CJ Fair | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

CJ Fair

Get it? GET IT??

Seriously though if anyone deserves to stick on a NBA roster it's CJ.

Agreed--hope he can find a way to stick.

But I also agree that he lacks that one truly elite skill. But maybe he can carve out a Jason Hart-esque journeyman career as a hustle, good attitude guy who comes [relatively] cheap and doesn't gripe about PT.

He's definitely smart enough to work himself into a 3 and D guy.

BTW - Celtics first summer league game is tonight at 9pm ET against Utah.
CJ has 8 points in the first half and is wearing some crazy sneakers. They look Orange but they could be red. He actually jumped center tipping off the game. CJ is such a good player but still doesn't really have a right hand. Hope he finds a way to develop his niche.
CJRjR55UkAIA5zF.jpg

12 pts. (5-10 FG, 1-2 3PFG), 3 rebs., 1 ast., 1 stl in ~20 minutes through 3 quarters. On NBA TV.

CJ should try and model himself after Draymond Green. That's his best chance at making the league. Be an undersized 4 that can defend and be the screener in the pick and roll.

He would have to put on a ton of weight to do that, and that would take away from his game. His best chance to stick is to keep working on his outside shot.

He would have to put on a ton of weight to do that, and that would take away from his game. His best chance to stick is to keep working on his outside shot.

Draymond lost a ton of weight. You don't need to be bulky anymore to play the 4 in the NBA.

12 pts. (5-10 FG, 1-2 3PFG), 3 rebs., 1 ast., 1 stl in ~20 minutes through 3 quarters. On NBA TV.

Glad he made that 3 pointer, because from what I saw in the first half CJ's outside shots were ugly. Can drive with the best of them, though.

Celtics turned themselves into Atlanta North. Bunch of meh to good players and no alpha.

Yes, but with the ability to free up enough space to potentially sign two players to max contracts next year, plus the Nets first rounder that may become a top 5 pick (likely will if they trade Johnson), the ceiling may be higher than you think...

Draymond lost a ton of weight. You don't need to be bulky anymore to play the 4 in the NBA.

I haven't seen CJ in a while, but Draymond is way stronger than the CJ i remember.

You don't need to be bulky but CJ Fair is nowhere close to big enough to play the 4 in the NBA.

You don't need to be bulky but CJ Fair is nowhere close to big enough to play the 4 in the NBA.

They had him playing the 5 in the d-league and he was getting 10 rebounds a game in the d league playoffs. If you are playing the 4 or 5 in the d league you have no chance to move to the three in the NBA. He wasn't even in position to take threes in the d league.

Harrison Barnes played the 4 for stretches this year. Andre Iguodala. Paul George is going to have to play the four next year for Indiana now for stretches. I'm not comparing CJ to Draymond Green or any of these great players, but the trend is now if you can rebound any bit at all they will play you at the four in the NBA now. Even Wes is going to end up playing some four now in LAC now that Jordan is gone.

They had him playing the 5 in the d-league and he was getting 10 rebounds a game in the d league playoffs. If you are playing the 4 or 5 in the d league you have no chance to move to the three in the NBA. He wasn't even in position to take threes in the d league.

Harrison Barnes played the 4 for stretches this year. Andre Iguodala. Paul George is going to have to play the four next year for Indiana now for stretches. I'm not comparing CJ to Draymond Green or any of these great players, but the trend is now if you can rebound any bit at all they will play you at the four in the NBA now. Even Wes is going to end up playing some four now in LAC now that Jordan is gone.

Ok, he played the 5 in the D-League. The D-League..... And you're probably right, he doesn't have a chance to play the 3 in the NBA, he probably doesn't have much of a chance to play in the NBA at this point.

I'm sure Wes will play some at the 4 this year, but they also have a couple of roster spots to play around with so that wont have to happen. It's fair to say that a team in the Clips position really shouldn't be giving Wes Johnson a ton of minutes.

Ok, he played the 5 in the D-League. The D-League... And you're probably right, he doesn't have a chance to play the 3 in the NBA, he probably doesn't have much of a chance to play in the NBA at this point.

I'm sure Wes will play some at the 4 this year, but they also have a couple of roster spots to play around with so that wont have to happen. It's fair to say that a team in the Clips position really shouldn't be giving Wes Johnson a ton of minutes.

Who are the Clippers going to give minutes to? They are the fifth or sixth best team in the west, and Jamal Crawford is most likely the next guy to be headed out of town. Right now this is their roster.

Griffin
Wes
Pierce
Redick
Paul

Lance
Hedo
Rivers?
Udoh
Branden Dawson
Jordan Hamilton
Dahntay Jones.

He's their sixth best player the way their roster is constructed right now. He's getting another chance because he was a lottery pick, he's cheap, and the Clippers have zero cap room. Wes shot 35% from three last year, just slightly below what Matt Barnes did last year.

CJ seemed to be play well in his 3 games in Utah with the Celtics. He totaled 28 pts, 17 rebs, and 9 assists.

CJ seemed to be play well in his 3 games in Utah with the Celtics. He totaled 28 pts, 17 rebs, and 9 assists.
He looked pretty built too .. must have been hitting the weights while he played in D-League.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom