chris mcculough is orange! | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

chris mcculough is orange!

If Louisville and UConn stay in the league I think the Big East will be one of the top 5 conferences, some years maybe the best. That might not happen with ESPN throwing money at other conferences at the expense of the BE.

In recent history the Big East and the Big12 have been the best with a sizable step down to the two-school leagues: ACC (Duke and NC), Big10 (Michigan State and Ohio State), and the SEC (Kentucky and Florida) with the Pac10/12 trailing badly.

It looks like St John's will be better this year, hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

GOSU

Well said. Agree with the league breakdown. Seems SEC is recruiting better, but IMO Big 10 is dropping a tad overall.

Im a big Baron Davis fan.

Of Steve Lavin -

“We should have a banner up there: the only team to make the tournament without a coach.”

Ouch. couchburn

Im a big Baron Davis fan.

Of Steve Lavin -

“We should have a banner up there: the only team to make the tournament without a head coach

Baron should have said "we'd have a banner up there if I didn't up my ACL"... Incidentally, Baron has since apologized for such comments as they were taken out of context and is very good friends with Steve Lavin, working out at SJU just a few months ago

Fwiw, Boeheim didn't have any banners up his first 5 years as. d1 coach either. They are more elusive than most like to admit.

Baron should have said "we'd have a banner up there if I didn't **** up my ACL"... Incidentally, Baron has since apologized for such comments as they were taken out of context and is very good friends with Steve Lavin, working out at SJU just a few months ago

Fwiw, Boeheim didn't have any banners up his first 5 years as. d1 coach either. They are more elusive than most like to admit.

But I dont recall players throwing JB under the bus. "Taken out of context"...of course.

Nah. Lavin making monstrous difference on recruiting trail is why.
I just want you to realize that any success Lavin has ay St. John's, he will be using as a resume stuffer.

I would like to see SU maintain an annual game with SJU. I love the exposure it gives us in NYC as New York's Team! The Big East will still be solid wiithout Syracuse (good but not great). Memphis could be the next great basketball program if everything comes together for them. I am glad we are going to the ACC but there is no need to bash the BE on our way out the door. I will always pull for the old school BE programs, except for Georgetown and UConn.

IMO...SJU will be better than Pittsburgh over the next 10 years.

If Dixon continues on his current path he's most likely Hall of Fame bound. The Panthers are recruiting on a much higher level than the Red Storm are. I don't see any reason to think that St. John's will be better than Pitt.

I just want you to realize that any success Lavin has ay St. John's, he will be using as a resume stuffer.
Not sure. Depends on his wife's professional ambitions. She can't really pursue them in Oklahoma.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I know,,, I know... slap me on the head. This announcement very much surprises me. Usually these high level recruits don't commit over a tweet or a twitter (whatever) ... they have a big announcement at the school gym or in the coaches office to get a ton of exposure. Just saying...

If Dixon continues on his current path he's most likely Hall of Fame bound. The Panthers are recruiting on a much higher level than the Red Storm are. I don't see any reason to think that St. John's will be better than Pitt.

It is patently false to say that Pitt is recruiting at a much higher level. Look at the rankings of their current team vs SJU. Only Adams and the underperforming Dante Taylor are ranked higher than guys on the SJU roster outnof HS. Zeigler is a transfer so really not a "recruit" per se.

For arguments sake to make things simple, look at the rivals ranks of SJU players on the team this year.
Jamal Branch- 65
D'Angelo Harrison- 40
Sir'Dominic Pointer- 44
Amir Garrett- 68
Jakarr Sampson- 51
Chris Obekpa- 58

Rivals doesnt rank JC players but both Achiuwa and Orlando Sanchez are JC AA's. I bet you didn't suspect they were ranked this high. SJU going almost 10 deep with top 65 players and JC All Americans in Lavin's only second recruiting class. This is a team that everybody is ranking somewhere between 8-last in the league this year?

Oh, and before putting Dixon into the HOF he needs to do something in the tourney. Steve Lavin has many Sweet 16's as Jamie Dixon, Mike Brey and Buzz Williams combined in only his first 7 years of coaching.

Next Step for Lavs is to start landing next level kids like a Jermaine Lawrence and/or Rysheed Jordan like Cuse does. ;-)

Seems this thread was hijacked. Seems I won't be following it anymore.

Lol. You'll see that is not the case. SJU's roster is full of top 60 kids this year. Not guaranteeing Lawrence comes to SJU, but Lavin's SJU is not the one you guys are used to. SJU is landing those big fish now. Narrowly lost on McCullough to you guys who have an excellent program. Actually, rumor I heard today has Jermaine signing in early period with SJU.
Lavin has done a nice job recruiting, no doubt. When we played you guys last year, Harkless showed his stuff, and the Harrison kid was money from deep. St. John's is going to have talent, even if it isn't Lawrence (Ky and UCLA have come calling).

BE is still an excellent basketball conference

Yes it is. The Big East is clearly better than C-USA ever was...that conference in its heyday had a couple of terrific programs, a couple good ones and a lot of really bad ones. The Big East has much better depth, a lot more good to very good programs and it will get a lot more exposure and respect than C-USA ever did.

At least for now. No idea what happens to the Big East down the road. The coming TV contract(s) will have a lot to say about its long term survival.

Seems this thread was hijacked. Seems I won't be following it anymore.
Yes, it seems to have gotten sidetracked. To help bring it back:

First, tremendous get! A top ten kid commiting before his junior year!

Couple of questions:
1. When was the last time somthing like this has happened? DC2 was a senior. Dion applied early but was not quite as highly ranked at the time. MCW commited in his jr year but once again not ranked this highly at the time.
2. One person mentioned him as a one and done. Is that the general consensus?

This should certainly put to rest the "what has happened to SU's recent recruiting?" comments.

I wonder when he decided. It's almost like he couldn't wait to commit. I think with Patterson committing, it pretty much just sealed the deal.

Is it crazy to think that McCullough reclassifies to 2013, Dakari commits, and Rysheed commits this spring when MCW declares? I'd take all that.

I wonder when he decided. It's almost like he couldn't wait to commit. I think with Patterson committing, it pretty much just sealed the deal.

Is it crazy to think that McCullough reclassifies to 2013, Dakari commits, and Rysheed commits this spring when MCW declares? I'd take all that.
Id rather mcw come back then to leave to make room for Jordan.

Welp.

A7DMXbJCUAEXB_T.jpg

Adams looks to be a monster ... already appearing on many draft lists. But so far, like many bigs, he's been struggling.

Watching a few videos of McCullough he definetly seems like he could play the 2 or 3. It would be very interesting to see someone that tall play at the top of the zone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom