College Hoops Sim League Thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

College Hoops Sim League Thread

Ok, so I took a slightly different approach this recruiting season... Started with $18K needing 3 players because I had money left over from last season. After scouting service, start with $16K. I'm sitting at $13K right now with 2 guys ready to sign. 1 of which I will definitely take because I have no PGs, so if I have to battle for him, I will. I love the Center prospect too.

I'm basically slow playing towards landing some big time recruits. Could bite me in the ass, could serve me well, but now you guys are along for the ride with me...

Hey, what do you know about Mark Rodrigues.. Center from Texas?

Well, I've signed 4 dudes. Hinkley is the only holdout so far. And my money is virtually gone at this point. If he doesn't sign in the next round, I'm not sure what to do since I won't have enough money left over to offer a scholie to his backup plan.

CuseTroop said:
Hey, what do you know about Mark Rodrigues.. Center from Texas?

image-2682100365.jpg

ughh thanks man.

I'm so piissed off about Reed. Had that dude locked up from day 1, and a D1 motha focka comes out of nowhere and snatches his ass..
Not overly impressed with this Rodrigues dude, based on what looks to be fairly limited potential for improvement, particularly in the low post game. Doesn't look like he has much chance to be a real offensive threat to me based on that scouting report.

Not overly impressed with this Rodrigues dude, based on what looks to be fairly limited potential for improvement, particularly in the low post game. Doesn't look like he has much chance to be a real offensive threat to me based on that scouting report.

yea, i'm not touching him.

I think this is the most piissed i've been about a player... I dropped a ton of money on Reed

Well it's Hinkley or bust. I have reached the point where I no longer have enough money to offer his backup a scholarship because I have spent so damn much on him.

DAMNIT. Lost out on Hinkley. Now I'll have to have a walk on fill my last roster spot.

Oh well.

DAMNIT. Lost out on Hinkley. Now I'll have to have a walk on fill my last roster spot.

Oh well.
Damn, was hoping you were able to snag him. Sucks man. I'm still seeking my final guy. Hoping to snag a D1 reject.

Hey, sorry man, I just saw this. I was out in the mountains all day Saturday. You end up scooping him up?
No, went in a different direction. Had a choice between the #189 PG or the unranked PG, looking to get a guy in that I could mold in the future and went with the unranked guy. Will be interesting to follow these two through their careers.

Made a few changes after winning my first game, and lost to a team I should have beat.

1-1 in North Alabama

Yikes... scrambling here in St. Edwards... off to an 0-2 start and looking ugly!

I'm off to a 2-0 start, but I expect to come crashing back down soon enough. I haven't exactly played strong opponents to open the year. Just messed around a bit with my lineup and point distribution, we'll see how it goes.

3-1 heading into #5 Wayne St tomorrow.

Made a few changes after the last game.. If I can get my bigs to perform regularly I think I have a pretty damn good team..

Edit - Coming off a loss, Wayne St is ranked 17th

Last edited:
Corey Jolin buries a jumper from the left wing with 1 sec on the clock and N. Alabama beats Wayne St by 1!!

Hey Thomas Reed, how do you like Minnesota? Oh, you dont start? Oh you average 6.5 mins a game? You piece of , I hope you tear an ACL.

:cool:

I seem to have gotten my ship right now.. Sitting at 6-2 and with a strong RPI at 24. Troop, you're borderline ranked and have an even higher RPI than mine at the moment. Great work.

I seem to have gotten my ship right now.. Sitting at 6-2 and with a strong RPI at 24. Troop, you're borderline ranked and have an even higher RPI than mine at the moment. Great work.

My SOS took a huge hit, I knew I had set myself up with a little weaker of a sched this season, but I'm currently at 212. I was trying to hold in lower than 100. RPI dropped to 76 as well.

I hate the dead day today, lets play some basketball!

Agreed... though I lost to some shitty human team and now sit at 7-3. This is going to be one tough year for us at St. Edwards.

Beat Valdosta St in OT, lost to Incarnate Word as they dropped a 3 on me to take the lead with under 5 seconds left. Our half court shot attempt fell short.

SOS rose to 162

9-3 heading into #12 Lincoln in the morning.

Still feeling good about this season.

I just lost to Lincoln. My guys played a great game, but we just didn't have enough. I'm scrambling hoping to get to 18 wins.

I just lost to Lincoln. My guys played a great game, but we just didn't have enough. I'm scrambling hoping to get to 18 wins.

I need my bench to do work... My starters are having a great season, but if my bench doesnt show up, I lose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom