Coaching Carousel | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

Upstate said:
Richt played QB at Miami. Would be a great fit

Forgot about that. Not sure what's going on with the U's search, they are moving at a Gamecock pace. But maybe this is what they've been waiting to find out.

Per sources in the profession, Kirby Smart, Dan Mullen, and Jimbo Fisher are the three most likely targets for UGA. For Smart, this would be coming home. For Mullen, Georgia is his dream job. For Jimbo, a place he could live happily forever. Wouldn’t have to golf, could fish and hunt and coach ball. Probably sounds pretty appealing to Jimbo.

http://footballscoop.com/news/georgia-has-fired-mark-richt/

Richt might retire. He has hinted as much in the past.

Doubt it. I think we're far enough along with our own candidates that the ship has sailed, to be honest. And by that I mean that I wouldn't be surprised if paperwork is on the verge of being signed.

Announce today. :)

Richt might retire. He has hinted as much in the past.

That's a definite possibility. I know he is very religious and involved with his church and might want to do some work in that direction.

Doubt it. I think we're far enough along with our own candidates that the ship has sailed, to be honest. And by that I mean that I wouldn't be surprised if paperwork is on the verge of being signed.

Whose name is on that contract?

I think Kirby Smart will be the favorite for this job. He's an alum. One of the better jobs in the country with all the talent down in Georgia.

I thought Smart was the leading candidate for South Carolina.

Still frost?

I don't know why Jimbo Fisher would leave FSU for UGA. Georgia is a great football school with an awesome fan base here in Georgia but I think FSU is a notch above them with OSU and Bama.

That being said, our ACC division was probably tougher than the SEC East so that "easy path" argument may start to fade if the ACC recruiting actually starts to translate consistently.

If Frost is the guy, we should have no trouble bringing him in unless there's serious market competition. He currently makes $400,000. Slap 2M on the table and watch how fast contracts get signed.

I think whoever the new HC is, people will be surprised by the $$$, but more so by the length of the contract. Part of the compensation pitch to Frost (or the 2nd choice) is that SU is going to guarantee 5 years (guessing based on what I've heard).

It sounds like this will be an "all in" hire, whoever it is.

I think whoever the new HC is, people will be surprised by the $$$, but more so by the length of the contract. Part of the compensation pitch to Frost (or the 2nd choice) is that SU is going to guarantee 5 years (guessing based on what I've heard).

If so, it will have a big buyout.

As it should be, imo. Whoever comes here needs full administrative support.