Clemson Attendance Thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Attendance Thread

There’s more to demographics and marketplaces than just headcount.

My guess is real potential ticket buyers with 60 miles is down 30% from 30 years ago.

Same with potential interested alums over that span.

I don’t disagree with there being more to it, but I posted facts regarding population. Your 30% guess is just that - a guess.

I think the issue is quality of tv at home. so many more entertainment options and cost. any gven sat 30 yrs ago you might have had 2-3 games on to watch from home or go to the game.

Now you can be a fan of almost any team and sit home and watch it.

30 yrs ago many didnt even cable bills or cell phone bills or internet bills.. for a familu that can be $3-4-500 a month thats not going to buying tickets

What was the attendance for Purdue last year? That crowd was insanely loud. When Caleb picked off the ball there was a pop that I’ve never heard before in the dome. It was absolutely insane how loud that was. I think the quality of the crowd is just as important as how many are there

One of my favorite days of Syracuse football fandom

I think the issue is quality of tv at home. so many more entertainment options and cost. any gven sat 30 yrs ago you might have had 2-3 games on to watch from home or go to the game.

Now you can be a fan of almost any team and sit home and watch it.

30 yrs ago many didnt even cable bills or cell phone bills or internet bills.. for a familu that can be $3-4-500 a month thats not going to buying tickets

Yup there’s so much more to attendance issues than just demographics. Every game is on tv in HD that people can watch on a 70” screen that costs less than some season tickets. Entertainment options are a lot more plentiful. Oh and the football program has stunk for 20+ years, with some successful blips here and there.

Did we misplace the decibel meter thread ? I am kind surprised the local TV crew doesnt have one set up that just records for the big games and just see what it really sound like on the field. with all the bells and whistles these days you could easily figure out where in the dome it is the loudest and not really spend much to do it.. Find that section and promote it.

Don't mind me here 690. Just drinking a beer and enjoying the show. To clarify are you saying the 30% is incorrect or that Shandeezy was incorrect? I will hang up and listen. (Cusefan69 pops another beer).
Hahaha. You caught me before I erased it. I believe shandeezy is correct. And GoSU was wrong. But I get scared of Go, and tend to delete my responses that he might not like. And I’m not joking. Lol.

Yup there’s so much more to attendance issues than just demographics. Every game is on tv in HD that people can watch on a 70” screen that costs less than some season tickets. Entertainment options are a lot more plentiful. Oh and the football program has stunk for 20+ years, with some successful blips here and there.
As someone (I think elimunelson) said too - having virtually zero chance of winning a national title has to hurt too.

Back in the Graves, McNabb, etc. years we were considered a dark horse NC contender at times, and we beat almost every major college football program out there at some point between 87 and 01.

Now it’s like there’s a handful of the same programs every single year competing for the NC, and everyone else is just kinda participating.

Hoops is different. We get in the dance and have some momentum, and 75% of us will have us winning it all in our brackets.

Did we misplace the decibel meter thread ? I am kind surprised the local TV crew doesnt have one set up that just records for the big games and just see what it really sound like on the field. with all the bells and whistles these days you could easily figure out where in the dome it is the loudest and not really spend much to do it.. Find that section and promote it.
Agreed. The only thing I can think of is they’re afraid of being sued for someone’s hearing loss, if they promote unsafe noise levels like that.

i know households that make less than 60k a year that still buy bills seasons annually.

Inconsistent crowds have zero to do with demographics and region.

Its long term performance and the Athletic Department’s inability or straight unwillingness to expand marketing.

Its simple. Maybe we got gun shy on marketing and creating hype after the sh show 2019 was. Thats the only possibility that comes to mind

They had a decibel meter counter on the jumbotron last game during part of the game. First time I remember seeing it.

Also, not sure if it was real or made up numbers but it was there. Thought it was a good idea.

Clemson fans travel but not every yr to upstate ny. That crowd has gone every since the first couple times they played up here . our issue is almost none of the away fan bases has traveled this yr

Clemson will have 1/2 or less than what they had 2 years ago.

Hahaha. You caught me before I erased it. I believe shandeezy is correct. And GoSU was wrong. But I get scared of Go, and tend to delete my responses that he might not like. And I’m not joking. Lol.
Ha, no reason for.

Post away.

I’m not going to do the research on how much the population has changed, but it’s undeniable that it has. That is a big factor in what the true market is.

also agree that the stadium experience is losing to the home experience for a lot of people.

then add in that the program has struggled more often than not the last 20 years.

it’s not a formula that is going to result in overwhelming demand.

To the contrary, does SU raise the prices and by how much in order to cover lost capacity?

To the point about players bringing up the crowd on the podcast, I think it's refreshing that they're candid about topics like that. I watch it on television and if I'm in the ESPN production truck, I'm relaying the message to not show any shots of the upper deck.

There’s nothing to cover if no one is buying thosr seats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom