Clemson TV: Noon / ABC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson TV: Noon / ABC

Going to call my shot here… I think we still have a chance at college gameday (deja vu x3 I know). But looking at the lines for this week, I think there’s a very good chance Clemson upsets Florida state which will catapult them back into the rankings. Plus since Clemson has already played UNC and they play FSU this week (which many thought would be gameday preseason), why not us?
They have not played UNC. They lost to Duke.

I guess looking at what we had to choose from network wise, I’ll take it. Never were in discussion for ABC at night.

If anyone has a line on a cargo/passenger van to use that day please let me know. I really need one, or something like it, and I don't want to pay $200 for an extra day from Hertz now that we would have to pick it up on Friday night instead of Saturday morning.

Last edited:
Killer again for west coast. No game watches that day. Too early.

If anyone has a line on a cargo van to use that day please let me know. I really need one, or something like it, and I don't want to pay $200 for an extra day from Hertz now that we would have to pick it up on Friday night instead of Saturday morning.
I could be wrong but isn't Uhaul $20 per day?

So we get 5 pm for Colgate and 3:30 for western Michigan yet now being 3-0 we get nooners for Army and Clemson. I know we aren’t the only game of the week but make it make sense

Ugh wish I had been wrong but this screamed Nooner

So we get 5 pm for Colgate and 3:30 for western Michigan yet now being 3-0 we get nooners for Army and Clemson. I know we aren’t the only game of the week but make it make sense

It's different from a decade ago. TV wants its best games at 7-8 with the 2nd best at Noon. SUs a victim of its own success unfortunately.

The answer is the noon slot is not the GROB era noon slot. Even though we hate it, it’s seen as a big time slot. Noon on ABC

It's different from a decade ago. TV wants its best games at 7-8 with the 2nd best at Noon. SUs a victim of its own success unfortunately.
Why is that though? Obviously there is data that supports that but if I was watching on TV I'd want my morning and some part of the afternoon to get stuff done.

And Clemson's name still draws.

These games have almost always been competitive, so this isn't surprising.

If Fox didn't get the Big 10, none of this would be happening.

Last edited:
Why is that though? Obviously there is data that supports that but if I was watching on TV I'd want my morning and some part of the afternoon to get stuff done.
Fox decided to disrupt and put marquee games in the noon slot, so ESPN/ABC can't use it as filler any more.

The data must suggest that TV audiences don't want part of their afternoon to get stuff done.

And Clemson's name still draws.

These games have almost always been competitive, so this isn't surprising.

If Fox Sports didn't get the Big 10, none of this would be happening.

Yup 100%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom