Coach K's "Amazing" Press Conference | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coach K's "Amazing" Press Conference

OK, lets put this in perspective. It IS amazing. I mean, be honest, how many of you thought the refs would allow Syracuse to win a 1 possession game at Cameron? Especially when they had a chance to call something, anything. I am just as amazed as K. It must be shocking to get the special treatment they get for decades -- and then for it not be there? Jarring, I am sure.

The Duke fans around me surely thought it was their game. Sweat? Stress? Nope. They thought it would happen. And it didn't.

Edit: I thought it would happen, too. But it didn't. The difference was I happened to be elated. Others around me in blue? Shell shocked. And it was a beautiful thing to witness. Oh... How beautiful?

And this is why I have no problem with Boeheim going Captain Insane-O against them a few years back.

Also, check out this paragraph from ESPN's recap:

Krzyzewski used the word "amazing" nine times while describing the end of the game in his postgame news conference. In the locker room afterward, Jones showed off a scratch shaped like a human mouth on his left hand that he said he acquired on that play.

"I can't really go to the ref and show him," Jones said.

That's right, college basketball. You are on notice. If you have mere seconds to try to win SYRACUSE WILL EAT YOU. LITERALLY EAT YOU.

Amazing.

That is unbelievable so he wants people to believe that he was being chewed on in those eternal last 2 seconds. If he didn't bite himself, I bet someone else had a pretty sore mouth/loose teeth from him smacking someone. Below you can watch that last play and SU players just gnawing away at poor Jones all the way down the court. :crazy:

OK, lets put this in perspective. It IS amazing. I mean, be honest, how many of you thought the refs would allow Syracuse to win a 1 possession game at Cameron? Especially when they had a chance to call something, anything. I am just as amazed as K. It must be shocking to get the special treatment they get for decades -- and then for it not be there? Jarring, I am sure.
There is a certain logic here.

Or saved some TO's.

Usually the AMAZING Duke scorekeeper is able to handle that issue by not stopping the clock at the end of the play, forcing the refs to come over and correct the time.

He was banking on getting a couple more of those "free" timeouts that he usually gets during the game

We had the same thought on how he usually cheats that problem away.

Cheriehoop said:
That is unbelievable so he wants people to believe that he was being chewed on in those eternal last 2 seconds. If he didn't bite himself, I bet someone else had a pretty sore mouth/loose teeth from him smacking someone. Below you can watch that last play and SU players just gnawing away at poor Jones all the way down the court. :crazy: YouTube Video

Wrong vid. K is complaining about the play on the missed Duke shot where Mali came up with the ball.

I loved what Cooney had to say about that.

"I don't know who shot it,'' Cooney said. "It was one of those times when you're just in the moment. The shot went up and everyone was just trying to get the ball. It was just a brawl. Malachi was a man and ended up with the ball. It won us the game.''

It was amazing that CJ Fair got called for an offensive foul at the end of the game in 2014.

It's amazing how things eventually even out.

Let's hope the budding Duke - Syracuse rivalry continues to be amazing.

Except things didn't even out in my opinion.

The Fair call was terrible, and Duke should have had the opportunity to inbounds the ball from the backcourt with 1.0 second left. They are not equal.

On that last play with Jones: the funny thing is the refs probably thought they were doing what they were there to do, give Duke advantages. Since we had a foul to give, calling that foul would have essentially ended the game. So they made a judgement call, and let it play out. Duke didn't get the shot off, and K destroys them in the PC. Sometimes, even a loyal and hardworking employee can't do the right thing for the boss.

Two thoughts...
1. Does this mean we are now "accepted" in the ACC club? We have paid our "membership" dues?
2. Coach K is going to have some "amazing" dreams tonight, lol!!! I feel bad for Mrs. K. He is going to wake up at 2am and say "amazing" at 3:15 am and say "amazing" at 4am and say "amazing"....

It was amazing that CJ Fair got called for an offensive foul at the end of the game in 2014.

It's amazing how things eventually even out.

Let's hope the budding Duke - Syracuse rivalry continues to be amazing.

I agree. We got a crucial break today. Last year they got a crucial break. The paranoids that see hidden referee motives should not have the right to vote in public elections. Errors do not have to have nefarious causes. Bad calls are inevitable. Have any of the paranoids ever refed a game?

There were two controversial contacts with no call at the end of this game. I've seen situations where a ref calls a three shot foul on a half court heave. As far as I am concerned, this game even things out with our last game at their house.

Two thoughts...
1. Does this mean we are now "accepted" in the ACC club? We have paid our "membership" dues?
2. Coach K is going to have some "amazing" dreams tonight, lol!!! I feel bad for Mrs. K. He is going to wake up at 2am and say "amazing" at 3:15 am and say "amazing" at 4am and say "amazing"...

He won a national title last year, he will get over it.

Fresh off a championship, really?
I can understand doing it if theres a huge advantage but when you shoot 37% at home and 27% from three(37 attempts) and your defense is about 60% of what it was in the first half, and giving up 26 offensive rebounds, and only forcing 8 turnovers while letting your opponent shoot 47% from three. Gbinije was in foul trouble for cuse first half nobody for duke all game. gtfooh. howbout telling it like it is, like JB would?
Hope the head official mails that to K tomorrow morning.

Atleast give credit to syraucse where its due. We are a good team and won a hard earned game.

Last edited:
duke-kid-crying1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom