College Hoops Sim League Thread | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

College Hoops Sim League Thread

CuseTroop said:
Man, I needed the PG I took, but I really should have scooped this guy up. Taken my licks at the 1 for a season, and had a solid C. None of my current C's have very much upside I need to recruit better.
just looked at the first scrimmage and feeling really high about my squad this season. Last season was a down one. I've reloaded big time.

Sorry for tooting my own horn!

Orangepace said:
just looked at the first scrimmage and feeling really high about my squad this season. Last season was a down one. I've reloaded big time. Sorry for tooting my own horn!
Pr!ck

CuseTroop said:
Pr!ck
Haven't had a chance to look at your squad yet. I'm sure you're set for a quality season!

Move Linton to PF and Avina to C... Hazard to PG, Blackmore to SG, Morris backup PG.

Hey man, thanks. Just so I understand whats going on:

Avina to C because of his 92 LP? Linton to PF because he is faster?

I kind of figured that I had PG and SG all messed up. lol

549 with three seasons left? Man, I would be all over that dude, personally. That's some solid potential right there.
Ok, here goes sir...

Pos - Starter/Backup
C - Sidhu/Smith/Nash
PF - Benefiel/Smith/Woods
SF - Hinojosa/Hennessey/Woods
SG - Inman/Mattson
PG - Fett/Cox

Try and redshirt Benton. Also, if you can before next season, get rid of Hennessey... He's too slow to play PG, and too shitty to play any other position. Hard truth.

Hey man, thanks. Just so I understand whats going on:

Avina to C because of his 92 LP? Linton to PF because he is faster?

I kind of figured that I had PG and SG all messed up. lol
Correct on Avina/Linton. Rule of thumb for me... C should be your highest ATH/REB/BLK/LP guy. PF should be similar, but you want to have more speed. Centers don't really need speed at all.

On PG/SG, Typically, your highest PE guy should be your SG, but you want your best BH/Pass guy to play PG everyday and for your PG to have 135+ ATH/SPD total.

rough start for Rhodes. 1-2. Lost to the #1 and #6 teams handily... the AI booked a tough schedule for me.

I think i'm getting the hang of game-planning and practices though. Marked improvement in each game. The JUCO SG I picked up has improved greatly. My conference looks pretty tough, though

Damn... thought I would be much better this season in non-conference but oh well... time to push for a conference championship, though I don't think anyone is going undefeated in conference this season. Would be surprised if everyone doesn't lose at least 2 games.

You have any non conference games open for next season?

Nope. I thought i was building a schedule for the season we are in. Quickly realized this was not the case when i played 4 top 10 games.

Orangepace said:
Ok, here goes sir... Pos - Starter/Backup C - Sidhu/Smith/Nash PF - Benefiel/Smith/Woods SF - Hinojosa/Hennessey/Woods SG - Inman/Mattson PG - Fett/Cox Try and redshirt Benton. Also, if you can before next season, get rid of Hennessey... He's too slow to play PG, and too shitty to play any other position. Hard truth.
How's that lineup treating you? jekelish

Last edited:
Orangepace said:
Correct on Avina/Linton. Rule of thumb for me... C should be your highest ATH/REB/BLK/LP guy. PF should be similar, but you want to have more speed. Centers don't really need speed at all. On PG/SG, Typically, your highest PE guy should be your SG, but you want your best BH/Pass guy to play PG everyday and for your PG to have 135+ ATH/SPD total.
was this helpful?

big game for me this afternoon. 8-7 overall but #49 RPI. I take on #40. I just lost to the #8 RPI guy by 9 which is progress. Ever since I went with a bigger bench, I seem to be doing a bit better.

big game for me this afternoon. 8-7 overall but #49 RPI. I take on #40. I just lost to the #8 RPI guy by 9 which is progress. Ever since I went with a bigger bench, I seem to be doing a bit better.
I'll give your squad a look if you like. I really don't like stepping on toes with my opinions.

I'll give your squad a look if you like. I really don't like stepping on toes with my opinions.

no, its all good. I'm really embarrassed by my walk-on. dont judge, haha. chalk it up to first season blues.

I love that you are St Ed's by the way. I gave y'alls conference a look-see. I am from Austin. Just moved back about 2 years ago, too.

no, its all good. I'm really embarrassed by my walk-on. dont judge, haha. chalk it up to first season blues.

I love that you are St Ed's by the way. I gave y'alls conference a look-see. I am from Austin. Just moved back about 2 years ago, too.
Thanks man. Really putting together a nice season so far down here.. Our conference is getting tougher... jekelish 's squad looks really competitive this season as does CuseTroop 's. I have a really really good Sophmore that is starting to round fully into form now. He's going to be a star.

was this helpful?

The roster moves were deff helpful. I just need to recruit better. I'm kicking myself for not going after that stud C you showed me. I had already jumped into that SG.

The roster moves were deff helpful. I just need to recruit better. I'm kicking myself for not going after that stud C you showed me. I had already jumped into that SG.
No worries man. There will be more studs that come along..

BIG game for me tomorrow AM... on the road. I need a big win to solidify by chances at the NT

Rhodes - sheaj
conf record - 8-3 (2nd place in my division)
overall record - 13-8
top 25 record - 0-5
last 10 - 8-2
RPI - 53rd
SOS - 28th

#16 Centre - armyof1
conf record - 10-0 (1st place in my division)
overall record - 17-3
top 25 record - 3-1
last 10 - 10-0
RPI - 4th
SOS - 12th

BIG game for me tomorrow AM... on the road. I need a big win to solidify by chances at the NT

Rhodes - sheaj
conf record - 8-3 (2nd place in my division)
overall record - 13-8
top 25 record - 0-5
last 10 - 8-2
RPI - 53rd
SOS - 28th

#16 Centre - armyof1
conf record - 10-0 (1st place in my division)
overall record - 17-3
top 25 record - 3-1
last 10 - 10-0
RPI - 4th
SOS - 12th
That's one tough game. Good luck man.

jekelish said:
I've been singing "We Are the Champions" all morning after seeing the score from last night's showdown, FYI.
great win for you guys! I will see you in the conference tourney in a few days!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom