Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse

Agreed. Whenever cuse has only had one good shooter it’s always seemed apparent that you cannot succeed that way, but after the last few years I’m ready to going back to being the biggest and most athletic team on the court first and foremost. It seems Taylor and/or Bell have opportunities here even with influx of talent to help balance this out a bit. Huge grab. Imaging 2 years ago if starling and westry had both committed. Hope and think Judah returns but sun will come up if not. And Copeland could get bigger shot (sans Bradley or another). Cisse would be amazing addition to this team defensively.
I just remember playing Auburn 2 years ago and it was like we were playing two different sports, the athleticism difference was so major.

Will be nice to be able to physically compete with anybody, again.

Yep. I know he might have been told to say that and anything can happen until Judah announces his plans but this would seem to bode well.

Interesting that we beat out Creighton. They were an iffy foul call away from the Final Four and had a bunch of guys leave, but their starting SG stayed.
Creighton just got their new starting PG around the same time Chance commited.

Why does everyone assume this doesn’t have anything to do with Judah? It’s wishful thinking, but without Judah we now have JJ, Westry, Bunch, Cope and sort of Taylor at guard. That’s 5 guards. I know Taylor and Westry are kind of interchangeable, but idn, not as optimistic as the rest about Judah. I could see us going into the season with these 5 without another addition. I don’t want to, but won’t be surprised at all

Why does everyone assume this doesn’t have anything to do with Judah? It’s wishful thinking, but without Judah we now have JJ, Westry, Bunch, Cope and sort of Taylor at guard. That’s 5 guards. I know Taylor and Westry are kind of interchangeable, but idn, not as optimistic as the rest about Judah. I could see us going into the season with these 5 without another addition. I don’t want to, but won’t be surprised at all
Not sold on Bell at all.
Taylor can be slotted as a 2 or 3.
Quadir is very much a project.

Because he literally said my decision isnt based on Judah and Red basically confirmed it on that JR pod.
Unfortunately the most dangerous players to have are fringe 1st round picks because you have to WAIT for them to go through the process. I truly truly believe Red ran this by Judah and if Judah felt some type of way, they would have waited. There’s going to be guards who come back from the draft who wont go back to their original school. There would have been options especially if we could offer a starting guard spot. Would be a no brainer for someone.
If Judah comes back, not that I’m married to Copeland but it might get interesting with him and PT

Because he literally said my decision isnt based on Judah and Red basically confirmed it on that JR pod.
Unfortunately the most dangerous players to have are fringe 1st round picks because you have to WAIT for them to go through the process. I truly truly believe Red ran this by Judah and if Judah felt some type of way, they would have waited. There’s going to be guards who come back from the draft who wont go back to their original school. There would have been options especially if we could offer a starting guard spot. Would be a no brainer for someone.
If Judah comes back, not that I’m married to Copeland but it might get interesting with him and PT
I mean yeah, Westry may be told he’s starting at the 3 if Judah is back. At the 2 if he isn’t. But still doesn’t make me feel great about Judah.

Couple years ago we were recruiting JJ, Westry and Copeland with the hopes of getting at least one if not two. Now we have all 3 and maybe Judah too.
great post. All of these guys are ballers. Special athletic skills you can't teach. Long and each of them have really good handles. I think we need a shooting forward as much as a center. Hima if he can stay out of foul trouble is a good rim protector runs the floor well and is physical. He won't need to score. Not sure what Carey brings but he is very athletic. If Bell can improve and Brown adds muscle to go with his rebounding acumen this is a very good team. We need another shooter at forward maybe Taylor fills the role. Lots of tools in the box for Red. Really hope we keep Judah.

great post. All of these guys are ballers. Special athletic skills you can't teach. Long and each of them have really good handles. I think we need a shooting forward as much as a center. Hima if he can stay out of foul trouble is a good rim protector runs the floor well and is physical. He won't need to score. Not sure what Carey brings but he is very athletic. If Bell can improve and Brown adds muscle to go with his rebounding acumen this is a very good team. We need another shooter at forward maybe Taylor fills the role. Lots of tools in the box for Red. Really hope we keep Judah.
It appears Red is ok with the forwards based on his interview today. Those guys are going to get a lot of open looks.

Happy to have Chance Westry aboard. Hoping that Syracuse has a great team for this upcoming season with Westry and Starling coming on with Mintz hopefully returning and with nucleus of the freshmen coming.

wanted Chance Westry and JJ last year but was disappointed. Judah Mintz was an outstanding unexpected addition. Now with Chance, JJ and Mintz plus Quadir and JT the back Court will be great from a scoring and defensive perspectives.

There will be a lot of flexibility among the 1, 2 and 3 positions where there will be 3-4 players truly qualified able to play PG, 2-3 able to play the 2G spot and 3-5 players (adding Benny and Chris Bell) able to play the SF spot. At this time, Benny, Malik and maybe Carey are capable of manning the 4 spot with Mounir, Carey again, Malik and Patterson able to hold down the C. No lie, the PF and C positions could use some extra proven beef here.

Chance chose where he wanted to play the first time. I’m glad his dad backed off this time and let him follow his heart. This is a major pickup and just think how good these practices are going to be with all these guards and small forwards battling. Iron sharpens iron and we haven’t had this much high quality depth in ages. PUMPED! LFG red

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom