CHU ! KWU ! | Syracusefan.com

CHU ! KWU !

He almost had a triple double, just needed two more blocks !!!

So far the improvement fom frank and him have been transformative. This poster did not see it coming.

Just has to continue against the big boys !!!

Quaker Chewy Cookies & Cream Granola Bar.jpg

There is no doubt Chewy in gonna get schooled more than a few games this year as he is still so raw and just starting to put it together. As he continues to learn and mature imagine how much he will contribute next season. His upside is significant. I actually view this as his Sophomore season.

I was very impressed with his cardio - played a lot of minutes and stayed active the whole way. He was a force. Only thing I don't like is when we start the offense with him at the top of the key and then everyone runs away from him. Happened quite a bit in the 1st half.

I was very impressed with his cardio - played a lot of minutes and stayed active the whole way. He was a force. Only thing I don't like is when we start the offense with him at the top of the key and then everyone runs away from him. Happened quite a bit in the 1st half.

I'm looking for that play to be the one they used to run with Baye and Cooney where Cooney cuts backdoor underneath and ends up with the pass from Baye for an easy layup. I could see Thorpe, Frank, or Battle running that play pretty well.

I never got why people wrote him off the way they did. He hadn't played two years of basketball with the exception of a handful of games last year. With that said, his leap in improvement from last to this year is like looking at two different players. He's a true asset especially on the defensive end. Looking forward to his growth.

When a few of my friends asked me my assessment of the team after one of the exhibitions, I blasted Chukwu. Said something along the lines of, "he looks awful and won't give us anything."

The last 1.5 games, he has been unbelievable. Small sample size to this point, but as of right now, I'm very, very wrong. I could not be happier about being so wrong. He's running the floor, very active on both ends. He really won't see many, if any, guys that are eye to eye with him. I hope his confidence level keeps growing and he can perform this way when we hit the meat of our schedule.

I never got why people wrote him off the way they did. He hadn't played two years of basketball with the exception of a handful of games last year. With that said, his leap in improvement from last to this year is like looking at two different players. He's a true asset especially on the defensive end. Looking forward to his growth.

Because of the way he played last year before and after (during?) his eye injury. And please discontinue with the "hadn't played" logic. He practiced with the team for a year and showed absolutely zero progress when we saw him early last season. Maybe that was all eye related and we would have gotten this, but I think it's reasonable to wonder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom