Clemson Attendance Thread | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Attendance Thread

Don’t shoot the messenger. I just spoke to an usher and he said announced crowd today will be around 40,000, but they only expect 30,000 actually in their seats. Last week there were less than 24,000 people in their seats. If true, it’s embarrassing for this community.
Couldn’t have been more wrong on this post. I love it when “ Don’t shoot the messenger” posts are blatantly off.

Truly the players and Dino need to not mention crowd size. The diehards will always be there, they’re speaking to the casuals, give the casuals a reason to want to show up. Because everytime they do all they get to see is the team lay an egg, fall over themselves with costly self inflicted mistakes, and mind boggling coaching decisions.

We desperately need the crowd reduction it’s happening everywhere in sports and should have come with the new roof sooner tbh.

Building only needs 30k to be loud and is uncomfortable with 50 and even our early 90s glory day games typically missed complete sellouts by a couple hundred. Let older fans and donors pay more for comfy seats then don’t change much in uppers those are the best seats anyway.

Every big game is full for the most part there’s nothing to see or quarrel over the fan support is good.

i love the obsession with our fanbase to blame itself for the attendance issue.

People are paid to drive demand and put people in the seats.

New dome

4-0

Potential all americans

Clemson

There’s so many angles to push this game.

Why dont we have a fan rally tonight, before gameday?

Why isn’t there anything happening in the community?
Because it not the 1950s

LOL so you think that they under announced the attendance?????

Come on now
That’s not what I said , I wasn’t questioning the number, just that it looked to be pretty full from what I could see.

I’m surprised it wasn’t more, that’s it.

That’s not what I said , I wasn’t questioning the number, just that it looked to be pretty full from what I could see.

I’m surprised it wasn’t more, that’s it.
I could have sworn it was more than 40k as well. Maybe it was the orange out factor but by the second quarter I could not see 10k empty seats.

I could have sworn it was more than 40k as well. Maybe it was the orange out factor but by the second quarter I could not see 10k empty seats.

IMG_1818.jpeg

The big issue was upper sidelines

It’s very chunky? up there. I think this is a product of weird pricing module up there for seasons

I'm pro Dino, but he needs to shut up about crowd size until he stops laying eggs every time a good crowd shows up .
I didn’t see anything post game - been busy after game. Did he really complain about the crowd today?

If only 41k was announced, then they’re probably only 38k there. There is always 3-5k no shows for every game.
I think there were fewer no shows. I would be surprised if actual attendance was close to 40k. Folks spread out but things filled in nicely. 43k will be a perfect number going forward. The concourses aren’t suitable for 49k people anyways.

Regardless of the final count, it was noticeably loud on television. The commentators kept saying how deafening it was. Too bad the fans couldn't be sent home happy. It is a true home field advantage when they're engaged and have something worth cheering for.
Crowd was engaged right from the start surprisingly. Noon starts usually take a bit before people get off their hands.

Had the same thought, but the population impact is likely 5-10 years down the road.
Let’s hope in 5-10 years we’re complaining that we can’t expand. That would mean we likely have a chair when the music stops.

This is actually pretty interesting. If I am a defensive coordinator for SU, I would actually think of giving a lot of false looks and pre-snap movement to try and force audible/play calling When The Dome is rocking like yesterday.

Still convinced the vast majority of college QB’s can’t recognize it. Frankly, 2 of 3 of the Clemson false starts occurred when The Dome was at its “quietest”.

SUOrange44

That’s also part of the problem. The University all does a poor job of promoting their product to not only Syracuse but also surrounding areas. You don’t see SU on the news enough. (Utica, Rome) anywhere like that you hear about hockey or some other sport I could care less about
The University since Shaw was Chancellor hasn't cared about the local fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom