Clemson Attendance Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Attendance Thread

Not really helping to beat a dead horse and preach to the choir, but the guys on the Mob podcast implying their disappointment with the crowd sides is embarrassing. I get that the economy is garbage, gas is $4 and many people are struggling- but compared to other stadiums and schools facing those same community issues it’s a bad look
The players are begging the community to support the program. It's a shame really more people find reasons to say no rather than open themselves to a fun experience.

Just tell the casuals there will be nachos and lots of aisles to walk up and down constantly. They will like that.

Map does look a little better today. As someone pointed out, looks like Clemson fans are offloading their tickets in the visitors section. A lot of resale tickets. A strong push before Saturday gets us to 45k.

Not really helping to beat a dead horse and preach to the choir, but the guys on the Mob podcast implying their disappointment with the crowd sides is embarrassing. I get that the economy is garbage, gas is $4 and many people are struggling- but compared to other stadiums and schools facing those same community issues it’s a bad look
maybe they should look around at the 5 yr avg of attendance

we are right in line with a ton of pretty big schools like 62% of capacity and we had been ok not great.. We also dont have a ton of grads to fill it up.

we are around 50th in attendance an about 62% full.

last year we had 40k. the top 20 schools are at 50K or more. A bunch of them are in the 60-75% full range..

40K would but us inside the top 40 and considering stadium size that would be pretty good.. We cant throw a 75k crowd at the problem.

Duke is having a great run.. they avg 50% or about 18k the last 5 yrs.

If we get a few yrs of success and get back to 40K that will be like 90% full once the seats are installed.

Map does look a little better today. As someone pointed out, looks like Clemson fans are off loading their tickets in the visitors section. A lot of resale tickets. A strong push before Saturday gets us to 45k.
we have a ton of work to get to 45k as of this morning.

I don't think closing practices and regulating the media to warm up drills helps attendance. (and then the articles they write require a subscription)...but the team is so closed off the interest level of the casuals is long gone. Apathy.

The basketball team has already put out more substantial video in the last couple of days than the football team does all of august.

Sorry but if Babers wants more fans they need to be more engaged with practices and the community and hammer social media. Remember when they used to have big fan fests and big signing day events. Long gone.

Last edited:
I don't think closing practices and regulating the media to warm up drills helps attendance. (and then the articles they write require a subscription)...but the team is so closed off the interest level of the casuals is long gone. Apathy.

The basketball team has already put out more substantial video out in a couple of days than the football team does all of august.

Sorry but if Babers wants more fans they need to be more engaged with practices and the community and hammer social media. Remember when they used to have big fan fests and big signing day events. Long gone.

98.5 % of the schools close practice to fans and limit media access. Subscription articles are up to Syracuse.com not SU.

Looking forward to the capacity reduction. Solves this issue and will be easier to move throughout the building with even a full house.
To the contrary, does SU raise the prices and by how much in order to cover lost capacity?

To the point about players bringing up the crowd on the podcast, I think it's refreshing that they're candid about topics like that. I watch it on television and if I'm in the ESPN production truck, I'm relaying the message to not show any shots of the upper deck.

To the contrary, does SU raise the prices and by how much in order to cover lost capacity?

To the point about players bringing up the crowd on the podcast, I think it's refreshing that they're candid about topics like that. I watch it on television and if I'm in the ESPN production truck, I'm relaying the message to not show any shots of the upper deck.

We don't know next year's schedule yet. Looking at this season we might have zero games impacted by the reduction so no lost revenue. It isn't like we are getting large crowds and losing fans.

I think ticketmaster dumped all of the tickets to show as available now... seems like more are available than yesterday. Need a good final push these last few days

Per the U.S. Census Bureau, the population in Onondaga County is almost exactly the same as it was in 1980. There might not be as much demand for the product, but it’s not due to less available potential ticket buyers.
There’s more to demographics and marketplaces than just headcount.

My guess is real potential ticket buyers with 60 miles is down 30% from 30 years ago.

Same with potential interested alums over that span.

What was the attendance for Purdue last year? That crowd was insanely loud. When Caleb picked off the ball there was a pop that I’ve never heard before in the dome. It was absolutely insane how loud that was. I think the quality of the crowd is just as important as how many are there

IMO, and IMO only, people are accustomed to being connected. Whether it be cell service or wifi, people are connected as a baseline.

This is no longer a benefit, but table stakes for the experience.

I'm glad that it should be coming, but each event that it isn't available isn't great. But I'm sure it will coming.
Totally. And I'm not sitting there scrolling tiktok for 4 quarters. I'm trying to pop onto this forum here and there and send basic text messages to friends and family watching the same exact game. In fact, sometimes trying to shoot a message to a friend who is literally in the dome too about meeting up at half (last weekend..)!

Clemson being 2-2 instead of 4-0 has cost us 1-2,000 Clemson fans and 3-5,000 SU fans.
Clemson fans travel but not every yr to upstate ny. That crowd has gone every since the first couple times they played up here . our issue is almost none of the away fan bases has traveled this yr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom