Chris Bell looks to be coming back | Syracusefan.com

Chris Bell looks to be coming back

Cstate

Scout Team
315942AB-BA36-4A0A-AABD-D54FCDC4ACE5.jpeg

Great pic. His jumper is so smooth.

That's the hard part. Now coach him up and turn him into a basketball player.

144% THIS.

I will give him some props, as his effort on D did improve late in the season.

(Which is damning with faint praise, since he was pretty mediocre prior)

Now it’s up to Red & the boys to make sure Chris follows the DNic/Southy career trajectory, rather than become Mookie 2.0

144% THIS.

I will give him some props, as his effort on D did improve late in the season.

(Which is damning with faint praise, since he was pretty mediocre prior)

Now it’s up to Red & the boys to make sure Chris follows the DNic/Southy career trajectory, rather than become Mookie 2.0

Not to rain on CB's parade, but I wonder if he's too one-dimensional for the direction the program is headed.

Not to rain on CB's parade, but I wonder if he's too one-dimensional for the direction the program is headed.
Agreed. Bell has to want to do those other things on the court to make himself more well rounded or he is going to keep averaging. 2 assists, .4 steals, 1.8 boards, etc. The team needs more. Hopefully Bell has the desire.

I’m all for it, but how can you tell from this post?
Just a hunch, but most players that are leaving or looking for a change scrub their page clean of pictures/current team activities…..he posted multiple pictures of his 1st year in the SU uniform, along with that “telling” caption.

When he is on he can nail a shot from range with a hand in his face. That will always have value. Great form and quick release too. Would love to see him take some time at the 2 spot next year and improve his handle. Think he is ideally a 2/3 rather than just a 3. Was asked to do a lot that he was clearly not ready for last season. People talked about how much rope we gave him, but it is a different situation when the other options are other lacking freshman and Benny Williams. He was not stealing minutes from some reliable vet. He is at least quick and athletic enough where he should be capable of guarding a guy in the backcourt in a man to man situation, if we actually play man next season. Will need to get stronger.

Does he have the desire? Hey, he came back. That counts for something. Especially these days.

It's a good dimension. The rest of it can develop

Or not, given that it hasn't developed to date, and these limitations were in the scouting report from when we first began recruiting him.

I like his potential as a shooter, but he's subpar with respect to anything else. Not sure how this can be disputed / denied.

I went in thinking that we will lose 1 or 2 of our 5 forwards and he was the one I was most comfortable letting go. Will be interesting how it shakes out. If he stays he better get to work and not on his jump shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom