smith have done an outstanding job in Illinois, Lester and McDonald have done great in Fla, Daoust has done good in PA. The number is fine, it's just who is missing out on who. Like I said not getting a visit is the problem, but that's all i won't go on with it anymore.
Who's the kid that is supposed to commit tomorrow?

Where are you getting your info on Ollison? I've seen nothing since he named his top 5 and said he was officially visiting Pitt and Wisconsin. Lets be clear though that He has been to Syracuse. Also I wasn't aware that Moore recruited in buffalo, didn't know that.

Where are you getting your info on Ollison? I've seen nothing since he named his top 5 and said he was officially visiting Pitt and Wisconsin. Lets be clear though that He has been to Syracuse. Also I wasn't aware that Moore recruited in buffalo, didn't know that.
I'm reasonably sure that he doesn't.

It isn't close to anything like a disaster. Would we like to see better numbers right now? Of course. But we do have quality and have legit shots at a number of very good recruits. Let's see how it plays out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom