Coaching Carousel | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

all I know is that this board has slowed to a crawl at times with all the interlopers hanging around here waiting to jump on the inside info

We're still interviewing so there's going to be a lot out there. Even if we're trying to close on one guy it's good business to continue the process.
I assumed that would be the case. Coyle understands the process.

We're still interviewing so there's going to be a lot out there. Even if we're trying to close on one guy it's good business to continue the process.
Agree. You can't put all of your eggs in one basket. There need to be contingency plans.

Some of the names being talked about around the internet are pretty absurd, though. And some of the ones that are under consideration are down the list.

Well Coyle had to wait for Patricia to get back from Denver for one.

Hmmmm I wonder if that was really a flight for Montgomery then.

Agree. You can't put all of your eggs in one basket. There need to be contingency plans.

Some of the names being talked about around the internet are pretty absurd, though. And some of the ones that are under consideration are down the list.
Are Lincoln Riley and Philip Montgomery legit candidates from what you've heard?

I don't know how legit they are in terms of mutual interest, but I have been told Coyle has looked into both of them.

I still think there is only one "legit" candidate in Coyles eyes. He wants his man first and foremost. I think if that guys says NO or they can't reach terms then guys like Riley, Montgomery and Sanford all come into play IMO.

I guess we could still wind up with Babers!
I certainly wouldn't rule it out, but I think he's a little down on the list. Probably after Sanford.

I guess we could still wind up with Babers!
crossing_fingers_kevin_bacon.gif

so Oregonian is saying other jobs opening since Shafer was fired is the reason for the delay. What other jobs? Rutgers? UVA? Georgia isnt hiring him. Who could he be talking too?

so Oregonian is saying other jobs opening since Shafer was fired is the reason for the delay. What other jobs? Rutgers? UVA? Georgia isnt hiring him. Who could he be talking too?

Could be nobody but he could be using all those openings to get all the incentives he wants in the contract. Like more money for staff, lower buyout, ect...