Coaching Carousel | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

image.jpg

Based on this statistic, I've given up on coaches staying long-term, beyond 10 years. It doesn't happen anymore. We need to accept it.

This is funny (a Michigan recruit sitting next to Durkin, responding to a report that Durkin is about to take the Maryland job):

We need to pay at least this much.

Weren't a bunch of people saying 2.5 Million wasn't enough to hire a coach? This is an established HC who was a hot commodity who signed for 2 million (at least for 1st year) in a destination that's not considered a coveted location. Let's not overdramatize how much we need to spend. I'm fine with the School paying what the hire's qualifications merit and hopefully pay well for a good staff. The more the hire is willing to commit to stay (buyout), the more the school should commit. As people have said, there's only so many P5 jobs are available and we have a lot to offer.

Weren't a bunch of people saying 2.5 Million wasn't enough to hire a coach? This is an established HC who was a hot commodity who signed for 2 million (at least for 1st year) in a destination that's not considered a coveted location. Let's not overdramatize how much we need to spend. I'm fine with the School paying what the hire's qualifications merit and hopefully pay well for a good staff. The more the hire is willing to commit to stay (buyout), the more the school should commit. As people have said, there's only so many P5 jobs are available and we have a lot to offer.

I actually said $2.5M. If Campbell is getting that much at lowly Iowa St., we need to up the ante considerably from what Shafer was getting. It's just the market.

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

Rutgers:
Seton Hall school of law dean emeritus Patrick Hobbs has been named Rutgers athletic director. Hobbs served as Seton Hall's interim AD from 2010-11. He was recently appointed by New Jersey governor Chris Christie to serve as an independent ethics ombudsman to the Office of the Governor. Running backs coach Norries Wilson will assume interim head coaching duties for the second time this year.

I actually said $2.5M. If Campbell is getting that much at lowly Iowa St., we need to up the ante considerably from what Shafer was getting. It's just the market.

No doubt, but I don't think 2.5 Million or more is a prerequisite, particularly for someone with no HC experience.