Clemson ticket sales at the moment. | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson ticket sales at the moment.

yep, that guaranteed money is nothing. fact of the matter is, if we can't sell out against the #3 team in the country in our first game in the ACC there's something seriously wrong.

Home games like this one are what bring fans out - winning games like this is what keeps them coming back. You have not been a fan of the program long enough to realize that nothing is seriously wrong that hasn't already been wrong in the past 20 years. Win and fans show up. Anything less and they don't. That's the bottom line. And that's the city of Syracuse, right or wrong. Has been for years.

They can move games all they want (and give away home games all they want), but unless they win the fans won't show. Pricing structure may be part of it, economy may be part of it, but if you win games and provide exciting entertainment fans will come.

And (shudder) I agree with 'bees. You keep moving the Notre Dame/Penn State/USC games to neutral sites, and unless you win consistently you won't be helping attendance by having just the Tulane's and Wagner's of the world.

Butts in the seats is what really matters, as we've all seen the past stated attendance figures.
Every attendance figure you have ever seen is tickets sold, not "butts in the seats." It makes me laugh the number of times I see this mentioned on this forum as if Syracuse University is the only entity in the world that announces attendance as tickets sold.

The (alleged) $5 million payout we receive for the MetLife games is probably more money that we would make even in a sold out Dome. So linking not being able to sell out the Dome with moving games to MetLife doesn't really hold water.

Lets see 40,000@125 avg ticket=5mil. HYow can the met guarantee 5mil and open the doors. Rumors only not economic sense.

yep, that guaranteed money is nothing. fact of the matter is, if we can't sell out against the #3 team in the country in our first game in the ACC there's something seriously wrong.

That money is something. And SU chose the money over Dome attendance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have all the Meadowland haters been to an SU game down there? Its a great game day experience and you should try it next year for the ND game. Coincidentally, it will help the program too. Just a thought.

In their favor, the Meadowlands has big parking lots in which to tailgate, although the parking is crazy expensive ($40?). I have been to a couple SU games there, although I did not go down for Penn State this year. I had a great time, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING, compares to the noise we can generate in the Dome. Florida State in 2004 was ranked #8 in the country when they came up here and the crowd very nearly willed us to victory. I hope we score early and can limit their big plays. Toss in a couple timely turnovers, and this could be a great game.

Lets see 40,000@125 avg ticket=5mil. HYow can the met guarantee 5mil and open the doors. Rumors only not economic sense.
Maybe that was for the 3 years?

That money is something. And SU chose the money over Dome attendance.
Everyone who takes this position needs to stop crying. Clemson is a better home game than PSU in the meadowlands. Next year is FSU at home. Jesus christ the people of CNY are such crybabies. Not necessarily talking about you but I just want to rant about the topic.

To give our fans another excuse not to show up to regular home games. I love the new excuse: well they move the best game ever year to New York, why should I buy season tickets for them

-

Well it weakens the home schedule. Add that to the ever increasing costs for preferred seats and the so so program vs the 90's and you have your answer.,

I'd hope this thread would continue to focus on the actual count and anticipated attendance number for this saturday as opposed to devolving into the Metlife argument. The players enjoy it, it's a great recruiting tool for kids who like the idea of being able to play a game in an NFL stadium.

The one gripe I do have is that I wish the game was included in the season ticket package, that's all.

Have all the Meadowland haters been to an SU game down there? Its a great game day experience and you should try it next year for the ND game. Coincidentally, it will help the program too. Just a thought.

Yes

Everyone who takes this position needs to stop crying. Clemson is a better home game than PSU in the meadowlands. Next year is FSU at home. Jesus christ the people of CNY are such crybabies. Not necessarily talking about you but I just want to rant about the topic.

Well I am one of those crybabies because I am right. Sure we will play Clemson or FSU in the Done every year but I'm not talking a single conference game. After awhile they can get stake too. Even in the BE we played BE teams who were top 10. But the OOC games are a big factor too. I am sure you know the type of teams we used to bring in. We are now moving our 14 biggest OOC games to the Met. We aren't going to play Temple at the met. Hopefully saner heads prevail in the long run.

yes i went both years. your point? I consider it a better game day experience when there is a big time team coming to our house. Give me Clemson this week over the Penn State game 100 times out of 100. not even close.

yes i went both years. your point? I consider it a better game day experience when there is a big time team coming to our house. Give me Clemson this week over the Penn State game 100 times out of 100. not even close.

Plus just being in Joisey is one big pain in the ass!

I'd hope this thread would continue to focus on the actual count and anticipated attendance number for this saturday as opposed to devolving into the Metlife argument. The players enjoy it, it's a great recruiting tool for kids who like the idea of being able to play a game in an NFL stadium.

The one gripe I do have is that I wish the game was included in the season ticket package, that's all.

you are just dead wrong if you think Metlife is a recruiting tool. Oh man.
Ok, back to the attendance talk...

1st - 135
2nd - 514
3rd - 2,416

46,196! Broke 46k.

^That is awesome but I don't think it is completely accurate for the third level. I think the number is more like 4,100 for the 3rd level with the holds being opened in 306 & 307 and alternating row in other areas.

This means 44,513. I think we will have one last surge tomorrow on pay day and the rest of today up to 45.5k on by friday night. 1k walk up on saturday for homecoming...

This means my prediction is 46.5k ! I hope its rumbling!

Go Orange!

1st - 135
2nd - 514
3rd - 2,416

46,196! Broke 46k.

^That is awesome but I don't think it is completely accurate for the third level. I think the number is more like 4,100 for the 3rd level with the holds being opened in 306 & 307 and alternating row in other areas.

This means 44,513. I think we will have one last surge tomorrow on pay day and the rest of today up to 45.5k on by friday night. 1k walk up on saturday for homecoming...

This means my prediction is 46.5k ! I hope its rumbling!

Go Orange!
Actually the numbers are still climbing despite the addition of hundreds of new seats . I think those numbers are extremely good , we are matching the additional seats and then some I am going 48 plus

Actually the numbers are still climbing despite the addition of hundreds of new seats . I think those numbers are extremely good , we are matching the additional seats and then some I am going 48 plus

I like it! I agree its a good sign they are still climbing while opening new seats but I still think we have some they havnt opened like I said.

I like it! I agree its a good sign they are still climbing while opening new seats but I still think we have some they havnt opened like I said.
Im sure we havent, but the rate of sales has picked up. Th e West End Zone is nearly sold out now ( upper deck )

yup. This move is no different than when Tulane or Wagner take a pay day knowing they will get thumped here. Why does SU have to stoop to that level? It sucks.

Who are we, South Alabama? Lord i hope not
Thought Tulane was a 1-1?

BINGO. And people do have every right to be disgusted that our best home game is 4 hours away from Syracuse each year.

Our best home game is at home this year. And our best home game will be at home every year. Clemson and Florida St will alternate so one of them will be at home every year. And that should be our best home game every year correct?

And people please stop saying we got the ACC money now we don't need Metlife money. Metlife is a signed contract. We signed that contract before we joined the ACC when the program needed the money DUE TO LACK OF HOME ATTENDANCE. Cause and effect like Bees was saying. The locals didn't show up which caused Dr Gross to look else where to make money for the program. Now that the program is in the ACC and on the way back up people are crying because we have to play a home game in Metlife. It works both ways.

Our best home game is at home this year. And our best home game will be at home every year. Clemson and Florida St will alternate so one of them will be at home every year. And that should be our best home game every year correct?

And people please stop saying we got the ACC money now we don't need Metlife money. Metlife is a signed contract. We signed that contract before we joined the ACC when the program needed the money DUE TO LACK OF HOME ATTENDANCE. Cause and effect like Bees was saying. The locals didn't show up which caused Dr Gross to look else where to make money for the program. Now that the program is in the ACC and on the way back up people are crying because we have to play a home game in Metlife. It works both ways.
I accept it was done because we need the money, doesn't mean i like it .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom