Clemson ticket sales at the moment. | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson ticket sales at the moment.

Our best home game is at home this year. And our best home game will be at home every year. Clemson and Florida St will alternate so one of them will be at home every year. And that should be our best home game every year correct?

And people please stop saying we got the ACC money now we don't need Metlife money. Metlife is a signed contract. We signed that contract before we joined the ACC when the program needed the money DUE TO LACK OF HOME ATTENDANCE. Cause and effect like Bees was saying. The locals didn't show up which caused Dr Gross to look else where to make money for the program. Now that the program is in the ACC and on the way back up people are crying because we have to play a home game in Metlife. It works both ways.
I agree except the part about the locals. Let's face it, the only fans there were the locals. They showed up and alumni didn't support their team. I think the purpose of Metlife games is not to get alumni to go to Metlife. It's to get alumni to go to the dome some day.

Our best home game is at home this year. And our best home game will be at home every year. Clemson and Florida St will alternate so one of them will be at home every year. And that should be our best home game every year correct?

And people please stop saying we got the ACC money now we don't need Metlife money. Metlife is a signed contract. We signed that contract before we joined the ACC when the program needed the money DUE TO LACK OF HOME ATTENDANCE. Cause and effect like Bees was saying. The locals didn't show up which caused Dr Gross to look else where to make money for the program. Now that the program is in the ACC and on the way back up people are crying because we have to play a home game in Metlife. It works both ways.

Overall, your point is fair enough... but NO, our best game would not have been at home last year when we played USC at Metlife, and NO, it would not be at home next year with Notre Dame. I understand why it was done by Gross, it was a money grab. But it hasnt helped the program. It just hasnt.

Life goes on...

I have 6 seats purchased though Clemson in 314...bet it's going to be hot up there!!

The sign of a good fanbase is when your fans reach the upper deck (300 level) of our away section.

Only two Big East teams ever did. West Virginia (occasionally) and Virginia Tech (often).

Others who have overflowed up there since the 90s include (in no particular order): Tennessee, ND, Michigan, Florida, Florida State, Texas, Ohio State, Auburn, Penn State. Maybe Oklahoma too, but I recall thataway section not being as full as I expected. Played them in that mediocre period between Switzer and Stoops.

Good company to be in.

Well I am one of those crybabies because I am right. Sure we will play Clemson or FSU in the Done every year but I'm not talking a single conference game. After awhile they can get stake too. Even in the BE we played BE teams who were top 10. But the OOC games are a big factor too. I am sure you know the type of teams we used to bring in. We are now moving our 14 biggest OOC games to the Met. We aren't going to play Temple at the met. Hopefully saner heads prevail in the long run.

Bees I hear what your saying. I am one of those season ticket holders who accepts the Metlife games and loves making that trip. I can deal going to Metlife and being outnumbered 3 to 1 in attendance.
It was seeing half the Dome in blue and white in our last home game with PSU that kills me. Maybe we chased the money in New Jersey and maybe it moved us closer to our goals for upgrades. But if we fill the Dome
Saturday and show what we can do as a fan base at home, I am jumping on your bandwagon.

Overall, your point is fair enough... but NO, our best game would not have been at home last year when we played USC at Metlife, and NO, it would not be at home next year with Notre Dame. I understand why it was done by Gross, it was a money grab. But it hasnt helped the program. It just hasnt.

Life goes on...
Playing Devil's advocate here, how do you know the money hasn't helped the program? I am assuming that the money is going back into the program, such as for additional coaches' salaries, equipment upgrades, IPF, travel (paying for the whole team to go to MetLife and stay in a nice hotel;)) etc.

The sign of a good fanbase is when your fans reach the upper deck (300 level) of our away section.

Only two Big East teams ever did. West Virginia (occasionally) and Virginia Tech (often).

Others who have overflowed up there since the 90s include (in no particular order): Tennessee, ND, Michigan, Florida, Florida State, Texas, Ohio State, Auburn, Penn State. Maybe Oklahoma too, but I recall thataway section not being as full as I expected. Played them in that mediocre period between Switzer and Stoops.

Good company to be in.
I recall there being some Minny fans up there in '09 - not nearly full, however.

They should start charging fat people for two seats - since they end up taking up most of two seats on our stupid benches anyway. If they did that for this game, we would have sold out weeks ago.
i prefer the word robust myself

Matt Park was not very enthusiastic when asked about the fan excitement surrounding this game and he refused to discuss ticket sales on Upon Further Review. Just said there are tickets available so go buy them.

Matt Park was not very enthusiastic when asked about the fan excitement surrounding this game and he refused to discuss ticket sales on Upon Further Review. Just said there are tickets available so go buy them.

Matt Park can shove it.

i'm interested in seeing the type of fans Clemson brings. my favorite visiting fan base by far was Tennessee. those folks showed up on thursday in RV's and stayed till sunday. old women knitting next to a keg discussing our back up lb's. They set the gold standard.

i'm interested in seeing the type of fans Clemson brings. my favorite visiting fan base by far was Tennessee. those folks showed up on thursday in RV's and stayed till sunday. old women knitting next to a keg discussing our back up lb's. They set the gold standard.
My buddy just called me from Charlotte airport. There were dozens of Clem on his plane home. Also got a call from 81N near Lafayette there were 3 car loads coming up decked out in tiger orange. And today's only Thursday. Good stuff

Guys, lots of arguing going on in this thread about Metlife, high ticket prices, yadda yadda...

Let's take a quick look at the real cause.. The GRob hire and subsequent 10 wins in 4 seasons essentially alienated the SU fanbase. Runs like that 4 year run have a severe lasting impact on a fanbase. That was followed by 4-8, 8-5, 5-7, 8-5. The first 8-5 season excited the diehards, but still 2-4 at home. 2-4 at home and 30K crowds doesn't excite a local fanbase. The 5-7 season eroded a bit of the excitement that winning the previous season bowl game generated. Last season, SU went 4-1 at home and to a bowl game, but the 30K+ crowds don't really make the gameday atmosphere all that inviting. This season, Wagner and Tulane and an 0-2 start doesn't exactly scream come to the Dome. The game experience for the casual fan at those games isn't the best because there are so many empty seats. The fact that they won big in those games is the only reason there will be north of 42K+ for this game at all.

This weekend there will be 45K+ in the Dome. If the team is competitive, win or lose, the fans will be loud. That atmosphere breeds excitement for a fanbase. This experience is one that people would take home with them and be excited about. That encourages people to buy tickets to games later in the year. If SU wins, you can bet we'll see another 43K+ crowd this season.

SU can market the hell out of any game and it really may not be to the benefit. SU needs a win here to really excite the fanbase again.

Lose big and you can forget another 38K+ crowd until next season.

My buddy just called me from Charlotte airport. There were dozens of Clem on his plane home. Also got a call from 81N near Lafayette there were 3 car loads coming up decked out in tiger orange. And today's only Thursday. Good stuff
I know of at least 9 people coming from the DC area that are Tiger fans. That said, I don't know many Tiger fans, so that's 90% of Tiger fans that I know.

Matt Park can shove it.
I don't know what planet Matt Park is living on but everyone I know is excited about the game. Maybe he knows that there are 10,000 + unsold tickets but he certainly was not to happy about the football fans in this town.

The highlight of the show was Coach Shafer. They should just have him do an advertisement for the game because he could sell the friggin place out on his own. He makes me want to head up to the Dome now!!!

They should start charging fat people for two seats - since they end up taking up most of two seats on our stupid benches anyway. If they did that for this game, we would have sold out weeks ago.
Fatism :D

I read on the Clemson board over the summer that they were going to circle this game on the schedule. The were looking forward to the fall foliage, the Carrier Dome and a close trip to Cooperstown. Many of them have never been this close to Cooperstown. With the game at 3:30 they can do both on Saturday. It's looks like a few are already here. The atmosphere for this game should be great and a lot of fun. It's been great just hearing people talking about SU football again. I have no doubt that coach Shafer is going to get us to where we want to go. We might find out on Saturday that we are already there!!!!!

UPDATE:

1ST- 103!
2ND- 455
3RD- 2,014! (I still think there are some available that aren't open for sale. Tickets are moving fast though!!!)

46,690!! Over 600 tickets old in 5 hours!!:eek:

LETS GO
Nice ! 48 k is obtainable

UPDATE:

1ST- 103!
2ND- 455
3RD- 2,014! (I still think there are some available that aren't open for sale. Tickets are moving fast though!!!)

46,690!! 600 tickets sold in 5 hours!!:eek:

LETS GO
It's hard to figure out what they are doing in terms of opening up blocks of tickets on Ticketmaster since the are selling Row ZZ on the sides of the stadium but appear to be holding back seats in the upper rows of 305 - 307.

No matter what it's going to be great to see the first two levels of the Dome packed with fans. The atmosphere should be fantastic !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom