Clemson Game Thread | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Game Thread

CuseLegacy

DMBZdXqU8AAXIyO.jpg

Like in any game of this magnitude...you have to punch them in the mouth a couple of times and take their best punch to get them thinking instead of being confident. 2 things worry me. SU marching down and scoring and then Clemson getting a 50+ score to answer. Can't let that happen. 2...their darn DL. If SU were to win... it might be a 20-16 (lot's of fg's) type game where the D plays out of their minds and Clemson's O make multiple mistakes.

I fully expect us to either turn it over immediately, give up a special teams TD, or a bomb first few plays, because that is what we do especially on national TV.

Then we will mount the comeback, like we have done a lot of this year.

I fully expect us to either turn it over immediately, give up a special teams TD, or a bomb first few plays, because that is what we do especially on national TV.

Then we will mount the comeback, like we have done a lot of this year.

That does seem to be the MO but SU didn't win. The VT game last year is the bar that needs to be set.

We need to be +3 in the turnover category.

That would be nice.

I think we're going to go deep on offense quite a bit. Need to hit big plays, or draw PI. The longer drives against this D is just more chances that their DL will make something really bad happen.

That would be nice.

I think we're going to go deep on offense quite a bit. Need to hit big plays, or draw PI. The longer drives against this D is just more chances that their DL will make something really bad happen.
The problem with throwing deep is that you need time. Hopefully the OL is up to the task.

First play pump fake the WR screen, bomb, touchdown.

Big fan of the pump fake. That said a pump fake and sack also could happen. Stay tuned Cuse fans for the exciting conclusion!

They tried to go deep a lot last week and Dungey was missing badly. That combined with a much better pass rush and secondary does not bode well.

"This is my type of football. Two football teams, each with a head coach, playing the game of football against each other for 60 minutes on a regulation football field. This game will come down to one thing: Whoever is able to take the football, move that football in the direction of their opponent's end zone, and then score a greater combination of touchdowns, field goals and safeties than the other football team, that's the team who'll probably end up winning."

"This is my type of football. Two football teams, each with a head coach, playing the game of football against each other for 60 minutes on a regulation football field. This game will come down to one thing: Whoever is able to take the football, move that football in the direction of their opponent's end zone, and then score a greater combination of touchdowns, field goals and safeties than the other football team, that's the team who'll probably end up winning."
Amongst our weaponry ...

Need to keep it close in the first quarter to keep the fans into it. If we start out 0-7, 0-14 the casual fans will say "same old Syracuse"...

Has the tailgating started? (So jealous of everyone going tonight)

Like in any game of this magnitude...you have to punch them in the mouth a couple of times and take their best punch to get them thinking instead of being confident. 2 things worry me. SU marching down and scoring and then Clemson getting a 50+ score to answer. Can't let that happen. 2...their darn DL. If SU were to win... it might be a 20-16 (lot's of fg's) type game where the D plays out of their minds and Clemson's O make multiple mistakes.

All we heard about LSU and NCSU was how dominate their d lines were. We still did pretty well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom