Class of 2015 - C Cheick Diallo (NY) Verballed to Kansas | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C Cheick Diallo (NY) Verballed to Kansas

Diallo's EYBL Peach Jam overall averages. 6 games-10ppg, 8.1rpg, 2.8bpg, 69%ft 16-23 overall.
Top 10 recruit in the country averages a little less than 4 FGA per contest? Thats a little disconcerting considering he shot up so high based on the NBPA camp where it seems like no defense is played

Top 10 recruit in the country averages a little less than 4 FGA per contest? Thats a little disconcerting considering he shot up so high based on the NBPA camp where it seems like no defense is played
I'm pretty sure the 16-23 overall number refers to free throw attempts/made and not field goal attempts/made. The math checks out --> 16/23 = 69%. Well, 69.56 which, in my world anyway, gets bumped up to a cool 70%. It just catches the eye better. But I'm a softie. Francis is a much harsher grader ;)

Offensively he's not a finished product and needs to improve his overall skills in that department as he gets older. He's productive and has seen his stock rise because of his high energy non stop motor, where he finds opportunities to score in transition, good position inside for easy dump offs and put backs. His Peach Jam numbers weren't great as his previous numbers, but to be fair there was four EYBL sessions in which 4-5 games were played in each, and 3/4 of those sessions Diallo averaged more pts, rbs, and blks than McCullough.

I'm pretty sure the 16-23 overall number refers to free throw attempts/made and not field goal attempts/made. The math checks out --> 16/23 = 69%. Well, 69.56 which, in my world anyway, gets bumped up to a cool 70%. It just catches the eye better. But I'm a softie. Francis is a much harsher grader ;)
Yeah that's for his free throw numbers and not his fg attempts/made. I would've had the overall fg numbers next to his ppg if that was the case. Thanks for clearing that up if spo023 misunderstood.

Screwed that one up. Shoulda thought about that one. For some reason, whenever I see the numbers, i just assume FG% instead of FT%. Thanks for the heads up

Are we still after this guy or are we fading? Francis? Do you know anything?
The main focus is on Diagne. Read a few weeks back that Louisville and Pitt were the frontrunners, but said in an update from tos that he's taking his recruitment process slow. I would expect that we should have a commitment from Diagne by the time Diallo's recruitment heats up with all of the heavyweights coming after him.

The main focus is on Diagne. Read a few weeks back that Louisville and Pitt were the frontrunners, but said in an update from tos that he's taking his recruitment process slow. I would expect that we should have a commitment from Diagne by the time Diallo's recruitment heats up with all of the heavyweights coming after him.
Francis - out of question that Diagne commits this weekend/shortly after Orange Madness visit? Let's hope he likes juggling!

Likely a pipe dream, but I thought that about Malachi after a while. Great skill set and athleticism. Could easily play the 4 or 5, and would come in with only Coleman and Obokoh on the roster at the 5. That is unless Bryant/Silva/Diagne we're to commit first (probably the most likely scenario).

I know we probably aren't interested but Jessie Govan had 38 points and grabbed 15 points a few days ago.
Wonder if hes running the floor better with a better verticle.

Thats still very solid. Rick Pitino was just out here checking him out. Alot of good big man talent in ny this year.

Last edited:
Diallo beastly in loss

writeup of the Hoophall Classic this past weekend from one of the recruiting sites

Our Savior New American took a tough loss to La Lumiere. But, it wasn't for lack of effort on the part of their star big man Cheick Diallo. The No. 8 player in the class of 2015 was outstanding in every aspect during a 18 point, 17 rebound and 10 block effort.

A 6-foot-9 center who plays with what seems to be an unlimited supply of energy, Diallo is active, physical and tough on both ends of the floor. In the open floor he is a long strider who runs like a sprinter and around the rim he is quick off his feet. His offense is primarily dunks and short turnarounds, but his footwork and touch are both improving.

Not surprisingly, the five-star prospect is emerging as a major target of big time programs. UConn, Kansas, St. John's, Arizona, Iowa State, Kentucky, Ohio State, Pittsburg, Seton Hall, Syracuse, Rutgers,Washington, West Virginia and many more are giving chase at one level or another.

Francis, this guy seems extremely talented. Where do we stand in his recruitment? Is there even that much intrest?

Francis, this guy seems extremely talented. Where do we stand in his recruitment? Is there even that much intrest?
He was invited to the Elite Camp and Midnight Madness and both times didn't show up. Our coaches are interested but it seems like his handlers are pushing him towards SJU, Pitt, and Louisville.

He was invited to the Elite Camp and Midnight Madness and both times didn't show up. Our coaches are interested but it seems like his handlers are pushing him towards SJU, Pitt, and Louisville.
Those sound like heady handlers with Diallo's best interests at the forefront.

Looks like he got his Kentucky offer yesterday. All credit to Slice Rohrssen on that one.