Coach K's "Amazing" Press Conference | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Coach K's "Amazing" Press Conference

What was amazing to me was that nobody on the broadcast acknowledges when plumlee takes 4 steps. Oh well things happen. Probably was a foul at the end but would it have been shooting even? Tough to make that call. Jimmy obv lost his mind and kept it going during the pc couple years ago. I don't blame coach k necessarily. The odd skipping the handshake line move was a bit much but I generally give these guys a pass in the immediate aftermath of these
Tough losses. You can tell he was pretty desperate for a
W if nothing else, which is nice to see.

Its great, I remember the Duke players making fun of JB in the aftermath of the Coat game...fair enough, and JB actions afterward were less then a shining example, but JB never intentionally skipped opponent players in the hand shake line, NEVER. Kiss my ass Duke.

Nor have I ever seen JB go to the scorer's table after a game to berate and cry to an official. Very strange behavior by Coach K.

Watching the game late when we were up 3, it was amazing to look at the crowd and see how calm the fans were. Almost as if they knew that on that floor, that late in the game, they could count on a whistle in their favor.

And he said "And this is America" or some such nonsense BS too.
That was the most offensive thing his team did or say the entire game that day. Coach you need to stop ripping America and practice your offense a little more. That was the one statement that was over the top in the whole presser.

And this is why I have no problem with Boeheim going Captain Insane-O against them a few years back.

Also, check out this paragraph from ESPN's recap:

Krzyzewski used the word "amazing" nine times while describing the end of the game in his postgame news conference. In the locker room afterward, Jones showed off a scratch shaped like a human mouth on his left hand that he said he acquired on that play.

"I can't really go to the ref and show him," Jones said.

That's right, college basketball. You are on notice. If you have mere seconds to try to win SYRACUSE WILL EAT YOU. LITERALLY EAT YOU.

Amazing.

well, wouldn't that kind of indicate that Jones hit someone in their mouth then?

well, wouldn't that kind of indicate that Jones hit someone in their mouth then?

I am still not sure what call he is whining about.. The collision with Richardson or the last second no call on cooney which was meaningless because we has a foul to give? Neither were bad no-calls anyway.

What was amazing to me was that nobody on the broadcast acknowledges when plumlee takes 4 steps. Oh well things happen. Probably was a foul at the end but would it have been shooting even? Tough to make that call. Jimmy obv lost his mind and kept it going during the pc couple years ago. I don't blame coach k necessarily. The odd skipping the handshake line move was a bit much but I generally give these guys a pass in the immediate aftermath of these
Tough losses. You can tell he was pretty desperate for a
W if nothing else, which is nice to see.

Or that he stepped on the baseline 2-3 times prior to a dunk

I am still not sure what call he is whining about.. The collision with Richardson or the last second no call on cooney which was meaningless because we has a foul to give? Neither were bad no-calls anyway.

oh yeah I agree, I don't see contact with his mouth area at all.

What is even more amazing is the fact we had a foul to give at the end and Coach Amazing and his fan base seemed to forget about that amazing fact. Refs knew the deal at the end.

The no-call with Cooney could have been considered a shooting foul but I don't know that K is complaining about that one.

Its great, I remember the Duke players making fun of JB in the aftermath of the Coat game...fair enough, and JB actions afterward were less then a shining example, but JB never intentionally skipped opponent players in the hand shake line, NEVER. Kiss my ass Duke.

But, at least JB expressed how he felt instead of substituting the word "b.s." with "amazing"

netman99 said:

He's complaining about the Richardson collision.

GoCuse14 said:

Absolutely. Nobody is trying to bite anyone. It's obvious his arm hit someone in the mouth. Since most players don't lead with their mouth, I'll assume Jones fouled someone by smacking them in the mouth. Accidental probably but still a foul.

GoCuse14 said:

Who knows...maybe we have resorted to biting and it's time to get the NCAA involved.

Ridiculous. No one bites or even really has the opportunity to bite in basketball. It's stupid. He obviously hit someone in the mouth. It's not like you are sticking your face in a scrum or an arm bar. You are dead on right.

44cuse

th

Just viewed the video. . . I guess I'll stop saying "$H1t Happens" and say "Amazing Happens!" It's SO much more gentile, and it'll keep reminding me of this win -- the amazing gift that keeps on giving.:rolleyes:-VBOF

Just viewed the video. . . I guess I'll stop saying "$H1t Happens" and say "Amazing Happens!" It's SO much more gentile, and it'll keep reminding me of this win -- the amazing gift that keeps on giving.:rolleyes:-VBOF

The next time Duke is in the Dome can Otto's Army please get an "It's Amazing" chant going. I don't want K to ever live this one down.

Throwing your arms up in the air is pure flop. No basketball play there. It was a nice tackle by the Duke guard at the end of the play. Babers would be proud if his guys made the play. Serious knee injuries come from diving at player's legs on the hardcourt. Cheap shot.

Coach K acting like Putin's sister in drag. Didn't get his way...oh my, pity NC State next team to come into Cameron. Every time an NC State player breathes they will be called for a foul. Real jack a$$! I find it to be AMAZING

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom