Coaching Carousel | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

Is the MLB we got a commitment from going to Maryland now?
Let's hope not but I would say it's 50/50 now. Look how quick he flipped to us.

Well, George McD spent about a month or so at Arkansas before leaving for SU. It works both ways.

Doesn't mean I agree with how he came here either.

Promotion or not. GM's is more acceptable because of this though.

If an assistant coach can pull a money grab stunt and leave after 26 days, whose to say that someday a head coach won't pull a similar move? Someday this will happen where a newly hired HC leaves a P5 job for more money a month after he arrives.

Coach Lewis tweeted yesterday that Monday was his official first day at Syracuse. So maybe Beatty never actually received any compensation and switched jobs before the Syracuse job actually started.

Coach Lewis tweeted yesterday that Monday was his official first day at Syracuse. So maybe Beatty never actually received any compensation and switched jobs before the Syracuse job actually started.
None of the new assistant coaches are listed in SUAD's directory as of now.

That makes some sense as most assistant coaches have a one year contract. Also it was odd as Beatty wasn't following any prospects on twitter.

San Francisco 49ers: Chip Kelly and Mike Shanahan have expressed interest in the potential 49ers head coaching opening, according to Sports Illustrated’s Mike Silver.
http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker
Chip Kelly - we do not want you in SF. Go back to college or possibly take the Titans job.

It's sad to see that Tomsula had to take the fall for the horrible job Trent Balke has done as GM for the 49ers. If anyone should have been hired it should have been him.

Deano said:
Chip Kelly - we do not want you in SF. Go back to college or possibly take the Titans job. It's sad to see that Tomsula had to take the fall for the horrible job Trent Balke has done as GM for the 49ers. If anyone should have been hired it should have been him.

2011 PFW NFL Exec if the Year. ;)

BTW, I think there are zero players from '12 draft left on the team. Brutal.

44cuse

2011 PFW NFL Exec if the Year. ;)

BTW, I think there are zero players from '12 draft left on the team. Brutal.

44cuse
Ticks me off cause the players loved Tomsula and how can you fire him after only 1 year considering what he's had to work with this year with injuries, QB changes, etc.

Ticks me off cause the players loved Tomsula and how can you fire him after only 1 year considering what he's had to work with this year with injuries, QB changes, etc.

Did the players love him because he allowed them to essentially run the team? Just asking out of curiosity as it's been stated that he was very lenient with the players and allowed them to dictate practices and such.

Did the players love him because he allowed them to essentially run the team? Just asking out of curiosity as it's been stated that he was very lenient with the players and allowed them to dictate practices and such.

The GM stinks and so does Tomsula, they need to clean house. Tomsula is a total steak head, he needs to return to making 80's Pron

I have not heard or read that anywhere but hope that wasn't the case.

I'm not a 9er fan, but I do have some access to the locker room and the team and from what I understand, it seems like there is a lot more at play here. Jed and Trent are playing a dangerous game with internal power. From the outside looking in:

-Jed (obviously) not going anywhere
-Trent not going anywhere
-Harbough run out; much back channel to the media
-Kap only comfortable with Harbaugh; without Harbaugh couldn't get head straight; more back channel to media subverting Kap
-Tomsula a 1YR stop gap to get rid of Harbaugh with longer term plan for Payton (Parcells tree like Baalke) or Adam Gase (who rejected last year when Yorks told him he had to keep Tomsula on staff)

Personally, and I'm not a fan so it's just MO, I think Holmgren is an interesting option for a franchise that needs some maturity and stability.

44cuse

Doug Marrone to the Giants?

Per a source.
stirringpot.png

If an assistant coach can pull a money grab stunt and leave after 26 days, whose to say that someday a head coach won't pull a similar move? Someday this will happen where a newly hired HC leaves a P5 job for more money a month after he arrives.
It depends on a person's character.