Clemson Postgame thoughts... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Postgame thoughts...

I’m just sick to my stomach after this game, to give the game to them like that is Just heartbreaking

People need to lighten up, before the season, 80% of the board would have been happy with 6-6 and a bowl. 7 weeks in we're in the Top 20 and still in play for a New Year's 6. Sure I'm disappointed but there is a ton left to play for. I hope we come out breathing fire vs. ND next week and take them to the woodshed.

Last edited:
No matter what Fuentes does for the rest of his career here, he can’t make up for what he cost us.
I know we’re all frustrated and angry but this statement isn’t fair or true.

In the old days they let that go. He def deserved a flag but it was less flagrant than the one they didn’t call for Shrader.

I know we’re all frustrated and angry but this statement isn’t fair or true.

In the old days they let that go. He def deserved a flag but it was less flagrant than the one they didn’t call for Shrader.
Again, not my best moment.

Dude he’s running a deep slant or a square in. He’s running a pattern to the middle of the field. He has to slide down to stop his forward mo and catch a ball that is a yard behind him and a foot off the ground.

This still is the initial pattern.

View attachment 221424
It isn't a deep slant. The ball wasn't behind him. He decides to slide to try to catch it. I don't think it was a good pass though Cooper has to make the catch. We will have to agree to disagree here.

Confirmed. #64 on Clemson pushed Fuentes. Watch the second replay after the actual infraction. It obvious that Fuentes cannot stop himself.
Meh. I defended Fuentes in an earlier post but I don’t think he was pushed into the QB. I saw the replay live and he just took a shot at the QB. He wasn’t pulling up or forced to hit him.

Having the number 1 QB recruit in the nation as your backup makes having those nads a bit easier.
I don't really think that Lawrence or DJU (at least so far) improved as QBs in their college careers. Makes me wonder what kind of coaching they're getting at Clemson.

No matter what Fuentes does for the rest of his career here, he can’t make up for what he cost us.
He had a costly play in one game of a very good season, not a penalty on the last play of the game in the National Championship. Jeesh. Who knows how it would've played out if he doesn't make that penalty. Our defense was gassed and was getting chewed up in the 4th.

I don't really think that Lawrence or DJU (at least so far) improved as QBs in their college careers. Makes me wonder what kind of coaching they're getting at Clemson.
They just get all the best athletes and out meathead everyone. That’s all most of those factories do. They don’t “produce” pros, they recruit them.

Dude he’s running a deep slant or a square in. He’s running a pattern to the middle of the field. He has to slide down to stop his forward mo and catch a ball that is a yard behind him and a foot off the ground.

This still is the initial pattern.

View attachment 221424
There’s a reason the ball was there. It’s a perfect throw. Your still shows why

They just get all the best athletes and out meathead everyone. That’s all most of those factories do. They don’t “produce” pros, they recruit them.
Gotta say, im going to implement the term “out meathead everyone” into my general use lexicon

He had a costly play in one game of a very good season, not a penalty on the last play of the game in the National Championship. Jeesh. Who knows how it would've played out if he doesn't make that penalty. Our defense was gassed and was getting chewed up in the 4th.

We do know they would have had to punt instead of scoring a TD. I'll take that trade every time.

We do know they would have had to punt instead of scoring a TD. I'll take that trade every time.
Of course, but to damn a kid's entire career because of one play in the 7th game of a season? That's just stupid.

You call for Shrader to be benched each of the last 16 games

No actually I haven’t but it’s ok to call a spade a spade. Shrader is below average QB. If he wasn’t a tough SOB and couldn’t run the way he does he’d be the 3rd string quarterback on this team. We are where we are because the coaches have done a decent job of scheming to his strengths

Honestly he deserves it, his clock management is indefensible, even TheCusian and other Dino diehards will admit it. Its absurd how bad he is
Thanks for the shout, Jer

Like most games where a team loses a one score game, you can slop blame on about 10-15 things including pretty bad time management. Unlike the plays last year, where it was a 50/50 call - waiting to call the TO was no bueno

No actually I haven’t but it’s ok to call a spade a spade. Shrader is below average QB. If he wasn’t a tough SOB and couldn’t run the way he does he’d be the 3rd string quarterback on this team. We are where we are because the coaches have done a decent job of scheming to his strengths
Below average pocket passer? Or below average QB?

His running alone makes him at least average even if he couldn’t throw at all. He’ll look horrible at times and make some amazing plays.

All in all I think he’s above average-good.

Since I’ve been old enough to follow, I’m probably only taking Graves, McNabb, Nassib, and Dungey over him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom