Chino Obokoh to transfer | Syracusefan.com

Chino Obokoh to transfer

Excellent that he will not have to sit out. Question: if they can't fill this spot or KJ's spot next year can they get credit for taking scholarship reductions early like they did before?

Good luck to Chino. Always kind of sad to me when things don't work out quite like we all hoped, but hopefully he finds a situation where he can contribute a little more in his last year.

wow, much like last year many are leaving, just hope we fill the spots with immediate impacts who can make a difference.

He earned his degree from SU and was a part of a couple great teams.

I'd say it worked out quite alright for him.

Good point. I was talking about playing time of course, but you're right. It could have been much worse. Not like he wasted 3 years at Georgetown for crying out loud.

Negative.

2 in 2016-17
2 in 2017-18
1 in 2018-19.

I thought we had to take 8 schollies over a 4 year period, with no specific breakdown, just an 8 schollie reduction. So if we somehow went into next year with only 8 scholly players, wouldn't that effectively end the reduction?

I thought we had to take 8 schollies over a 4 year period, with no specific breakdown, just an 8 schollie reduction. So if we somehow went into next year with only 8 scholly players, wouldn't that effectively end the reduction?
That was my reasoning as well, what does the NCAA care as long as we meet the total numbers.

Nope. The original penalty was three per year for four years. They only allowed the three to count this season because the penalty reduction came so late in the recruiting cycle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom