Coaching Carousel | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

so Oregonian is saying other jobs opening since Shafer was fired is the reason for the delay.
At the same time other doors are closing. Before long, all of the chairs will be taken and he'll be back at Eugene... $1.5M poorer.

Could be nobody but he could be using all those openings to get all the incentives he wants in the contract. Like more money for staff, lower buyout, ect...

Cmon coyle!!

tumblr_mg6f8jLBUD1qz4st8o1_1280.jpg

Mizzou has to go higher profile no? I'd be upset with a Frost hire if i was mizzou

This does not mean that he could not become the Mizzou HC, but Frost threw the famous tipped pass to get to OT and salvage Nebraska's season in 1997. Would be like us hiring Keith Smart. Well, kinda ...

Frost to Mizzo and Philip Montgomery to Syracuse I wouldn't be mad

agree. if things don't work out with Frost, then he would be a great next guy. Brohm, Babers,, Fleck(sounds like a pipedream at this point), Riley, Sanford. still some nice options. still think we have a good shot with Frost but what the hell do I know?

agree. if things don't work out with Frost, then he would be a great next guy. Brohm, Babers,, Fleck(sounds like a pipedream at this point), Riley, Sanford. still some nice options. still think we have a good shot with Frost but what the hell do I know?

I think Sanford will go to Virgina.

BEAU BALDWIN

i hate to say it, but with every passing minute i am scared to see the "Frost signs new deal at Oregon, or Frost removes name from consideration from Syracuse etc. :(
"Never take counsel of your fears." - Benjamin Franklin :cool:

Nobody is talking about Brohm down at WKU...he is a home run hire...Cuse could definitely be a player if we want.

Nobody is talking about Brohm down at WKU...he is a home run hire...Cuse could definitely be a player if we want.
Saw on Twitter earlier today, he's turned down multiple job interview opportunities already. Apparently won't even entertain the idea until after the CUSA title game:

I wonder what the story is with Babers. He makes too much sense. Methinks Coyle prefers a younger guy.

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=News-Notes--Quotes--Dec-1

- James Franklin dismissed offensive coordinator John Donovan on Sunday
, and Big Ten Network analyst Gerry DiNardo says it’s a coach not being stubborn in the face of criticism. The Nittany Lions were No. 101 in scoring this year.

“This is James Franklin not being tone-deaf,” DiNardo said. “I have been in the situation. I was at LSU and we were struggling, and everybody wanted me to change my coordinators, and I stood my ground and I didn’t. Here’s what I learned about that. When everyone is saying something, even when they don’t know the game like you do, I think this is just James Franklin not being tone-deaf to Christian Hackenberg’s (struggles), the spread formation. I don’t think the athletic director forced him into this. This was James’ call, because he didn’t like the way they were going offensively.”

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=News-Notes--Quotes--Dec-1

- James Franklin dismissed offensive coordinator John Donovan on Sunday
, and Big Ten Network analyst Gerry DiNardo says it’s a coach not being stubborn in the face of criticism. The Nittany Lions were No. 101 in scoring this year.

“This is James Franklin not being tone-deaf,” DiNardo said. “I have been in the situation. I was at LSU and we were struggling, and everybody wanted me to change my coordinators, and I stood my ground and I didn’t. Here’s what I learned about that. When everyone is saying something, even when they don’t know the game like you do, I think this is just James Franklin not being tone-deaf to Christian Hackenberg’s (struggles), the spread formation. I don’t think the athletic director forced him into this. This was James’ call, because he didn’t like the way they were going offensively.”

Sounds like Franklin himself won't be there much longer.