Clemson TV: Noon / ABC | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson TV: Noon / ABC

Noon for Clemson was the about the only time slot that I couldn’t possibly make work - my daughter has a youth soccer game that will end around 10:30, 4hr drive…I could just make a 3:30PM kickoff.

Well…there’s still the Wake Forest game I guess…
Sucks to miss the SU game but I'm sure you know that you will never regret watching your kid play and she will always remember dad was in the stands for her. Time with your kids flies by waaay to fast. Enjoy her game.

It's different from a decade ago. TV wants its best games at 7-8 with the 2nd best at Noon. SUs a victim of its own success unfortunately.
Yep although I hardly ever watch them, apparently the pregame shows provide a really strong lead in so they want to keep the audience.

Yep although I hardly ever watch them, apparently the pregame shows provide a really strong lead in so they want to keep the audience.

I'm more apt to watch random noon college football games once the weather starts to turn. If it's a beautiful day in September and Cuse isn't playing, I'm not inside watching football.

I'm more apt to watch random noon college football games once the weather starts to turn. If it's a beautiful day in September and Cuse isn't playing, I'm not inside watching football.
I hardly ever watch any games any more that aren't SU or my parents alma maters, so I'm with you.

Should black out the game locally unless the Dome is sold out.

It is blacked out for DirecTV customers locally with it being on ABC, so maybe that will help getting a few extra butts in seats.

Hard to say to be honest. Assuming SU wins this weekend I definitely think 40K is doable but the Noon start will cause problems especially if Clemson falls to 2-2 this week with a loss to FSU. If Clemson is 2-2 not sure they are bringing the normal amount of fans they usually do. Certainly still more then we normally see from an opponent but I doubt it's as much as we are used to. My thought is probably low 40's, the Noon start is a killer. Only caveat to that is if SU starts essentially giving away tickets which I don't think will happen.
Next year low 40’s will be a sellout.

That's literally against the terms of the ACC's deal with Disney.

It's also a terrible idea in 2023. SU is making farrrrr more $$$ from the broadcast of this game than from another 8K people at the Dome.

Yup and congress (as dysfunctional as it is on both sides) has made it clear its not a fan o blackouts and is why the NFL essentially changed their policy. It would be an awful decision to try and blackout a game in 2023, this is isn't 1988.

It's also a terrible idea in 2023. SU is making farrrrr more $$$ from the broadcast of this game than from another 8K people at the Dome.
Totally understand. Just bitter about the game time. There is only so much vodka I can consume before noon.

Yup and congress (as dysfunctional as it is on both sides) has made it clear its not a fan o blackouts and is why the NFL essentially changed their policy. It would be an awful decision to try and blackout a game in 2023, this is isn't 1988.
True. And more than anything, blackouts don't really work, and they certainly wouldn't work in 2023.

I mean, with all of the entertainment options at people's disposal, the reaction to *having* to go to the Dome to see the Clemson game would be met with equal amounts of yawns and middle fingers.

Totally understand. Just bitter about the game time. There is only so much vodka I can consume before noon.
I get it.

I wish it were different but this has been the way for 30+ years running. TV programming schedules rule the roost.

This sucks. Makes losing the Pitt game to Yankee Stadium even worse thanks Wildhack.
I can’t wait to see our guys look like they have ice skates on because they have the wrong cleats on.

Silly to black out a tv show just because of the location of the studio.

It is blacked out for DirecTV customers locally with it being on ABC, so maybe that will help getting a few extra butts in seats.
IMG_2255.jpeg

Yankee games are blacked out all the time,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom