Clemson ticket sales at the moment. | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson ticket sales at the moment.

Gotta love all these faux leave raking posts. Never heard one person say they weren't going to a game because the had to take leaves. It falls about #937 on the list of reasons. I suspect those that keep saying that, even mockingly, don't know the real reasons nor have any answers.
It's a joke, Bees. I believe it was started by Ithaca Barrel back in the day. Lighten up. :)

They said on the radio this morning there could be 20,000 Clemson fans- at least 40% of the crowd. In our building wearing our colors rooting for their team wearing our colors- while we come out in blue. If they jump out to a lead and SU fans start to leave, it could get real ugly.

Ticket office has been working all week to move the remaining tickets. They are very confident that they will be reaching a sellout.
They said on the radio this morning there could be 20,000 Clemson fans- at least 40% of the crowd. In our building wearing our colors rooting for their team wearing our colors- while we come out in blue. If they jump out to a lead and SU fans start to leave, it could get real ugly.

20,000 clemson fans? No chance. They may travel well but that's ridiculous.

What's the most that PSU ever brought?

No way no how - about 4-5k max.

No way in helllllllll

iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

A very arbitrary measure i have been using is the number of medium blue sections (meaning moderate availability)...down to 9...a couple less than when I woke up today. I think 306 was one of the ones that just turned...

Note- its a pretty shitty measure as 1 seat in a section shows the same as 30-40...but still an easy way to look at the big picture.

Down to 7 "moderate" sections... 335 and 327 starting to fill in nicely...

0% chance. If they were bringing 20k, they wouldnt have returned 300 of their 3000 allotment. I do expect 5k+ though.

They said Clemson fans were buying up SU tickets from the Dome office, which doesn't ask who you are a fan of, in addition to the tickets their schools was allotted to sell. And since they wear orange, they may be able to "hide" in any section and not stand out.

They said Clemson fans were buying up SU tickets from the Dome office, which doesn't ask who you are a fan of, in addition to the tickets their schools was allotted to sell. And since they wear orange, they may be able to "hide" in any section and not stand out.

How then would they know this?

Sorry, but NBA basketball isn't a "zillion" times more popular than anything, especially not college football...but college football packs a lot of bars here on Saturdays. NBA basketball does not.
The NBA doesn't have to "pack bars," they pack arenas. The Knicks sell out almost every night when they're LOSING, and when they're winning, fuhgetaboutit!

And those packed bars you speak of are patronized by transplants congregating w/ fellow alums to cheer on their alma maters. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that but it's not like those are native New Yorkers packing those bars. In New York City, where I was born and raised, college football just isn't nearly as popular as the NBA. It's not even close, bro, and if you live here, I don't even know how you can dispute that?

Now personally, I LOVE college football and have been a Syracuse fan since I was kid. But I'm the exception, not the rule when it comes to my family, friends and business colleagues. Most of the folks I know could give a rat's ass about college football.

But let the Knicks make a playoff run or let it just be NBA playoff time period, and this city goes b-ball crazy. That's a fact. College football NEVER creates that kind of buzz in the city. Just listen to sports radio in NY, college football is RARELY ever the topic of conversation. Hockey gets more coverage than college football and hockey doesn't get that much coverage, either.

Bottom line: this is a pro sports sports region of the country and the NBA, NFL, MLB and arguably even the NHL all exceed college football in popularity.

Gotta love all these faux leave raking posts. Never heard one person say they weren't going to a game because the had to take leaves. It falls about #937 on the list of reasons. I suspect those that keep saying that, even mockingly, don't know the real reasons nor have any answers.
I remember a thread a couple of years back where a "casual" fan said that she could not attend that weekend's game because she had a lot of leaves that needed to be raked and could only get to it on Saturday and therefore, could not devote 4 hours to an SU game. A troll? Maybe, but I believe that is where this whole saga started.

who on the radio said that?

they seriously deserve to be fired. that is the most ridiculous thing ive ever read on a forum. re-read that last statement - because that is also a ridiculous comment to make.

So 50k dome capacity - 20-25k SU fans that have been at Wagner/Tulane (thank you locals & die hards) + 5-10k seats sold that were empty for those that should be at the Clemson game + SU numurous out of towners traveling in groups. Clemson will travel very well but there were never 20K tickets avail to begin with.

I remember a thread a couple of years back where a "casual" fan said that she could not attend that weekend's game because she had a lot of leaves that needed to be raked and could only get to it on Saturday and therefore, could not devote 4 hours to an SU game. A troll? Maybe, but I believe that is where this whole saga started.

She came on posting holier than thou about how her time was so important and she couldnt make the game. It was a cry for vindication of self importance, posted very much on the wrong forum, and then she got upset when she got blasted for the statement. I expect her at a football game never.

Make that 6...

Yes! Should be sold out by early evening! SU better have enough beer on hand!

Welcome to the LOUDHOUSE!

EDIT: Are we allowed to say LOUDHOUSE again? Havent really felt when saying it was really a true statement to say it since the 90s.

Yes! Should be sold out by early evening! SU better have enough beer on hand!

Welcome to the LOUDHOUSE! Go Orange!

I don't know that I would go that far (although I certainly appreciate the optimism!). Cant see anything close to a sellout without a really solid walkup...

Keep in mind there are more than 6 sections with tickets...but there are only six that have any significant quantity...

I don't know that I would go that far (although I certainly appreciate the optimism!). Cant see anything close to a sellout without a really solid walkup...

Keep in mind there are more than 6 sections with tickets...but there are only six that have any significant quantity...

We will do it!

Anyway doesnt that mean about 15,000 Clemson fans will be without tickets?

Great news on the attendance sounds like the Dome will be near capacity. Only downside is if this game gets out of hand early, the crowd may flee and it will definitely hurt future attendance. Really hope Syracuse can keep this a game and keep things interesting. The only downside to the attendance is the hallways/concourses are goign to be a disaster, not looking forward to that mass of humanity.

Curious...when and why did the max attendance drop below 50K? Were there renovations that cost seats? Did fire codes / capacity limits change?

Curious...when and why did the max attendance drop below 50K? Were there renovations that cost seats? Did fire codes / capacity limits change?

They modified a few seats I believe, we ended up losing several hundred putting the capacity under 50K.

they took a few hundred seats out to add the single ticket luxury boxes.