Clemson Attendance Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Attendance Thread

I feel like they run some radio spots in Syracuse and maybe during the local news hours (5pm, 6pm) in CNY, Utica, Binghamton etc. To echo an earlier comment, anybody that follows Cuse social media pages probably already bought tickets or isn't buying anyway.

Its too bad there wasnt an all out push to get the WIFI working for the biggest game of the year..

They said they hoped by Nov and since then its been dead quiet and no one in the press has asked for an update.. You have to think they are thinking Nov, that work has happened.

just out of curiosity, is this really that big of a deal? Do people not go to the games because they actually think to themselves in the ticketmaster checkout line: "well you know what the wifi is bad. I am goign to pass on these tickets"

it is a slight inconvenience but it doesnt affect my desire to go to a game or not in any way shape or form.

Not having AC vs Fla State a few years ago when it was 100 was a bigger deal imo.

Me neither, but I’ve been looking for a spot to post this and this seems relevant.

The service in the dome is a joke. I sit in 329 and texts often struggle to go through and if I want to pull something up on the internet it takes absolutely forever, if at all.

It’s 2023. The name is the wireless dome. I’m told certain areas are worse for service. There should be zero….. zero seats in the dome that have a problem.
And that will be the case in a matter of months.

As of today (Wednesday) there are only four sold out sections (103, 104, 109, 127) and they are the same sections that were sold out on Sunday at 12:00 PM.

IMG_6407.jpeg

That translucent roof rendering gets my irrationally angry every time I see it. NEVER SHOW ME THAT AGAIN!!

Imagine how awesome that would have been……

Would have sucked for basketball tho

Lots and lots of Clemson fans dumping their tickets.

Makes sense.

Their fanbase travelled impressively in 2019. Have to imagine they'll be a little deflated after the 2-2 start.

I am surprised it does seem like the atmosphere was so much more electric last year around the program. I do understand individuals skepticism, we’ve left a lot to be desired far too many times. The fans will start consistently coming back if we prove we are atleast competent. They showed that last year for fsu, nc state, Purdue. We were almost there last year.

The problem with last year is that by the time casuals started going to games, that's when the train came off the tracks. The dome was awesome for Notre Dame, but then the game was played. The casuals came for that and FSU and I'd imagine they walked away severely disappointed and haven't been back this year.

That is to prevent scalping (computer or human)

Your better move in the future

Call SU and ask about group rate tickets. Think you need 15 but they are cheaper than regular single tix. Sell the 4 you don't need for a profit.
Already bought the tix but can you specify where you want to sit with group tix or is it limited to certain sections?

We’ll see. I should be able to send a text message to my parents saying “what a play!” when sitting in my seat. It’s pretty insane it is so difficult today.

IMO, and IMO only, people are accustomed to being connected. Whether it be cell service or wifi, people are connected as a baseline.

This is no longer a benefit, but table stakes for the experience.

I'm glad that it should be coming, but each event that it isn't available isn't great. But I'm sure it will coming.

if we can get 1-2K walkup sat we can get to 42K.. It really depends on the next 3 days are we selling 1-200 a day or 4-500 a day until sat?

it will be the biggest crowd of the season so far by a pretty good margin

just out of curiosity, is this really that big of a deal? Do people not go to the games because they actually think to themselves in the ticketmaster checkout line: "well you know what the wifi is bad. I am goign to pass on these tickets"

it is a slight inconvenience but it doesnt affect my desire to go to a game or not in any way shape or form.

Not having AC vs Fla State a few years ago when it was 100 was a bigger deal imo.
No, but it impacts people who go to a game and then decide whether they come back. Sports is as much about entertainment now as it is the product on the field. There are lots of stoppages in football. If a casual fan knows they can't use their phone for 3.5 hours (when half the world lives on them nonstop), it impacts a subset of the potential audience. It definitely has a bigger impact on younger consumers too.

It's also a bigger issue usually for indoor venues (Domes and arenas) then outdoor. Though big stadiums in the South don't have issues attracting crowds so it's moot there. For a program like Syracuse, you have to remove obstacles for why people don't buy tickets. For the folks on this board and diehards -- it has zero impact on a decision to go to a game.

But I've heard LOTS of casual fans who come to one game complain about it over the past several years. I hope it helps and they advertise it's state of the art when up and running.

if we can get 1-2K walkup sat we can get to 42K.. It really depends on the next 3 days are we selling 1-200 a day or 4-500 a day until sat?

it will be the biggest crowd of the season so far by a pretty good margin
true but if an undefeated home team vs Clemson can't outdraw games that encompassed a military academy, a Patriot cellar dweller, and a directional Michigan...we have big problems.

Can’t wait until they reduce the capacity of JMA, it will make me feel better when a game like this has 40K or whatever. It’s Clemson, it’s Homecoming, we are 4-0 and there are only two home games left after this, one of those being on Thanksgiving Weekend.

Not really helping to beat a dead horse and preach to the choir, but the guys on the Mob podcast implying their disappointment with the crowd sides is embarrassing. I get that the economy is garbage, gas is $4 and many people are struggling- but compared to other stadiums and schools facing those same community issues it’s a bad look

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuselegend

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom