Chances of winning 5 in a row? | Syracusefan.com

Chances of winning 5 in a row?

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
I say 40% of winning all 5. just a feeling and then UVA back at home. 3-2 is a must but I'm not all that surprised with 4-1 or 5-0. THe latter 2 give us the drivers seat of the Tourney. And we should have a solid punchers shot to beat UVA at home based on the game this week on the road.

1. @FSU
2. Pitt
3. BC
4. @Pitt
5. @Ga Tech

6. UVA

I dont see us winning at pitt. Other 4 of the 5 are winnable. Fsu is monstrously overrated in my opinion.

upload_2018-1-11_18-6-10.png

Probabilities are based on Sagarin. Based on those we have a 9.5% chance of going on a 5 game winning streak.

The math is not always the way to evaluate these things (momentum, matchups are also important things that are not in those calculations), but the 10% seems pretty reasonable to me. A longshot, but not totally out of the question either.

Last edited:
I dont see us winning at pitt. Other 4 of the 5 are winnable. Fsu is monstrously overrated in my opinion.

Maybe a tad overrated but it's not really showing in their results.

Florida St did beat UNC at home, and Florida on the road. They went down to the wire at Miami and at Duke. In fact there 4 losses are only by 18 points. When your worst result is losing at home to Louisville by 4 points you are doing fairly well.

Tough to achieve with 3 of 5 on the road. We do not excel away from the Dome - and don't fare there very well on at times.

You can't see us winning at pitt? They have no one at their games. This isn't the same Zoo as in the past. Isn't the same talent either. FSU is 10X tougher than at pitt.
Dont care, we’ve had trouble there when its the zoo and when its not the zoo. Wont touch that game.

no chance we're winning all 3 road games. id be absolutely thrilled with winning 2.

we gotta run the table at home, we're gonna struggle to win every road game i think.

We need 4 more ACC wins by February 5 (so within our next 7 games). We have Wake, NC State, and @BC on the back half of the schedule which should hopefully get us to 8 ACC wins if we have 5 total wins by Feb. 5. Then we'd hopefully be able to grab one @Miami, vs UNC, @Duke, or vs. Clemson of the remaining four before the ACC tourney.

20-11 (9-9) puts us in decent position for a NCAA tourney bid. 19-12 (8-10) puts us in a similar boat as last year where we need at least 1 win in the ACC tourney.

I say 40% of winning all 5. just a feeling and then UVA back at home. 3-2 is a must but I'm not all that surprised with 4-1 or 5-0. THe latter 2 give us the drivers seat of the Tourney. And we should have a solid punchers shot to beat UVA at home based on the game this week on the road.

1. @FSU
2. Pitt
3. BC
4. @Pitt
5. @Ga Tech

6. UVA

pickens_bomb_rider1.jpg

For some of us older fans, it's absolutely depressing that it's Pitt's home court that's known as "the Zoo" now.

As someone who sat in the Zoo last night through a 35-point loss, I can tell you the name isn't going to stick much longer the way things are going down here in Pittsburgh.

1. @FSU
2. Pitt
3. BC
4. @Pitt
5. @Ga Tech

6. UVA
Rationale like this is the reason Vegas makes so much money.

1. @FSU
2. Pitt
3. BC
4. @Pitt
5. @Ga Tech

6. UVA

But how can our chances of winning all five be 40% when our chances of simply winning at FSU are almost certainly less than 40%?

FWIW, I heard on Brent Axe today that we were in Lunardi's Bracketology. I think he said we were one of the last four in which means play-in. Not really seeing it but it is a ray of hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom