College Hoops Sim League Thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

College Hoops Sim League Thread

CuseTroop said:
Hows recruiting going? I've been sick, so I havent even started yet, Will get hot on it today
same boat here. Just getting ready!

I've got four guys locked up and I'm chasing two others, including battling a D1 school for a transfer with one year of eligibility. He's a 674 rating so I need him. Plus I have no seniors on my roster so I wouldn't mind having one open slot heading into next offseason.

I've got four guys locked up and I'm chasing two others, including battling a D1 school for a transfer with one year of eligibility. He's a 674 rating so I need him. Plus I have no seniors on my roster so I wouldn't mind having one open slot heading into next offseason.

Man, I just started recruiting this morning. Got a couple I'm looking at, Had a guy I liked, but saw he was solid looking at you, so I left him alone. What states did you FSS?

I actually didn't do any FSS this cycle.

Out of curiosity which dude of mine were you looking at?

Ah, yeah, I desperately need a backup center so you keep your filthy paws to yourself.

Picked a good one. He is listed as High in rebounding, defense, low post, perimeter, and passing. Low in speed, and average in everything else.

Picked a good one. He is listed as High in rebounding, defense, low post, perimeter, and passing. Low in speed, and average in everything else.
Nice. I like it! Hell, maybe he will improve enough to leapfrog my starting center on the depth chart.

Not my best recruiting effort thus far, but still getting after it, albeit slowly.

Have you guys redshirted dudes before? If I sign both of the SFs I'm going after I'm thinking of redshirting one, but won't decide that until I know I've landed both so I can't inform him of a redshirt yet. But I don't want him to get mopey, not improve, and transfer out.

Have you guys redshirted dudes before? If I sign both of the SFs I'm going after I'm thinking of redshirting one, but won't decide that until I know I've landed both so I can't inform him of a redshirt yet. But I don't want him to get mopey, not improve, and transfer out.

I redshirted a PF last season. I got an email saying he was mad, felt lied to. His WE dropped about 7 points. Still on the team this season

I've done it. Few words of wisdom, don't redshirt anyone with low WE. You won't get anywhere with that. There is always the risk of him getting upset, but you won't know until you actually do it. If they respond negatively, you can always remove it.

Ok, let's get the signings started. Four locked up, and two looking at me and another school. Fingers crossed they both pick me or I'll be scrambling.

I went ahead and scouted KY, TN, AR, and NE because I was curious what my guys are going to be like in terms of potential.

So that 674 SF I was recruiting so hard? Who I spent $11000+ on? Who was considering me heavily? No longer considering me. Why? Because Ohio freaking State swooped in. Damnit.

And now I'm completely out of recruiting money with two open scholarships. Two guys are considering me and a scholarship has been offered to a third guy, so I guess I'll just wait and see if one of them pulls the trigger in this cycle. Nothing else I can do. At least they aren't really at positions of immediate need.

how do I join you guys?

www.whatifsports.com

We are in the "Phelan" world. Sign ups wont be for about another month, as we just started a new season.

We are in DII now.. You would have to coach prolly 2 seasons in DIII before you would be able to move into DII and our conference.

This has been a blast, you should check it out.

www.whatifsports.com

We are in the "Phelan" world. Sign ups wont be for about another month, as we just started a new season.

We are in DII now.. You would have to coach prolly 2 seasons in DIII before you would be able to move into DII and our conference.

This has been a blast, you should check it out.

Awesome... looking in to which team i want to "reserve" now... should I try to stick in the same area that I want to eventually be in d2/d1?

Awesome... looking in to which team i want to "reserve" now... should I try to stick in the same area that I want to eventually be in d2/d1?

umm, I'm not sure if that matters or not.

We started out in the Empire 8, coaching upstate NY schools. We are down south in the Heartland conference now.

I'd find a team where you can get a couple winning seasons off the bat. Give you a chance to learn the game, but get a good enough coaching record to be able to move up to DII after a few seasons.

Well I'm gonna have at least one walkon, maybe two if one of my recruits can't get eligible. Ah well, shorter bench I guess.

Well I'm gonna have at least one walkon, maybe two if one of my recruits can't get eligible. Ah well, shorter bench I guess.

I need to figure out if I wanna try to go for a big transfer late, and take a walk on, or take 2 good 4 year players

I'm all wrapped up with recruiting... Too much money left, but I guess that will help for next season. Grabbed a Center late that I'm really really high on. Very nervous about this coming season. Likely going to be another 20 win season, which would be alright, but I want those 2-4 loss seasons back!

This guy is selfish!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom